Angry Anger Management Thread

And that doesn't mean running all over others and stepping on them and using others for self gratification either.

So sorry that you have to go through that...
I know bb !!!! I know 😭 . . . . But if it wasn't that it would be something else. THANK YOU. Thank you so much.

I am fckn crying so hard right now. It hurts. hurts. fckn hurts.

brb

Anyway . . . . we need an Anger Awareness Month too !! 👍

It's probably part of the primal and survival instincts too.

Like an infant that has the instinct and fear of a spider but doesn't quite know why yet. 🕷️

I'm beginning to become angry at myself for having done so many silly mistakes recently. Nothing serious, really, but I'm a perfectionist and demand like 180% of myself because I know that I can do 200% when I'm at my best.
Yet I learned that anger won't make me more efficient, quite the contrary. All I can do now is to analyze why I did so many mistakes, learn, and correct things done wrong / make them better next time.
And sometimes shit happens.
And some of it can even be quite funny.

I'm beginning to become angry at myself for having done so many silly mistakes recently. Nothing serious, really, but I'm a perfectionist and demand like 180% of myself because I know that I can do 200% when I'm at my best.
Yet I learned that anger won't make me more efficient, quite the contrary. All I can do now is to analyze why I did so many mistakes, learn, and correct things done wrong / make them better next time.
And sometimes shit happens.
And some of it can even be quite funny.

This is how we learn to do better by mistakes.

If you scorch you self on the hot burning stove this is how you learn what not to do and how to do it better next time around !!!

And also this is how we can learn from each other to help ourselves and not make the same bad things over and over and over again and again.

And this is how we try to learn to do everything better the next time and we grow stronger through trial and error. Our experiences.

If we didn't make mistakes we wouldn't know the right way to do things and how to get better from ALL of our experiences.

And what doesn't take you down makes you the stronger than ever. This is how we learn I suppose !!!!

<3

Kiely it's interesting how while you were pondering how it could be that an anger management thread could help to manage anger, that I'd just read your previous comment which was really informative/relevant for me. I've tried to control other people all my life. I always forget the near-impossibility of that one (there I go again, calling it 'near-impossibility when it should be just 'Impossibility'. It's like I'm unconsciously hard-wired to believe I can do it. I heard anger is a secondary emotion, usually linked to moods like sorrow, fear or disgust. That anger is noble protector.

Yes as you say, no one likes to hear someone yelling screaming and insulting them. I'm resisting the urge to delete my ugly slurs. For some reason it seems if I leave them up I'll maybe be less likely to do them again. I've a short memory when it comes to being an arsehole.

I'm commencing what I hope will be my anti-arsehole pill tomorrow. It's called lamotrigine, and I'm hoping it might buy me a few seconds before I go reacting again.

Yes as you say, no one likes to hear someone yelling screaming and insulting them. I'm resisting the urge to delete my ugly slurs. For some reason it seems if I leave them up I'll maybe be less likely to do them again. I've a short memory when it comes to being an arsehole.
Deleting your posts wouldn't do any good. Either the people who read them already forgot/got over them, or they will remember them even if they aren't there anymore.
All it will do is make the rest of the comments seem very weird for whoever reads them looking for possible help or answers.

I'm commencing what I hope will be my anti-arsehole pill tomorrow. It's called lamotrigine, and I'm hoping it might buy me a few seconds before I go reacting again.
Happy to read that you get (prescribed, I hope) a new way to deal with your problem. Hopefully it's going to be of help for you so you can spend all that energy wasted in outbursts for whatever makes you happy.

dRk1mj6.gif

Mfwxobl.gif

there ya go - that's the chill pill

@mal3volent we need another smilie upgrade if you're gonna walk around with admin under your name again

i'll keep you working like a mexican
cwYmvGZ.gif