• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin withdrawal signs?

Dizziness, anxiety, insomnia, headaches, can't deal with light, generally full of unpleasant mental feelings, maybe you'll get some non-headache pains, and some people seem to get straight up dysphoria but this seems very rare.

If you were taking it consistently for a medical issue, you might get rebound symptoms related to that particular issue (like if you took it for seizures, you're maybe gonna deal with seizures in withdrawal; if you took it for nerve pain, you're gonna have bad nerve pain; restless legs, that's gonna be back with a vengeance).

I was diagnosed gabapentin for nerve pain and anxiety. It does help with the pain but lately it seems to not be working as well so I stopped taking it for a bit. I felt the same for several days/couldn't tell I had stopped taking. I then started feeling really shitty but I can't tell if it's from that or something else. I have heard some real horror stories about gabapentin withdrawal, so I think I also psyched myself out? I don't know. I started taking it again and don't feel much different? But I'm scared now that maybe by going cold turkey I did something dangerous? Maybe not. I really wish there was a non opiate pain medication that worked that didn't also destroy internal organs and mental health. Blah