• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

https://drugdatadecoded.ca/ Blog from Alberta covering their abundant recent drug war shenanigans.

Landrew

Bluelighter

some of my faves

The Alberta government is privatizing recovery data​

The government gave sole source contracts to a private addiction recovery house in BC for an app that obscures patient outcome data from the public, the health system and the government.

Euan Thomson

Euan Thomson

Dec 12, 2023 — 6 min read

Marshall Smith's human centipede​

By controlling the certification pathway for addiction services in Alberta, the Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Foundation completes the chain from propaganda to profit.

Euan Thomson

Euan Thomson

Aug 13, 2023 — 8 min read

Aye bruh that second link, the check is literally made out to a "Jane Doe"... that's crazy, not saying it can't be a real name, just looks so bad, especially with the fact they're capitalizing on addiction.

I can't imagine Alberta being as friendly to addiction as Ontario and BC has been.

This may be a bit off topic, but I just wanted to say that the idea of involuntary treatment sounds like a good idea to me, as an American.

Assuming that involuntary treatment is being "prescribed" in lieu of serious legal penalty, I think the US would benefit highly from it. Being labeled a drug felon in this country basically ruins your life.

The majority of the addicts who need treatment the most in this country cannot get it because it costs thousands of dollars, and requires insurance which many don't have. So, they end up being arrested and then detoxing in jail after they are thrown in there without much thought.

One of the worst tragedies of the drug problem in the US is the lack of socialized healthcare, lack of accessibility to treatment, which always ends up with people being labeled felons, which permanently ruins your life prospects forever.

I know the idea of involuntary treatment is controversial, and useless for those who don't want it, but it's much better than jail.