Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread North American Railroad Videos (Trainspotting 101)

Yeah, it's disappointing how limited the Amtrak routes are but there are still some great sections, great places to go. The only bummer is that I get older, sleeping in coach all night gets to be more of a drag. Better if you have someone to snuggle up to 🤔
The history of US passenger service is kind of funny. It was the backbone of the country and there was plenty of routes available until the invention of the automobile. Slowly at first, the traffic that was using the railroads used cars and buses. The advent of air travel was the straw that broke the camels back and in the early 1970's railroads petitioned the ICC to stop passenger service in many of the larger railroads. Most just disappeared due to lack of ridership. The Federal Government created AMTRAK to consolidate as many of the routes as fit the budget the were given.

Here's a nice video of some of the early trains AMTRAK inherited in the beginning which are still currently running.

Thank you. I really didn't know that. I am kind of a Duh einstein but now evern.

I can't wait to seee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bye

WAKCmdM.gif

yA93vSc.gif

I forgot to research. But that's so sweet !!