View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! too much shrooms

xannyhead

Bluelighter
ive gone through 16 grams of dried cubensis (smoking a lot of medical grade marijuana along with it but im a pothead so theres not much trouble there as I felt). I dosed 4g 10pm, then dosed 5gs by 13pm in the next day and then another 7g by 9pm. I was tripping till around 2:30am. Woke up feeling scared that i fucked up my brain forever or something. I do not plan on tripping on the next 6 months at least, but did this binge tripping cause a significant amount of tolerance to the point where i will need 4g+ lets say like 8 months from now? Am I in danger of having permanent brain issues?
ps: ive tripped 5 times in the past 3 years. Only shrooms, no acid.

What was your goal for this binge? Just to get your tolerance up?
Of course you are going to trip for a long time, idk about your head being fucked up(I mean psychosis does happen).

Talk about not respecting one of natures greatest food of the gods, so to speak. I think you deserved that fear because of the carelessness put into it. Just stick to one fat dose if you want to trip hard bro.

Btw if you were really freakin out xanax would had helped end your trip..xannihead

Shroom tolerance completely resets within 14 days, no matter how much you take.

If you had damaged your brain you would know it by now, and would present as acute psychosis, delusions, and agitation.

You just did too much. Respect the psychedelics, or they will burn you. They aren't really drugs to abuse.

Shroom tolerance will be totally reset within 7-10 days, though myself and others often find 4 or so days totally acceptable to reset tolerance, even after monster doses.

It's often smart to respect psychedelics as others said here, but I've personally binged through an ounce of mushrooms at a similar rate to you, and I've experimented with how it works best. For myself, dosing every 3 days 7-8 times in a row is the best move. You should experiment with certain dosing schedules and amounts next time you want to do something like this, psychedelic binges are difficult, and are a waste without going into it already holding an intention imo.

Any permanent damage you did, you'd already be aware of. Psychosis, HPPD, etc. Are very easy to notice. I wouldn't worry at all, just give it a break for a couple weeks and put more thought into dosing schedule/amount if you want to feel more confident in your use of these drugs.

Edit: Wanted to come back to give another personal point as somebody who's used mushrooms, LSD, and ayahuasca a large amount. The HPPD signs from overuse are incredibly different from drug to drug. LSD left many more visuals and a kind of residual focus without stimulation, mushrooms left an emotional openness and slight breathing visuals, but ayahuasca left me speaking much quieter, moving much more intentionally, and hearing a little better. These always fade once periods of high use decline, and have never really proven to be an issue, so even if psychedelic binges get you to the point of HPPD, don't fret. It goes away and you'll be just fine.

@xannyhead
Nothing is broken except your broken heart, because you wanted to spend the rest of your life stoned, and that just wont work.
Slowly you will revert back to a reasonably normal human being, or at least to a near clone of who you were before going on this binge.

you will be fine. I use to eat shrooms every day. I felt cooked for a while but recovered

You ve only went on five journey's in three years. What doses were each of those?

Talk about not respecting one of natures greatest food of the gods, so to speak. I think you deserved that fear because of the carelessness put into it. Just stick to one fat dose if you want to trip hard bro.

Btw if you were really freakin out xanax would had helped end your trip..xannihead

Don't worry you are not the only one. I had an ounce of Golden Teachers last year and I ate 7 grams in one sitting and then after the trip wore off I continued to eat a gram at a time many times throughout the night and into the next day. So all together I ate around half an ounce. It certainly raised my tolerance but I wouldn't report any brain damage or psychosis from it