• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Tolerance to Dexedrine ER after 3 days???

idontremember

Bluelighter
I was diagnosed with ADD as a teen decades ago. I was medicated for it until I was in my 20s. Many years later I finally took an adult ADHD test and I have it (they wouldn't take my word on the teen diagnosis) and am being medicated for it. They first gave me adderall ER. I hated it. It made me jittery. It felt very different than when it did when I was younger (which was slightly euphoric and helpful). I asked for dexedrine instead, based on some stuff I read on Bluelight. So, first two days on Dexedrine ER 10mg were great. I felt it working and it uplifted my mood. Day 4 though.... nada. I've taken 40mg xr today and can still barely do anything. Does tolerance build up THAT fast???? what do I do????? I can't freaking believe it. I thought this was going to be life changing. I was going to be a functioning person again and now... I legit want to cry. What do I do? If I don't take it for a couple of days will it work again? How many days should I do on/how many off? I was feeling so hopeful and like things were finally clicking into place and now....

Also, I have some adderall xr left. Can I mix? Do they cancel each other out? This is awful. I thoguht I finally found the answer and it's gone already.

In my experience, tolerance to the euphoric properties of amphetamines develops in about 4 days. It continues to help with ADHD symptoms after that, but it doesn't make you feel as euphoric.

You can help offset this by not taking it every day.

Yes, you can mix it with Adderall. They're basically the same thing. Adderall is 75% dexamphetamine, 25% levoamphetamine. Dexadrine is 100% dexamphetamine.

Yes, if you take it everyday as prescribed, tolerance builds by day 3, and then it will only last about an hour a day after that.

If you are searching for maximum desirable effect, taking 80 or 90 mg at once and then don't take anymore after that for 3 days is your best bet. Antipsychotics can be very useful for the comedown in order to avoid > than day 3 sleep deprivation.

Hope that helps.