• S&T Moderators: VerbalTruist | Skorpio | alasdairm

Science Are all drops the same in volume? water vs alcohol vs oil

Lil'LinaptkSix

Moderator: H&R, TL
Staff member
So i read that a ml is 20 drops. Cool And microdrops. wtfe
Is there a simple answer to the deal that every drop is .05ml? Regardless of surface tension of liquid? Any other factors involved?
Thanks

volume is volume. it's density that can mean different mass between two liquids of the same volume.

from what i remember about high school chemistry, volume may appear different between liquids because of how they look in a graduated cylinder - water will cling to the sides giving the impression of more volume, whereas something like mercury doesn't.

ah, meniscus is the word for that -

Would a drop of mercury be .05mg in volume-metrics? Seems the mass would make the drop fall quicker and possibly less than .05mg....
Let me read on some other stuff.
I read a lot on it but cant find a simple answer always some factors in everything it seems.
Thanks

ah, ok, i think i see. yeah, surface tension will affect the volume of a drop. you mean like measuring out of a dropper/pipette, yeh? sometimes those are marked so even if you can't trust the drop size you may still be able to get to certain increments with accuracy

JvtMkuq.jpg

flqtjAT.jpg

This one is red tinged cause my first batch was made in elderberry tincture that was 40% alcohol by volume. Thats where this all first started im my head: With the elderberry added to the bzd solvent would the drops have any inconsistencies than the ones with 40% absolute vodka re volume/drop thing.

Yes all liquids will have different densities and different sized drops on average a ml is 20 but that can vary depending on the solution.

-GC

densities, masses, surface tension
i mean i aint buggin or nothing but i think my dosages are shor by at least .05 or more. Is ok. Nothiny deadly unless mixed. heard they were cuttin fent and bromazolam pitts? idk its everywhere fucker dying. wtf can we do about this nothing?
meh
<3

<3