• S&T Moderators: VerbalTruist | Skorpio | alasdairm

Technology Biophotomodulation Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

90sdance

Bluelighter
Anyone here familiar with biophotomodulation ? ie. how different light frequencies/bandwidths can stimulate the mitochondria and dormant stem cells ? some can stimulate collagen production aswel afaik, and meletonin (altho i may be mistaken on the later). In any case to the extent that they stim the release of dormant stem cells in the bone marrow, serotonin and dopamine increases in the body overall. Now this is usually done with LED light, different colors, and the wavelengths need to be fairly specific - but you can get relatively inexpensive, or even cheap, devices to do this (wristbands and so on). I once had some wristbands that gave me significant energy boosts, but after one was damaged any replacements i purchased lacked the effect, i believe this is because the wavelength had changed slightly. So what would be required is a wavelength modulation device (some cheap frequency generators allow you to do this). Anyway, moving on, it now looks like wearable patches have been developed that use crystals refelecting the bodies own infrared back into your cells to create the same effect (so no need for wristbands and so on). I was wondering what, if any, utility such a technology may have re coping with withdrawal symptoms. I was also wondering if such a technology, altho it is not a chemical compound, could interact negatively with any drugs - as it is said to increase dopamine and serotonin.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited:
This is pseudoscience and does not have a real effect.

There are real effects of light on organisms and cells (ie UV phototherapy to treat tumors), but these require very high intensity light sources and see certainly not infrared.

Status
Not open for further replies.