• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Discussion Cocaine : decriminalization ? legalization? and if so how?

that s for sure. I just think that decriminalization alone is not enough, as long as the drug money goes to the cartels, there are no policies to take care of the addicts etc
YES. De-criminalization is a half-arsed measure that does no good. It STILL leaves the drug market in criminal hands and the drug itself unpredictable in potency and contaminants.

That's to say the most undesirable damaging aspects are left intact. Only legalization will remove the criminal element and ensure safety.

You're involved with a Brazilian drug addict and were willing to move country for her - ?

I'm kinda in the reverse situation. My Brazilian ex-cop lover who hates drug users decided to put up with the Northern European climate for my sake. XD
Naaa, I moved here, for a post doc then I ve met the lady then we ve moved to another Brazilian city where basically every person we ve met so far either uses blow or sells it so we ve started this journey into cocaine addiction together. Anyway you made my day man with this love thru the barricades thing. In my experience If he was PM it can be reasoned with, a bribe and you re free to do all the drugs you want ( true story). Kidding but if he really was PM and managed to survive being gay, more Power to him...

Naaa, I moved here, for a post doc then I ve met the lady then we ve moved to another Brazilian city where basically every person we ve met so far either uses blow or sells it so we ve started this journey into cocaine addiction together. Anyway you made my day man with this love thru the barricades thing. In my experience If he was PM it can be reasoned with, a bribe and you re free to do all the drugs you want ( true story). Kidding but if he really was PM and managed to survive being gay, more Power to him...
PM ?

What does that mean. I only know this as short for Prime Minister.

PS ok I just asked him haha. No he wasn't in the Policia Militar. He was a city cop.

Last edited:
It's interesting - I find that the professional psychotherapy professions (clinical social work, Psychologists, Psychiatrists) can be very open minded/progressive minded in some ways, while also allowing certain stigmatized ideas/beliefs to go unchecked. If you're the person that often helps other people check for their own biases/stigmas, and you're trained in how to go about doing that, it ultimately falls on the individual practitioner to seek support in ensuring that we are inspecting our own stigmas/biases.
Well one thing is that many people in those professions are duty-bound to receive regular supervision which in theory helps to negate that.

Unsure about psychiatry though - that profession seems to have a god-complex and probably wouldn't be open to supervision (which also tells us something).

Unsure about psychiatry though - that profession seems to have a god-complex and probably wouldn't be open to supervision (which also tells us something).
mate, my wife has been "treated " by these Nobel prizes since she was a teen ( that s "good parenting" according to my mother in law: is your teen daughter going thru normal teenager shit + is she sad because of her parents divorce? Send her to a psychiatrist!) and the fact that she s actually quite sane (setting aside the odd cocaine addiction of the last few months) shows how strong she is (even if being treated like a nutcase since she was 14 is not exactly good for self esteem). When e started datig she was 20 ( she s 29 now) and if she was nervous and had some problem sleeping during exam period, they gave her,,,quietapine! then , surprise surprise, she was sleeping 18 hours per day, what to do? Let s give her Ritalin! While what she really needed was someone to talk to,love, support, you know the kind of stuff humans need . She got rid of them pills,she was doing fine but then the pandemic + we ve moved tp a citywhere the 99% pof people we know either ise blow or sell blow...she s snorting a lil bit to much. I m concerned but I m sure that the solution is....start working again and be financially indeoendent rom that witch of her nother,making new friends rater than hanging with my mates and more generally get her confidence back, rather than being again a guinea pig of some psychiatrist. Sorry for the rant but if I don t say to the world how cool my wife is and how much I despise her mother I have trouble sleeping. So thanks for reading and nighty night!

A workable solution has already been demonstrated in Peru — just legalize the leaf. Extracting cocaine is not hard, but requiring that extra step slows people down.

A workable solution has already been demonstrated in Peru — just legalize the leaf. Extracting cocaine is not hard, but requiring that extra step slows people down
Legalizing the leaf is the minimum, as in Bolivia and Perú people use the thing not to get high but to get by , to cope with the altitude etc. Still, the effect of the leaf are too weak even for an amateur coke head and the 93% of cocaine available in the market ( and the 100% of blow available here in Brazil) is produced in Perú, I guess that there cocaine is as socially acceptable as in Colombia, the only plavce where I ve seen people doing coke not in the loo but qhile queing to go to the loo. Perú´Bolivia and Colombia should realy legalize the production of cocaine, they ll be among the wealthiest countriest in the world and they could assure a great quality of life to all their citizens, but as long as the "rich and powerful " there make lots of money from the US and the cartels, why should they?