• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Gabapentin & xanax for opioid withdrawal

be careful af w that xanax. dont take it more than a few days. have been through heavy/high dose ope wd and benzo wd. would do the ope wd 1000x over another serious benzo wd.
I couldn’t agree more with this one

Okay so let’s try this again. i’ve had about a .5g every 1-2 days of opioids/fent habit for about a year now. I tried going off of it last year and almost had it down but relapsed in a time of stress. i’ve been researching ways to have a less intense withdrawal and have seen a lot of people on here talk about using gabapentin or pregabalin for withdrawals and how it seems to help make it a little more bearable. so after a year of looking i’ve finally found a supply of gab (about 45 600mg pills) and have access to a script of 1mg xanax pills. im thinking of using the two to get through this withdrawal and be done with sh!t. I just don’t have an idea of how much gab to take or if I should stagger the gab and xans. can someone help me figure this out??
The gabapentin, clonidine and Ativan/ and or Valium really made it easy to stop. Granted morphine is not nearly as strong as fent. I was already on benzos for years, so addiction was not a concern. As noted by others on this thread, use Xanax in moderation and use the gabapentin sparingly. You don't want to trade 1 addiction for 2. Good luck.