• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random Realizing your friends/relatives are jerks

Hahaha.
I grew up with my dad in Bogota, so getting robbed and assaulted is not just something out of movies for me. We had a dog, a German Shepard something-terrier mix. Not even friends could stick their hand through the fence to ring the bell. So visitors were on appointment only. When my to-be stepmom moved in, she had to wear boots around the house when my dad wasn't home, or go out to the yard. The dog was the same kind of protective with the car. And me :).
Yeah, they are great but I am afraid to get a dog, it's no so much the money, it is the responsibility and take care of him and as much as a rescue dog sounds nice, there are never any pure breed German Shepard or Doberman puppies at the pound( There use to be a channel on cable where I live that showed dogs at the pound up for adoption. They were usually a sorry lot, and many of the larger ones were too old) I would hate have a dog, and have die in few years.
Besides, I would want a good dog, a puppy and raise it, and a tough breed, but I would take it obedience classes, and try to socialize it, oh who am kidding I want a gaurd dog who only loves/fears me and hates every other living creature, but me and will defend my home from intruders and Jehovah's Witnesses.

Yeah, they are great but I am afraid to get a dog, it's no so much the money, it is the responsibility and take care of him and as much as a rescue dog sounds nice, there are never any pure breed German Shepard or Doberman puppies at the pound( There use to be a channel on cable where I live that showed dogs at the pound up for adoption. They were usually a sorry lot, and many of the larger ones were too old) I would hate have a dog, and have die in few years.
Besides, I would want a good dog, a puppy and raise it, and a tough breed, but I would take it obedience classes, and try to socialize it, oh who am kidding I want a gaurd dog who only loves/fears me and hates every other living creature, but me and will defend my home from intruders and Jehovah's Witnesses.
Malinois (Belgian Shepherd). They're the breed of choice for law enforcement.

Malinois (Belgian Shepherd). They're the breed of choice for law enforcement.
You are not American, I take it. Here they use primarily German Shepards; if you are from somewhere in Europe, my guess is the UK. If so what is with those annoying European police sirens?
But here they use primarily German Shepard's. And sometimes beagles to find illegally brought in fruits and vegetables. ( I am being serious, I saw this on a docu- show on Airport cops. I am not sure why, but they don't want you too bring in produce from other countries for some reason, seriously)

Anyway, regarding friends and family, yeah I mean people tend to do their own thing. And probably care less than you think. Depending on your perspective, those can be good things or bad things.
I'm not a very social person, but on the occasions I called someone a friend, I was fully behind the idealistic meaning of that word. But maybe that's just me and my Asperger's naiveté, and it just took me too long to learn that most people are just hipocrites who feel good calling you their friend because it gives them the feeling of them having a friend in you, too (and nowadays most people's self worth is determined by how many friends they have, right)? The friend I got disappointed by is not of that kind, though. But a hypocrite, surely.
You always start off the conversation with "how can I help you". Even if you're scared. Even if you're angry. Because the answer to that question will give you a better idea of what the situation is
I start off by saying "Who are you and what do you want" before answering any questions, not even if I am who they think I am.
The sound of the hammer being, cocked back usually scares away the Jehovah's Witnesses.
You really have it in for Jehovah's Witnesses, ha! The sound of a hammer smashing my door scared me. It kind of of still does (the PTSD I'm trying to avoid)
I want a gaurd dog who only loves/fears me and hates every other living creature, but me and will defend my home from intruders and Jehovah's Witnesses.
A little self-centered but that's a nice image. My dogs love almost anyone (though me the most).
Malinois (Belgian Shepherd) are in Canada a big thing, I think.

@lecroute - I like to imagine we are at a tipping point in society, where soon people will start holding themselves accountable to the things they say and do (god forbid). I mean it can't get worse than this can it?