Staff Feedback Recruitment

tentram

Ex-Bluelighter
hey

just a few queries.

so i notice there's a new (recruitment) prefix for when forums are advertising for moderators. is every forum meant to be following this protocol, as i've noticed a few have neglected to recently.

also new moderators are normally introduced in a welcoming thread - with a different welcome prefix again i think, though i may be mistaken for another forum i frequent - in every forum and again i've noticed once the moderator is selected and assigned their forum privileges some are privvy to a welcoming thread while others aren't.

for the most part a Sr Mod is usually responsible for the "welcome thread", alternatively a mod of the forum if the Sr Mod is tied up or beaten to the punch line.

so what's happening with the inconsistencies? just simply over-looking it or are the chosen ones refusing such threads? if i were a new mod and wasn't privvy to a congrats/welcome thread i'd be a little disappointed to be perfectly honest as i was privvy to one in each of the forums i once moderated along with the senior positions of Sr Mod and Admin.

just curious is all :)

so i notice there's a new (recruitment) prefix for when forums are advertising for moderators. is every forum meant to be following this protocol, as i've noticed a few have neglected to recently.

Hi there,

It's for recruitment threads only and yes, it should be on all recruitment threads as it forces the "Moderator Positions Available" option (under Quick Links) to find all such openings.

It's not meant to be used for new mods welcome thread.

Any chance of a few examples?

Thanks for raising this.

they were from sub-forums i don't usually visit often to which i think the process is complete now. for some reason f&t or HL ring a bell. i will look shortly and see if i can point you to some examples.

Oh, OK. I should also say that when we rolled this out, we kinda did it 'organically'.

Which is a mealy-mouthed way of saying that we did it without giving any formal instruction to anyone. :D

We just sorta set a precedent and (mostly) people followed it. If you do cite a few examples, I'll pick it up with the rest of staff. Probably just needs a reminder.

ah, well, there ya go! that's most likely what's been the cause - administration slacking and not relaying the changes to the staff;)

and admittedly i've "had a few beers" so am less likely to chase this up right now/tonight;)

thanks for the explanation, it was killin' my buzz man! doing my damn head in considering how important of a matter it is and all:D

That 'recruitment' prefix is a great idea. Saves smods & admins from having to remember to update the recruitment thread in Announcements!