European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Misc Rehab centres in Ireland?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
I live in Dublin and my family wants me to go to a rehab centre for four weeks. I have untreated ADHD so would preferably like to go somewhere that recognises a dual diagnosis. I was thinking of the Rutland Centre, Smarmore Castle, or St. John of Gods in Blackrock.

My suggestion is that your adhd is not hugely relevant to an initial four weeks of rehab and that you would be better off choosing somewhere based on other factors.

Do you already have an ADHD diagnosis, but no treatment yet?

Has treatment been declined due to whatever you need rehab for? (I've been looking into ADHD a lot as I strongly suspect that I have it too, and it seems that accessing ADHD treatment while still using anything else will be a big no no for safety reasons - potentially dangerous interactions plus unfortunately you'd been seen as high risk for abusing ADHD medications)

A number of ADHD people I've asked about this on other message boards, all said that they reported their drug or alcohol use as being in the past in order to access ADHD medications.

I've never been in a rehab, but have used 'services' and I would guess that TCITH's suggestion is correct.

If / when you get your using under control then hopefully you'll be able to look at accessing proper ADHD treatments further down the line.

Untreated ADHD is a common risk factor for substance use, as I'm sure you know. But the danger is that substance use can prevent access to those meds that would help stop any problem using.