• S&T Moderators: VerbalTruist | Skorpio | alasdairm

Science Scientific theories that you love

Murphy's law intrigues me :eek: then idk if Serendipity is considered scientific but it amuses me when u looking for silver and FIND GOLD instead without asking for it 🥰🥰 the uncertainty of life and it's surprises when u least expect it make me wanna carry on with lyf.
P S law of attraction 👌 vibrsting in the right frequency and manifest ur thoughts :)
@serendipidity: yes and no. Chaos Theory is somewhere up there, but not quite.

law of attraction in that sense has no scientific grounding, per se, unless you wanna count gravity ;)
there's been the idea of morphogenetic fields, but not taken seriously for a long time
one might allow for the possibility to think "if my brain creates its own electromagnetic field(which it does), does that mean it also exchanges information with the EMFs sent out by other brains?"
but it's hard to measure

edit: fused post

Oh I didn't think about old theories that got disproven
I love the milk transfusion one, where some crazy canadian doctors theorized that the fat cells in milk would become white blood cells,
and actually injected someone with milk to see if it works. It did not.

I mean what the fuck even? I can understand trying it with pig's blood and all that nonsense, before blood types were discovered,
but milk? it's so hilariously grotesque, I love it

oh and Himmler's theory of how prisoners who froze to death/or at least unconsciousness can be fucked back to life. yeah, fucked, intercoursed,
because of some shit of "animal warmth", it's quite fucked up.
just google "Rascher & Himmler freezing" if you need the whole story.

Last edited:
And I am serious. One of my Fav's ! <3<3<3<3<3

he kind of leaves out the big part that it would entirely depend on the speed of this happening
if it's slow, all is well, a little space radiation for a moment, if not, well.. who knows,
but it's highly suggested that it will be very slow, because.. well the design would be rather stupid
given how absolutely perfect the universe functions, I just don't see that design happening, especially if you factor in intrinsic charge, it would be mayhem

also the twirling thing with water doesn't work like that..
he watched too much Simpsons. No, the water in a sink or toilet doesn't even necessarily flow in the same direction each time in the same sink.
if this worked it would also mean that every glass of water would twirl all the time :ROFLMAO:
earth spins much too slow to influence water on such a friggin tiny scale.

now if you look at hurricanes, there you totally get the twirling thing,
because they're huge, so the coriolis effect applies

STRING THEORY!!!

Also the double-slit experiment. That one was fucken awesome 🤩

STRING THEORY!!!

Also the double-slit experiment. That one was fucken awesome 🤩
I don't understand what people like about string theory, maybe it's just the TV show or something.
it's practically pseudo-science. there is no way to test it, no way to get any empirical data to point towards it.

aside that there's not even a proper definition for this theory