• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Two separate questions on nicotine

anyone noticed bizarre/nonsensical but interesting and vivid dreams when using nicotine products other than smoking? I only smoke very occasionally, but if I do have a cigarette right before bed, it will disrupt my sleep for awhile, but nothing else. however, when I use nicotine pouches regularly, I noticed very strange dreams, usually consisting of a mixture of past life events or present experiences mixed with unusual twists. for example, I typically dream about things going on in my waking life like work, study or family. when using nicotine, my dreams would start normal but suddenly become emotionally charged and then unexpected things would happen. Throughout the dream, the main emotion I feel is something I can hardly describe. The best I can see is that it feels like a mixture of spirituality, suspense, eeriness and positive anticipation. try to imagine you’re alone at home relaxing at night, contemplating life, but also having something exciting to look forward to the next day. that’s the best I can do to describe the underlying emotion running through these dreams. In terms of the strange events that happen, it is usually seeing unexpected people or being in a certain place at unusual times which occurs in the dreams.
For example, in one of these nicotine induced dreams, I was alone in my apartment and expected to stay there with my father overnight, something typical in my waking life if it had gotten too late for me to go and visit my parents. But instead of just my father arriving, lots of people turned up including colleagues from work, a few random builders, a counsellor as well as a few workers and managers from my brothers warehouse job a few random teachers later casually came through the door as well. in the stream, everyone including myself was really hyped up and in a great mood cracking jokes and laughing.