• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth very sore kidneys days after meth

billyj

Bluelighter
Hi, I took about 0.5g meth over a 5 day period ending about four days ago. On the last day and ever since, my kidneys have been extremely sore, to the point that it is hard to walk. No other symptoms - regular clear urine etc. Any ideas?

meth can contain very toxic byproducts and contaminants

be careful if you have kidney problems, and try to get the best meth you can

it's ok if you get a smaller bag if the quality is better

you also might be severely dehydrated and malnourished without feeling the effects all the way, meth can dull your desire for food and water long after the high is gone

Hey @billyj as long as you are aware that we are not doctors and that this advice is best received from a doctor, then I'm fine with giving my two cents.

You're positive it is your kidneys? The pain is binary, on either side of your spine? Is it painful when you urinate? What does your urine look like/smell like, is it normal, dark, light? Are you hydrating?

If you could answer some of these questions, that would be helpful. For now, make sure you are hydrating aggressively. This does not mean making yourself sick with fluids, it just means drinking more than you usually would.

If you have not been eating food, which I assume is the case here, you need to be aware that plain water is not adequate for rehydration. You need to be taking in electrolytes along with the water. If a person were eating normally, then water would be fine. If not, then you need to get these electrolytes into your body somehow. The easiest way is to make your own rehydration fluid.

1. One litre of safe water.
  2. Half a small spoon of salt (3.5 gms).
  3. Four big spoons (or eight small spoons) of sugar (40 gms).
  4. Stir the salt and the sugar until they dissolve in the water.
This is essentially what gatorade is, a sweetened drink with a little sodium included. For now, focus on that and trying to eat some food.

Get back to us about your condition and whether it's improving. Either way, I would say the best bet is to get checked out.

Hey @billyj as long as you are aware that we are not doctors and that this advice is best received from a doctor, then I'm fine with giving my two cents.

You're positive it is your kidneys? The pain is binary, on either side of your spine? Is it painful when you urinate? What does your urine look like/smell like, is it normal, dark, light? Are you hydrating?

If you could answer some of these questions, that would be helpful. For now, make sure you are hydrating aggressively. This does not mean making yourself sick with fluids, it just means drinking more than you usually would.

If you have not been eating food, which I assume is the case here, you need to be aware that plain water is not adequate for rehydration. You need to be taking in electrolytes along with the water. If a person were eating normally, then water would be fine. If not, then you need to get these electrolytes into your body somehow. The easiest way is to make your own rehydration fluid.

1. One litre of safe water.
  2. Half a small spoon of salt (3.5 gms).
  3. Four big spoons (or eight small spoons) of sugar (40 gms).
  4. Stir the salt and the sugar until they dissolve in the water.
This is essentially what gatorade is, a sweetened drink with a little sodium included. For now, focus on that and trying to eat some food.

Get back to us about your condition and whether it's improving. Either way, I would say the best bet is to get checked out.
Pain was binary but has now settled into the left hand side. It is definitely not back pain or muscular pain. Urinating regular, clear, odorless, drinking my usual 2L water a day, hitting the magnesium, potassium, salts and sugars hard - was doing that during the whole trip.

I understand nobody can offer official medical advice but I live in South East Asia so it's not easy to go to a doctor here and explain the circumstances. I have a sense that it is reaching a plateau, as I said there is currently no more pain in the right hand side. But the pain has been there for a full five days and I've never had that before. I'm curious why.

Pain was binary but has now settled into the left hand side. It is definitely not back pain or muscular pain. Urinating regular, clear, odorless, drinking my usual 2L water a day, hitting the magnesium, potassium, salts and sugars hard - was doing that during the whole trip.

I understand nobody can offer official medical advice but I live in South East Asia so it's not easy to go to a doctor here and explain the circumstances. I have a sense that it is reaching a plateau, as I said there is currently no more pain in the right hand side. But the pain has been there for a full five days and I've never had that before. I'm curious why.
your kidneys cleanse the bullshit from your body and help you piss out bad stuff to put it really bluntly

so kidney pain could be from not enough water to flush toxic crap, or from being over worked, or your body simply finds amphetamine makes it hurt when it tries to process it

what one person can use as a recreational drug is sometimes simply poisonous to others!

always always ALWAYS listen to your body man!

if you're hurting after using ANY drug give it a rest and maybe avoid it in the future, life is a gift and meth is not worth hurting yourself for experience of.

Update for who needs it: my kidneys are much better, just a very light ache in the left kidney. I think it's time to decide that street meth from South East Asia is just not good for me (I am over it as a drug experience in general, too).