• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering need help and advice right away, (opiates)

DaveNeedsToTaper

Bluelighter
heyguys, I really want to get clean asap. ive been prescribed oxy for about 19 months now. and honestly ive started tking way more than prescribed and iget stuck in this cycle of running out buying more running out buying more over and over. its ruining everything for me.

after reasearching a lot . I have come to the conclusion tapering is the absolute best thing in order to successfully quit. IS there any doctors or clinics that will if you are honest taper you off of oxycodone properly with supervision and drug tests ecct? its honestly the only thing I think will work. I do not want suboxone or methadone after reading how hard it is to get off of in comparison to oxy.

I'm prescribed 40 and I'm taking from 100-150........ idk what to do guys. I really need help. bad. ivew called a few placed today and they don't really have answers other than methadone and suboxone. is there no place that will taper me down???

KRATOM. Im kicking a Heroin addiction (just quit a few days ago). Im not tapering at all. The first few days were hell...I wasnt taking anything. But i started taking kratom. It has pretty much taken all withdrawal symptoms away (for the most part). The main thing for me...It has taken the cravings away. Which is HUGE for me. If i can get off heroin with kratom, you can get off the oxys too, with it. Im a HUGE opiate addict and its helped me a lot (in the past too). If you need a good online source thats cheap and has high quality kratom, PM me.

Good luck with your endeavor, i wish you the best.

heyguys, I really want to get clean asap. ive been prescribed oxy for about 19 months now. and honestly ive started tking way more than prescribed and iget stuck in this cycle of running out buying more running out buying more over and over. its ruining everything for me.

after reasearching a lot . I have come to the conclusion tapering is the absolute best thing in order to successfully quit. IS there any doctors or clinics that will if you are honest taper you off of oxycodone properly with supervision and drug tests ecct? its honestly the only thing I think will work. I do not want suboxone or methadone after reading how hard it is to get off of in comparison to oxy.

I'm prescribed 40 and I'm taking from 100-150........ idk what to do guys. I really need help. bad. ivew called a few placed today and they don't really have answers other than methadone and suboxone. is there no place that will taper me down???

Most doctors should be okay with supervising this. Perhaps seek out a pain management type clinic, as they would be more suitable than the average GP. Likewise, certain (I can think of only one off the top of my head) drug and alcohol type counselors might be willing to help supervise this.

Where are you getting your pain meds from? I take it you no longer feel you need opioid analgesics?

I have heard from a lot of people taking opioid medication for pain (at higher doses and for longer periods of time than you, to boot) who find that it isn't hard for them to taper and transition off of them. It's you've only been using it for pain as prescribed tapering and getting off should be easier than, say, someone trying to stop getting stoned with a nasty heroin habit.

Of course, if you have a history of substance use disorder, especially opioid use disorder, the more supervision/support you can find that you feel helps you in this, the better.

I'd also keep in mind there are other medications (outside buprenorphine and methadone, outside opioids entirely actually) that are safe and very useful to help transitioning off opioids. Likewise, there are lots of other medicines out there for pain.

AND there are lots of practices you can start getting into like yoga/meditation/qigong/acupuncture/massage/etc that are really helpful for getting off opioids AND managing pain.

The more support you can find yourself the better. Drug tests and that kind of accountability can be helpful, but imo it's the least significant of everything else I've mentioned here. Don't cut yourself short by only exploring that option.

Instead, I highly recommend trying to make an effort to explore all the options available to you. Because the more different things you try, the more likely you'll the right combo for your to maximize your chances of success and finding long lasting recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would honestly feel so much more comfortable with a tapering from a doctor. as stated ive been prescribed oxy for around 19-20 months. and my tolerance is so high that I need at least 80-90 mg a day to not withdrawal. I'm hoping (Canada) there is a place I can find that will taper me down. I'm almost out of my prescription and I only got it two days ago. this is terrible and I need help really bad. I'm sick of living like this I'm only 22 and my life is being destroyed. I wish there was a doctor that will help with this. I'm worried if I'm honest with my doctor she wont help at all and will just take me off of opiates in order to safe her lisence. do you kno if doctors really will do a taper? I'm only prescribed 40 and I need a lot more than that to be okay.

Yes, there are doctors and programs out there that can help you with this. Unfortunately I can't make specific recommendation for you (given the nature of BL/SL/anonymous online discussion forums I mean), but I can guarantee you they are out there.

It's up to you to find the professional support you feel you'd most benefit from. It's also up to you to ask people for help when/if you need it. Educating yourself about what options are available to you (research, research, research! ;)) is very worth the effort. Hopefully you will be able to avoid the rabbit hole I had to go down to find my way out of the whole opioid thing.

Trust your gut. Use your head. There are no stupid questions. Someone much more experienced in life once told me: love it to death.

You've been on quite a roller coaster of feeling good and then feeling sick. That has to be so tough to deal with.

If it were me in your shoes, I would first try to get clean on my own by running out/stopping and get through the withdrawals. Speaking from my own experience, going through a painful withdrawal has a way of burning the memories of it into your head for the long term - and that helps a lot towards choosing to stay clean.

If you can't do that, (and this next part is just my opinion): if you trust your doctor, just come clean to her and ask (beg if needed) for addiction help. That could leave an opiate warning in your medical record, but it may be the only way to get through this without going cold turkey.

I don't know enough about Subs to advise you on that - sorry.

I do want you to believe in yourself and your ability to change for the better. I believe that there is a good loving person in you. You're future holds so much promise for great things. Try your hardest not to let drugs block you from reaching the stars.

"Sometimes you don't recognize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness"
Dale

thank you guys for your advice/ opinions. my doctor currently states she cannot prescribe me anymore than 40mg a day, due to a legal limit (which ive looked up and this shes full of it). so I'm worried if I come clean to her, she will not give me any more.

I once flushed my perscritpion in desperation to quit. my wrist was in immense pain while going through withdrawal. I lsted not even 3 days and had to meet the doctor asap. and she told me she couldn't prescribe me anymore and just gave me a few day prescription of some type of benzo for anxiety. so I'm thinking she wouldn't prescribe me more in order to taperrm e down if I'm honest.

I did just talk to my step mom about kratom and explained it has helped in the past but I'm so sick of this addiction habbit and dependence. I still need to get one more surgery but that's another story. after explaining everything to her over faebook (shes staying at theboat this weekend) and she first said she will 100% look into it and to not worry we will figure this all out asap.

I sent her a few videos on it, and peoples experience on it ect. and I asked :If you thik this is a good option, could we please go get some tomorrow? I'm so sick of this and I just want this to end as soon as possible"

and she said "yes we can try tomorrow!" but I wasn't sure if she ment we will go get kratom tomorrow and try it out, or she will try to look into it tomorrow. I have found a shop and 4 oz is decently cheaper . I once paid an extra 20 dollars canaidian for it for 2 day arrival (I know prices aren't aloud for drugs but what about legal things?) but anyays they sell 1oz and 4 oz bags. when I called they said they only have green and white right now. but mange da is green, correct?

thank you guys for your support. I legit only have 20!!mg left ... ugh I'm so worried. if I don't get kratom tomorrow idk what I'm going to do and I'm hoping I can just striahgt take a lot of kratom till next Wednesday (not this one coming up) and then when I get my prescription give it to my dad. and take kratom in the AM ... take my meds throughout the day, and kratom at bed. and slowly taper down so I can just be on 40 mg a day, and taper down once I have my final surgery.

if I take just kratom for a week and a bit.... is it possibvle to not withdrawal at all aside form an hour inbetween doses? I have sued it before but It said red bali,, but I looked it up and red bali isn't supposed to be so green . so idk what strain it was.

I'm thinking 2 teaspoons will be enough to get rid of all of my withdrawal and maybe give me slight euphoria?

welcome Dave

If it were me I'd rip the bandaid off Dave. It's what I did.

I quit my prescribed opiate medication cold turkey 13 days ago, I am a chronic pain patient and have had cervical fusions. What surgery have you had? You mention you need another surgery... what is it for?

For me the physical wd's lasted 4 days, so if you can tough it out you can get through the worst of the physical part of wd's pretty quickly.

The depression and insomnia from the quit may take you a little longer to get through, those were the hardest for me. But what helped me the most was coming on here and getting support from others.

But if you can't or don't want to that's fine too, I have heard that Kratom helps with the wd's for sure.

Most importantly I see you want to stop and that's HUGE!!! You can do this Dave and we'll be here for you.

Here for you anytime,
your friend,
Ashley.