• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Quitting all opiates.

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Hello everyone, i have decided to get off all opiate type medicines/drugs (except kratom, which is helping me withdrawal). I have been on pain meds for several years because of a back problem. Over the years i kept upping my dosage, just to feel the desired effects and recently switched to Heroin. I had some EXTREMELY POTENT #4 heroin and almost overdosed... At this point i realized i needed to quit. That night, i took all my H and flushed it down the toilet. My last dose of H was 3 days ago, the first day wasnt so bad, but today has been pure hell. I decided to try kratom to ease the withdrawals and it has, which i was surprised. i took 3.5g's about 3 hours ago and it feels like im almost back to normal. Thankfully im off for 4 days, so i can get the "main" withdrawal period over with (hopefully).

I can deal with the physical symptoms...As much as they suck. But mental ones.. Are torture. (before i took the kratom), i would of did ANYTHING to get opiates. The cravings were so intense, I literally flew into a rage. But the Kratom helped me IMMENSELY. Im calm and collected and have no cravings at all. Which is wonderful.

Nice warm showers/baths have helped too, im about to take another one to ease the soreness.

Will update later!

Do you plan to use kratom as maintenance or just for the detox?

(no judgement btw, neither is necessarily the right or wrong option; whatever works for you works for you; I'm just curious :))

I probably going to use it for maintenance. I have some Red Borneo, which feels amazing. The only time i use, is at night, when im relaxing (the majority of the time). Which is nice for the cravings...It gets my mind off things before bed time. I eventually want to get off everything, but im going to try to take it step by step. :)

Step by step is all anyone can reasonably ask for ;)

Stick with what you're using then. I thought the Red Borneos I tried were a little too weak/heavy on side effects at higher doses, but if it's working for you why try something else?

If your tolerance increases down the road or you want to try finding something a little more potent to help you save money, lemme know and we can make some suggestions.

Hopefully you can order it from a reputable online vendor. It's crazy how much more expensive it is in smoke shops and such. But I guess that is to be expected (I did find one almost reasonable place, but it was still at 50%+ more expensive than good online vendors).

If you're thinking about going for maintenance, I HIGHLY advise you to keep a Dosing Journal to record:
  1. How much each dose you take
  2. Date you take the dose
  3. Time of day you take the dose
If you do maintenance your tolerance will increase, and you will probably feel a desire to dose more frequently as it does. I noticed this changing pretty remarkably around the one month point of daily use, stabling around the two month mark.

Recording the data for each dose you take will be really helpful with using kratom effectively as part of a maintenance type regime.

At the very least, please let us know how things go/develop <3

Hello and welcome Chris, me waving!!

As a chronic pain patient I have also been prescribed opiates as part of my long term opiate therapy for the last few years. I have Degenerative disc disease and cervical fusions as well as other herniated discs. So I really relate to your back pain issues.

Having said all that, I have recently decided to quit as it was way too much hassle for me jumping through all the hoops to stay on my medication. I myself am on day 13 of my Cold turkey quit, just like you all my physical sx are gone, but I still have some depression, although it's lifting.

Man do I get where you're coming from, I too would endure countless days of physical sx just to get rid of the emotional/psychological ones. And don't even get me started on the insomnia!!!!

Keep up the good work on your quit Chris, be kind to yourself, you're going through a lot, but it will be worth it!!!

Hugs,
here for you anytime,
your friend,
Ashley.

Hello everyone, i have decided to get off all opiate type medicines/drugs (except kratom, which is helping me withdrawal). I have been on pain meds for several years because of a back problem. Over the years i kept upping my dosage, just to feel the desired effects and recently switched to Heroin. I had some EXTREMELY POTENT #4 heroin and almost overdosed... At this point i realized i needed to quit. That night, i took all my H and flushed it down the toilet. My last dose of H was 3 days ago, the first day wasnt so bad, but today has been pure hell. I decided to try kratom to ease the withdrawals and it has, which i was surprised. i took 3.5g's about 3 hours ago and it feels like im almost back to normal. Thankfully im off for 4 days, so i can get the "main" withdrawal period over with (hopefully).

I can deal with the physical symptoms...As much as they suck. But mental ones.. Are torture. (before i took the kratom), i would of did ANYTHING to get opiates. The cravings were so intense, I literally flew into a rage. But the Kratom helped me IMMENSELY. Im calm and collected and have no cravings at all. Which is wonderful.

Nice warm showers/baths have helped too, im about to take another one to ease the soreness.

Will update later!

Thanks for the replies! I was doing soooo good... I was totally done with my withdrawals.. I had no intention of using again.. But something happened at work. We responded to a 2 vehicle accident. It was horrible... 3 dead children and 2 dead adults. It was one of the worst accidents i have responded to. I couldnt sleep... all i could think about were those people.. I ended up relapsing so i could get them out of my head.. I feel like complete crap now.. I let myself down and i HATE failing. Im back at day 1. Hopefully things go better in the future. :/

Hey Chris,

Don't beat yourself up okay? Slip ups or falters or relapses or whatever you want to call it are all part of the recovery journey. Honestly.

Moving onward and upward right? Tomorrow is a new day and we will all be here for you,

Hugs,
your friend,
Ash. You can pm me if you need to.

Thanks for the replies! I was doing soooo good... I was totally done with my withdrawals.. I had no intention of using again.. But something happened at work. We responded to a 2 vehicle accident. It was horrible... 3 dead children and 2 dead adults. It was one of the worst accidents i have responded to. I couldnt sleep... all i could think about were those people.. I ended up relapsing so i could get them out of my head.. I feel like complete crap now.. I let myself down and i HATE failing. Im back at day 1. Hopefully things go better in the future. :/

Do you have anyone you can talk to about this kind of thing Chris? There isn’t anything secondary about secondary trauma.

Either like a therapist, supervisor you’re chill with, coworkers or buddies, hell even a chaplain or someone? Stuff like this tends to require processing, and having someone with a clue what’s up would be a huge asset.

Try not to beat yourself up about using. It happens, doesn’t sound like you used just for shits and giggles. Clearly your heads in the right place. As Ash said, only way out is onwards and upwards :)

Do you have anyone you can talk to about this kind of thing Chris? There isn’t anything secondary about secondary trauma.

Either like a therapist, supervisor you’re chill with, coworkers or buddies, hell even a chaplain or someone? Stuff like this tends to require processing, and having someone with a clue what’s up would be a huge asset.

Try not to beat yourself up about using. It happens, doesn’t sound like you used just for shits and giggles. Clearly your heads in the right place. As Ash said, only way out is onwards and upwards :)

A sponsor from a 12 step program, one who actually understands our situation on an intellectual level as we do on BL is ideal for this type of situation. But really most people who don't use BL to the extent we do do not fully understand... So this is a great website for that.

Ah... Neuropharmacology was the wrong major for me 14 years ago. But it led me to find Bluelight at least.

Anyway Chris, (my name as well... I just don't post so much.. I watch from the background and read more since 2006 on here)... Slip ups happen. My road was opiates as well... Everything really fucking heavy, but mainly opiates and heroin since 2004. I've been off of opiates except one use of T4 last winter, and heroin two years, and the needle three ... Its rough at first especially with polysubstance dependency (I have only been clean for almost 90 days off of benzos now and everything else except 3 nights of drinking and one night of propylhexadrine in the last two weeks due to a rough breakup that got worked out). Once you can get away from physical withdrawal I would like to say it is much better but the PAWS comes hard around this time... You just have to do the best you can do... In the present moment.

It took prison to get me off opiates. It doesn't have to be that way though. I recently also detoxed off of 20mg clonazepam 3 months ago in a homeless shelter... I got off of the heavy shit (benzos and amphetamines this time) since and got on my feet with a shit job and began going to meetings and got a sponsor. I was so against it and am still having problems conforming so to speak... My girl is a huge reason I have stayed sober which some look at as Codependency and it may be...

Well...

Keep your head up and message me if you need to talk because I rarely post. I saw this thread on a search of some supplements that I use and felt a need to post a reply. When I do I tend to go all out. I will try to keep my eyes on this thread however.

Positive support is what you really need right now man...

Yeah I do tend to rant as you can tell.