• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

About to flush em

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Guys I'm telling you. I'm so tired of gabapentin. I'm tired of it ruling my life. I'm preparing for the worst.

Depression anxiety nightmares cold sweats and hot flashes. I'm just tired of waking up everyday to the looming over my head.

Can anyone give me a word of encouragement?

DON'T FLUSH! Ween off of them! Create a taper schedule! Trust me, you will thank me later!

I don't know guys. It's just eating at me. I want this drug out of my life.

Hey sonic,

Do you what you need to do, whatever's good for you. Tapering is good if you can do it, but if you can't, we're all here for you.

Whichever way you quit you have our support..and maybe you should ask your Dr the best way to do it?

Just wanted you to know you're not alone and if you need anything I'm here.

your friend,
Ash.

Guys I'm telling you. I'm so tired of gabapentin. I'm tired of it ruling my life. I'm preparing for the worst.

Depression anxiety nightmares cold sweats and hot flashes. I'm just tired of waking up everyday to the looming over my head.

Can anyone give me a word of encouragement?

Last edited:
I agree with Ashley, and I'm sorry for making it sound like tapering was the only way. Whatever works best for you.

I just didn't want you to flush them and then regret it. I've had times when I've thrown out my drugs when I've reached a moment of frustration with them only to regret it deeeeeeply.

Whatever you choose, good luck to you. You can do this...I promise!

The withdrawal won't be that bad either way. Your going to feel super anxious and have insomnia but it's not opiate or benzo withdrawal bad.

Edit. I stand corrected you need to taper just like benzos

Last edited:
I just wanted to jump on here and not let the day pass before I tell you that you're a great person ladyhlove.

I just read through your quit journal, I have a lot of time on my hands with my own quit...lol

I love your honesty, you have a good heart, you write very well and you're very interesting. Keep up the good fight. Just wanted you to know you're doing a great job and I KNOW it's hard but you're doing it!!!

your friend, here for you anytime,
Ash.

I agree with Ashley, and I'm sorry for making it sound like tapering was the only way. Whatever works best for you.

I just didn't want you to flush them and then regret it. I've had times when I've thrown out my drugs when I've reached a moment of frustration with them only to regret it deeeeeeply.

Whatever you choose, good luck to you. You can do this...I promise!

Thanks, Ashley!

I've been reading yours as well and, well, wanted to say pretty much the same to you :)

Your support for the rest of the posters on the board is wonderful! I'm trying to work on contributing to some other posts as well. I can be a little self-centered sometimes (but aren't all of us addicts?) ;)

stay strong man

it'll suck but it should be OK

let us know how it's going, try to enjoy the simple things like some outdoor air, a hot bath, a good book or TV show, movie etc.

hope you feel better soon

You're not self centered, we're all at a different place that's all. But it's nice we can all relate. You're doing really well though. Just take care of you first and foremost.

I am fortunate that I only have the physical dependency part, the addiction sounds more challenging. I'm a chronic pain patient and I'm prescribed long term opiate therapy.

Having said all that, we have to jump through so many hoops here to get our meds due to an opiate crisis. So I got sick of the hassle and stopped on my own. Who know, maybe I can find another way to manage my chronic pain. Maybe I can't, but I'm going to try.

Hugs ladyhlove,
Ash.

Thanks, Ashley!

I've been reading yours as well and, well, wanted to say pretty much the same to you :)

Your support for the rest of the posters on the board is wonderful! I'm trying to work on contributing to some other posts as well. I can be a little self-centered sometimes (but aren't all of us addicts?) ;)

I hate to say this but please be aware that gabapentin is a drug which really should not be ceased without tapering down carefully. The literature I've seen says that seizures can occur when it's stopped abruptly. OP, if this medicine is prescribed to you, it would be a really good idea to get your doctor's opinion on the matter. Please be safe!

Yes that's always solid advice.

BeachBum4u funny I was just reading through some of your posts, you are so helpful, are you a chronic pain patient in pain management as well?

Hugs,
Ash.
I hate to say this but please be aware that gabapentin is a drug which really should not be ceased without tapering down carefully. The literature I've seen says that seizures can occur when it's stopped abruptly. OP, if this medicine is prescribed to you, it would be a really good idea to get your doctor's opinion on the matter. Please be safe!

Hi sonic,
Just wanted to see how you're doing today? I hope you're doing well.

Your friend,
Ash.

The withdrawal won't be that bad either way. Your going to feel super anxious and have insomnia but it's not opiate or benzo withdrawal bad.

Totally not in my experience bro.

The withdrawal are BAD for many people including myself. Like bad bad. I have had five seizures trying to quit this stuff cold turkey. It is painful for me just to taper. Look up gabapentin withdrawal stories on Bluelight and everywhere else. I have read many people claim the withdrawal is worse than heroin. About the same as benzo withdrawal.

I originally started taking them to quit benzos. Now I am stuck on gabapentin wishing I could have just tapered off of them following the Ashton manual.

DO NOT FLUSH YOUR PILLS

Taper slowly and maybe get some professional help, because for people like me, the withdrawal is disgusting.

This

Seriously man I have had five seizures (three grand mals) trying to cold turkey gabapentin. Doctors prescribe it all the time telling people this drug is not addictive. They are so, so wrong. If I stop taking them cold I immediately get the skin crawling anxiety, cannot sit still, cannot sleep, cannot focus on anything, etc. By day three I experience vertigo until I seize up.

Trust me when I say, don't flush the pills.

Totally not in my experience bro.

The withdrawal are BAD for many people including myself. Like bad bad. I have had five seizures trying to quit this stuff cold turkey. It is painful for me just to taper. Look up gabapentin withdrawal stories on Bluelight and everywhere else. I have read many people claim the withdrawal is worse than heroin. About the same as benzo withdrawal.

I originally started taking them to quit benzos. Now I am stuck on gabapentin wishing I could have just tapered off of them following the Ashton manual.

DO NOT FLUSH YOUR PILLS

Taper slowly and maybe get some professional help, because for people like me, the withdrawal is disgusting.

Damn I stand corrected.

Yes this is the thing I have feared the most.

When I was yanked off three mg of klonopin I was also forced to start weaning gabapentin.

I had suicide thoughts I was completely not able to think for myself.

Now that I?m out of the water with klonopin it?s now time to wean off the gabapentin.

I?m so looking forward to being delivered of this beast.

Hey sonic,

Good to hear you're doing better, that sounds like a solid game plan. You know we're here for support.

Have a fantastic day,
your friend,
Ash.

Yes this is the thing I have feared the most.

When I was yanked off three mg of klonopin I was also forced to start weaning gabapentin.

I had suicide thoughts I was completely not able to think for myself.

Now that I?m out of the water with klonopin it?s now time to wean off the gabapentin.

I?m so looking forward to being delivered of this beast.