• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Going from a quater of a gram to 60 mgs of H

Chubbyninja

Greenlighter
Hi guys.. i have been shooting up at least 4 times a day, using atleast 250 mgs of heroin..
But five days ago i ran out of money and have only been able to get one bag a day.. 60 mgs where i live..
Have not been sleeeping and not feeling good.. but not like full blown wds at all..
Normally i have to take my last fix of the day no earlyer rhan 7 pm or i will wake feeling like shit..
But yesterday i took my last fix at 3 pm and i slept like a baby.. and today i feel pretty much okay.. got the runs.. thats about it..
Am i allready out of the woods? Was that it?
I have been using clonidine and high dose vit c..

Thnx dudes..

After five days you should begin to stabilize on the new lower dose. Out of the woods? If you're using heroin somewhere where heroin is as illegal as it is in the US, probably not out of the woods until you've stabilized years after stopping using heroin. BUT if you are able to keep getting one bag a day at this rate, you may be fine. At least for a while.

I guess it depends what you mean when you write "out of the woods."

Thnx man, i didnt know that.. i live in denmark.. and if you get cougt by the cops with H on you.. they just take it.. thats it..
Unless you have alot, then you will be charged with intention to sell..
Here in dk many H users get it free and legally by the government to shoot up..

In that case, I envy your living situation :)

Yeah, you should be fine.

Only thing to consider is that, once you've become totally acclimated to the new dose of heroin, you will begin to probably develop some tolerance to it. You may feel an urge to use more frequently, to increase the dose, to basically chase the high.

If you can avoid acting on that urge, riding it out doing something other than using heroin/opioids, you shouldn't have a problem remaining stable on the new lower dose.

Just keep in mind those cravings/urges can be pretty nuanced and subtle. Finding ways to train your mind to recognize cravings will be important if you're to avoid issues with tolerance. Learning to act in healthier ways to avoid avoid falling into the trap of unskillful impulse control is absolutely crucial.

Martial arts, sports, yoga, mindfulness, art, music, cooking, reading, writing, singing, acting, prayer - basically whatever floats your boat - are great places to start training your mind and learning skills to manage cravings.

Over time, with enough practice, controlling cravings and urges - impulse control itself - becomes much less effortful. It's pretty cool to realize one day that cravings are no longer something that are a struggle.

Welcome to BL, and good luck! :)

Damn man, you should write a book ?
Now its about 36 hours from my last shot.. and im feeling pretty good ?
Btw, if you get cougt by the cops with a bag or two in the us,, what would happen?
Thnx for rhe great advice ?

Depends where you get caught. Some places (like where I live) now have laws making simple possession a ticket type offense. Other places will throw you in jail on the spot (that happened to me once before the laws changed here).

Fun. The south and much of the southwest is particular bad in the US. Some places like CA and NY are getting a lot more up to date though. Slowly but surely.

Frankly my prediction is that it will continue to get worse before it begins to truly improve. Depressing, but such is life living at the home in the belly of the beast of the war on drugs...

Wow i didnt know that.. over here we only here about the opiate epidemic in the us caused by rx drugs.. you know oxy and stuff like that..
By the way.. i saw on tv that in the us oxycodone is <snippity> on the steet..
Here i can get a pack with 100 20 mgs taps for about <snippity> at the farmacy.. i just have to go to my doc and say im in pain..
Or on the street for <snippity>..
crazy diferences between the us and denmark..

Last edited by a moderator: