Bluelight

Thread: Detox help

1. Collapse Details
    Detox help 
    Hi everyone, I was on vivitrol and stopped going for my shot and long story short have been on a 2 week bender of fent pressed pills about 5-6 a day from the street the ones that look like oxy 30?s. I have a bunch of gabapentien on hand, about 10 Baclofen 10mg, 2 8/2mg sub strips and 10 2/0.5 mg sub strips, a bunch of zofran, and 5 Serquel 200mg. I have this left over from a previous time of getting off these nasty things. I?m tired of being sick and miserable. I have been off it for about 12 hours now. Have a little bit of sweating but not terrible yet. I have been through this a few times but feel like sometimes are easy and others are so miserable. The only thing I?m missing is clondine if I really need it for sweating. My question is 1.) is there anything in my cocktail that will help me not sweat like Clondine did for me?

2.) how would you take everything I have for best results? I need to look normal and function at work and this Weekend.

3.) any tips on how anyone going through what I am got and stayed sober? I know I need To have the mind power but I?m struggling

4.) can anyone explain what the Gaba and baclofen do for withdrawal symptoms? Those are the only ones I don?t really understand?

5.) should I get more Clodine? I have access to it, however it?s just expensive to see the doctor.

Thank you!

2. Collapse Details

Sober Living
    Start loading up on gabapentin 900mg an hour till you get too 3grams At 24 hours take 2mg sub see how it works then decide on taking more. I don't know shit about baclofen. Take Seroquel to sleep. You got a good arsenal should be able to quickly taper the sub and stay loaded on the gabapentin
    Addicted? Want to stop? We can help! Come to the sober living forum!
    http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/269-Sober-Living

3. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Life Advice & Visual Arts
    Other Drugs
    Drugs in the Media
    Quote Originally Posted by Tman136 View Post
    My question is 1.) is there anything in my cocktail that will help me not sweat like Clondine did for me?
    Yes, there seem to be alternatives. But the only ones I know of are also prescription drugs related to clonidine.

NMDA antagonists may help reduce sweating, but it really depends how bad your kick is and the specific one you might try using and what your general health is like (if you're not in good health, outside of detoxing from opioids, NMDA antagonists are probably best to avoid experimenting on yourself with outside the supervision of a professional).

2.) how would you take everything I have for best results? I need to look normal and function at work and this Weekend.
    Looks like it will take you about a week to get over the kick, depending on how large your tolerance for fent pressed pills is (hard to tell, them being bootleg pills and all).

You could combine a low dose of baclofen with gabapentin or you could use just baclofen on one day and gabapentin on the rest.

If you can, try waiting until the second day post opioid cessation to start taking the buprenorphine. How much buprenoprhine you'll need to take, like the gabapentin and baclofen, depend on how big your habit was.

I'd say start low and work your way up as necessary to try and conserve your meds. By the same token, don't worry about running out if you need to take more because you're still feeling horrible. Even if you used up all your buprenorphine by day three, you should have enough meds left (with the gabapentin, zofran and Seroquel) to see you through the rest of the first week of opioid abstinence.

3.) any tips on how anyone going through what I am got and stayed sober? I know I need To have the mind power but I?m struggling
    Find people to support you IRL. And check out the SL Directory. Lots and lots and lots of suggestions on this specific point there. It's almost entirely about this very question.

The short answer is that it will take some effort, willingness and trial and error on your part. The more you try and the gentler you can be with yourself, the easier the process.

4.) can anyone explain what the Gaba and baclofen do for withdrawal symptoms? Those are the only ones I don?t really understand?
    Are you asking what symptoms do they treat or what their mechanisms of action are? The former is easier for me to answer for you than the later. It's also more germane to your thread here.

5.) should I get more Clodine? I have access to it, however it?s just expensive to see the doctor.
    Try and find a free clinic, especially if you live in a major city. There are more than you might think out there. If you live in a small town, you'll probably have less options outside biting the bullet and paying your local robber baron of choice.

4. Collapse Details

Thank you both for the reply! I took 2mg of sub waited a bit then took another 2mg was still feeling so so and upped it to another 4mg for a total of 8mg right now and feel pretty good. took 1200mg of gaba today and the sweating has reduced....maybe from the subs? everything feels good so far (better than a few other times when i detoxed) only thing is i am having some body tremors especially in my hand. anything to stop that or is that a side effect possibly of the gaba?

What are some of the NMDA you talked about? I do not know anything about those.

and I am in good health, in my twenties. very active.

Thank you so much for your time and advice!

Quote Originally Posted by toothpastedog View Post
    Yes, there seem to be alternatives. But the only ones I know of are also prescription drugs related to clonidine.

NMDA antagonists may help reduce sweating, but it really depends how bad your kick is and the specific one you might try using and what your general health is like (if you're not in good health, outside of detoxing from opioids, NMDA antagonists are probably best to avoid experimenting on yourself with outside the supervision of a professional).

Looks like it will take you about a week to get over the kick, depending on how large your tolerance for fent pressed pills is (hard to tell, them being bootleg pills and all).

You could combine a low dose of baclofen with gabapentin or you could use just baclofen on one day and gabapentin on the rest.

If you can, try waiting until the second day post opioid cessation to start taking the buprenorphine. How much buprenoprhine you'll need to take, like the gabapentin and baclofen, depend on how big your habit was.

I'd say start low and work your way up as necessary to try and conserve your meds. By the same token, don't worry about running out if you need to take more because you're still feeling horrible. Even if you used up all your buprenorphine by day three, you should have enough meds left (with the gabapentin, zofran and Seroquel) to see you through the rest of the first week of opioid abstinence.

Find people to support you IRL. And check out the SL Directory. Lots and lots and lots of suggestions on this specific point there. It's almost entirely about this very question.

The short answer is that it will take some effort, willingness and trial and error on your part. The more you try and the gentler you can be with yourself, the easier the process.

Are you asking what symptoms do they treat or what their mechanisms of action are? The former is easier for me to answer for you than the later. It's also more germane to your thread here.

Try and find a free clinic, especially if you live in a major city. There are more than you might think out there. If you live in a small town, you'll probably have less options outside biting the bullet and paying your local robber baron of choice.

5. Collapse Details

Hello Tman,

I must admit I can't help you with the medication questions, I myself ct'd off my opiate pain meds with zero comfort meds....Don't be like me...Lol...

And cj and TPD have you covered in that department. They're the best.

What I can offer you is my support, I think it's really great you're doing this. You will be fine. Go easy on yourself okay?

Here for you anytime,
    your friend ,Ashley.

Quote Originally Posted by Tman136 View Post
    Thank you both for the reply! I took 2mg of sub waited a bit then took another 2mg was still feeling so so and upped it to another 4mg for a total of 8mg right now and feel pretty good. took 1200mg of gaba today and the sweating has reduced....maybe from the subs? everything feels good so far (better than a few other times when i detoxed) only thing is i am having some body tremors especially in my hand. anything to stop that or is that a side effect possibly of the gaba?

What are some of the NMDA you talked about? I do not know anything about those.

and I am in good health, in my twenties. very active.

Thank you so much for your time and advice!

6. Collapse Details

Sober Living
    Gabapentin causes me too shake in high doses so that's probably what that is. That's alot of sub to just be ok. I think your looking at a longer withdrawal then I really thought by your first post which is ok. Your going to want to save the gabapentin and baclofen for the future because realistically you shouldn't feel to bad right now on 8mg of sub and you don't want to run out of comfort meds before the storm starts. try taking 6mg of sub 24 hours after your last sub dose and see how that feels. You may have some discomfort but we'll it's going to be uncomfortable getting off this shit the goal is to make sure it's not horrible.

So you have 28mg of sub left right?

So 1day of 6mg leaves 22mg.
    Then do 3 days of 4mg leaves 10mg
    3 days of 2mg leaves 6mg
    3 days at 1mg leaves 3mg
    3 days of .5mg leaves 1.5mg
    3 days of .25mg leaves .75mg
    Then progressively cut what's left as small as possible till you run out. That's a pretty sane taper that shouldn't be too terrible and is short enough so you won't end up with sub withdrawal at the end. Use the gabapentin and baclofen as needed keeping in mind that you want to save some for when the sub is gone completely. That said the most painful drops will be at the beginning when you go from 8 to 6 to 4 then when you run out of course.

Good luck keep us updated. Feel free to pm me too.
    Addicted? Want to stop? We can help! Come to the sober living forum!
    http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/269-Sober-Living