• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Barbiturates... What's with all the hype?

They are similar in effects, but not in structure.

Would I be correct in saying this has something to do with barbs CAUSING seizures at higher doses while benzos remain anti- umm seizury?

That is what backs me off em, well and the LD50 being on a couple other CNS depressants already.

Would I be correct in saying this has something to do with barbs CAUSING seizures at higher doses while benzos remain anti- umm seizury?

That is what backs me off em, well and the LD50 being on a couple other CNS depressants already.
Never heard of that. They only cause seizures in withdrawal, I think? Easier to OD on for sure.

I really liked Phenobarbital. I miss it still, years later.
My own fault I fucked up after getting a real prescription for it. Deliberately tried to OD. Obviously I survived but no way am I getting barbs again :(

Never heard of that. They only cause seizures in withdrawal, I think? Easier to OD on for sure.
lemme run a google, I admit at this point in my BL career I am going mostly from memory of things I read.....if that is not the case my apologies. And Hooray barbs are still something that sounds like I would like lol.

Ahaa, I DO INDEED STAND CORRECTED. Methylmethaqualone causes seizures in high doses and I made a bad extrapolation thought that would be the case with all barbs. (than remembered the word seizure in several barb studies and incorrectly inferred)

SEEMS THERE IS INDEED NO RISK ON SEIZURES WHILE DOSING "Classic" BARBS (I'll say for lack of chemistry and biology knowledge)