Mental Health Coming off Invega/Xeplion (paliperidone) injections v 8.0

No - it's accepted. That's WHY I said 'consult a doctor'.

We have seen it's misuse too often so now a doctor will not prescribe - only a consultant.
There is no established guidelines on how to guide patients off antipsychotics, so consulting a doctor can actually make things worse

What are you talking about misuse for?, I was talking about taking the drugs exactly as prescribed and experiencing withdrawal symptoms upon reduction, discontinuation, or even switching to a different antipsychotic

There is no established guidelines on how to guide patients off antipsychotics, so consulting a doctor can actually make things worse

What are you talking about misuse for?, I was talking about taking the drugs exactly as prescribed and experiencing withdrawal symptoms upon reduction, discontinuation, or even switching to a different antipsychotic

A doctor should refer you to an appropriate consultant or psychiatrist. But I assumed you would only be prescribed such drugs by an appropriate consultant or a psychiatrist. After all, it's their domain... so likewise, stopping, is also their domain.

Or are just regular GPs prescribing these things in the US?

Does anyone have bad memory problems and feel very cognitively disconnected? I feel very stupid like is difficult to articulate any thought. It's like my memory resets every few seconds and I can't retain any information if I read something. I'm more than 5 months off and feel like I'm going to be stupid forever like very difficult to talk and form any long sentences. I once was very smart guy like I made a university degree with maximum votes and now can't even talk properly or have any idea. Anyone had similar problems and got better? This is not livable life. Social skills are non existent now.

Does anyone have bad memory problems and feel very cognitively disconnected? I feel very stupid like is difficult to articulate any thought. It's like my memory resets every few seconds and I can't retain any information if I read something. I'm more than 5 months off and feel like I'm going to be stupid forever like very difficult to talk and form any long sentences. I once was very smart guy like I made a university degree with maximum votes and now can't even talk properly or have any idea. Anyone had similar problems and got better? This is not livable life. Social skills are non existent now.
Have you had any improvements in other ways at all? Anhedonia or emotions? Usually one thing starts to improve then the rest like cognition etc follows. Just takes a long time with invega from what I’ve seen.

Has anyone recovered from antipsychotic depression more than once??? Because I already suffered with alogia and anhedonia and the rest of it for 10 months before getting on Effexor and making a miraculous recovery, and now since having another psychosis and being put on invega I’m in my second bout of post-psychotic depression with severe anhedonia blank mind and the rest of it once again. I hope my brain can come back from this one too because I’m having fears that I’m just damaged beyond repair now

Have you had any improvements in other ways at all? Anhedonia or emotions? Usually one thing starts to improve then the rest like cognition etc follows. Just takes a long time with invega from what I’ve seen.
I don't know its very hard to notice if I had improvements, if so they are very little maybe less suicidal than some months ago but I still am, my sleep got better. Still very anhedonic and no motivation. How is your memory and cognition?

My tremor went away, it took over 5 months for it to clear up. It was a mild tremor.

I got my progesterone tested today. I also just found out I'm slightly anemic again from my yearly IBD bloodwork, which means lion's mane probably depleted my hormones. :/ So I have had like, three different kinds of sexual dysfunction this year. Lion's mane also hit my thyroid hormone, but didn't deplete it to hypothyroid levels. I also think my prolactin could still be high so hopefully I'll get like, the actual good drugs that fix that soon, a dopamine agonist. They didn't want to give it to me because I had psychosis recently, but I'm willing to take that risk. Hormones are so interconnected and mine are all fucked up, I need as much help as I can get.

I have got to find a way to increase my dopamine.

Hey guys i'm returning here because this was my home when I was going through my Haldol injections. I wasn't able to enjoy anything not weed,music video games, socializing etc etc Ahedonia was severe I didn't have nothing to live for this was my post even on reddit and I'm sure you can look at my profile of me complaining on here.

I don't suggest cold turkey because of the rebound pyschosis. Although you might feel like you lost trust in Antipsychotics as a whole going back into pyschosis can end you back in a hospital or even jail or worse. Zyprexa and Abilify are too strong for me even though they are nothing like Invega and haldol so i suggest taking Geodon. I can enjoy weed i can feel even 1 beer. I enjoy music, life working out etc. I know the wait sucks it took me 1.5 years to recover it was complete hell. My 21st birthday was the most depressing shit ever on this drug and it took soo much from me I pushed my Ex away from me just wanting to give up on life. But you guys can survive this. 1-2 years is nothing compared to the rest of your life you can live when finally clear from this drug.

I took about 3 haldol shots it took me around a year and 6 months to feel things again. But again i felt way too much i was overloading on music weed once i started feeling stuff and went into psychosis which lead me to Jail i really suggest taking something lighter like geodon,abilify even zyprexa

My tremor went away, it took over 5 months for it to clear up. It was a mild tremor.

I got my progesterone tested today. I also just found out I'm slightly anemic again from my yearly IBD bloodwork, which means lion's mane probably depleted my hormones. :/ So I have had like, three different kinds of sexual dysfunction this year. Lion's mane also hit my thyroid hormone, but didn't deplete it to hypothyroid levels. I also think my prolactin could still be high so hopefully I'll get like, the actual good drugs that fix that soon, a dopamine agonist. They didn't want to give it to me because I had psychosis recently, but I'm willing to take that risk. Hormones are so interconnected and mine are all fucked up, I need as much help as I can get.

I have got to find a way to increase my dopamine.
So do you recommend Lion's mane?

Hey guys i'm returning here because this was my home when I was going through my Haldol injections. I wasn't able to enjoy anything not weed,music video games, socializing etc etc Ahedonia was severe I didn't have nothing to live for this was my post even on reddit and I'm sure you can look at my profile of me complaining on here.

I don't suggest cold turkey because of the rebound pyschosis. Although you might feel like you lost trust in Antipsychotics as a whole going back into pyschosis can end you back in a hospital or even jail or worse. Zyprexa and Abilify are too strong for me even though they are nothing like Invega and haldol so i suggest taking Geodon. I can enjoy weed i can feel even 1 beer. I enjoy music, life working out etc. I know the wait sucks it took me 1.5 years to recover it was complete hell. My 21st birthday was the most depressing shit ever on this drug and it took soo much from me I pushed my Ex away from me just wanting to give up on life. But you guys can survive this. 1-2 years is nothing compared to the rest of your life you can live when finally clear from this drug.

Hey man thanks for coming back … I feel like you might be one of the only people to have had what I am currently going through, I have severe anhedonia , no emotions , no social skills , don’t talk or make conversation any more , just say one word and very short responses to my mum or brother when they talk to me otherwise I say nothing at all , I feel completely dead inside , it’s a hard thing to describe , I can’t feel weed or alcohol or coffee also I have insomnia … does this sound similar to how you felt ? I took 14 injections of an older strong ap called clopixol over a 7 month period and my last injection was just over 8 months ago , I haven’t improved at all in this time , I feel the same as when I was on the injections , I feel like this is permanent , I have made a plan to end my life if nothing has changed after 2 years off the shot , I constantly think about suicide now and have my method planned … do you think I still have a chance bro ? Thanks again for coming back here I’m glad you recovered man.

Hey everyone I got injected with this drug multiple times before and always recovered. There IS hope. <edited out poor advice - SMod>

Last edited by a moderator:
So do you recommend Lion's mane?
Only if you don't have an autoimmune disease, dp/dr, anxiety, or vitamin deficiency. Wait a year, only take it you're still having problems. I had a bad reaction, but it could be a lifesaver for someone.

Last edited:
how bad were your symptoms from being injected?

Hey everyone I got injected with this drug multiple times before and always recovered. There IS hope.
How bad were your initial symptoms from being injected? Did you have an extreme adverse reaction like many of us on here?

Has anyone recovered from antipsychotic depression more than once??? Because I already suffered with alogia and anhedonia and the rest of it for 10 months before getting on Effexor and making a miraculous recovery, and now since having another psychosis and being put on invega I’m in my second bout of post-psychotic depression with severe anhedonia blank mind and the rest of it once again. I hope my brain can come back from this one too because I’m having fears that I’m just damaged beyond repair now

What makes you think some people don't heal 1 year off the drug?

How bad were your initial symptoms from being injected? Did you have an extreme adverse reaction like many of us on here?
I did have adverse reaction like akathisia, anhdedonia and sexual dysfunction. I had to drop it because I wanted my cock to still work. From 1 test dose it took me 2 months for full recovery, akathisia faded the fastest then anhedonia and sexual dysfunction.