• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom raises tolerence or acts like a blocker to oxycodone?

No need to apologize, thanks for the info. It might be interesting and useful to have a new thread with the information that you and others can consolidate from these and other studies, plus personal experience. But then again, I think there is an awful lot of unsettled science and knowledge around kratom. Complicated drug!
For me, the Nature article was the easiest to follow. The others made my head hurt: I need the simplified version!
I don't really have much experience with kratom, it's pretty new to me. I like it and am concerned I will learn to like it too much, so I am trying to learn about it. One subjective thing I noticed ( and I am very sensitive to drugs and have only been taking 2-5 g, usually 2 or 3) is that after the initial stimulating high wears off ( 3 or 4 hrs) it still leaves a feeling of contentment which lasts longer. Maybe that's the OH7 working after the mitragynine wears off or is converted to OH7? The long half life working? Dunno. There is a lot of subjectivity of experience with kratom.

The more I used kratom the shorter it seemed to last. At the height of my use it felt like it was shy of four hours of effect. At times I felt like I only got two hours out of it. But you’re right about it feeling like it lasts longer.

7oh on the other hand when I tried 7oh for the first time, as an isolate not as a metabolite, it lasted like eight hours. It just gradually waned in duration over repeat dosages.

That said kratom gave me an opportunity for me to get my life back and for all the short duration of the annoyance of having to drink sludge water. I love the stuff and I’m grateful it exists.

I hope it’s a lot of fun for you. Don’t be afraid to take little tolerance breaks for a day and a half or so, so that you can be mindful of where you’re at in terms of dependency. Kratom does share that tendency to cause withdrawal symptoms with opiates.

Yeah, I've been taking breaks. Definitely no physical addiction, but I do notice how much I want to do it again. Plus they sell it everywhere. There is a store a 10 minute walk from my house that sells it ( though I avoid buying it there) I feel like it is creeping up on me and I need to control that. But for various reasons in my life right now that is harder at present.
I'm glad to hear that it helped you get your life back.