Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Cosmic Charlie

Woolf229

Greenlighter
Hi all,
The police just went to Cosmic Charlie’s girlfriend’s house and he has died. I am so sorry to deliver the news like this. I was engaged to Billy in 2020 and he made me promise if he dies to share the news with his BL family. Bluelight has his biggest passion and I know he was a legend on here.
I just spoke to him yesterday I am in total shock. I will update you all with everything this is a huge loss.

Oh my god. No, no, no. This is truly terrible news. He was such a beacon of light on this site and this strikes as another good soul lost. I am so sorry to hear this. He will live on through his posts and we will find him a place in the Shrine. I was never especially close to him but his loss will reverberate throughout the community. To his girlfriend and his close friends I can only say I am so sorry for their loss. He was a special guy and it is so sad to hear of his passing. RIP @cosmic charlie . You and others like CH were pillars of this community.

Last edited:
RIP Charlie. You will be missed. Keep surfing the cosmic fractal waves on the other side. Love you dude

Man oh man. RIP Brother ❤️ What an incredible loss. He was truly one of the cheeriest, gentle souls I've had the pleasure of chatting with and getting to know over the last 15 years. I'm deeply saddened by this, Bluelight loses another beautiful human.

Swirling forever in hyperspace ❤️

Fuck man... I'm crying right now. I saw it coming... in fact I was sure you had passed on one time you disappeared for a long time, but you were in jail. I really tried to help steer you away from your one of a kind, true obsession with drugs, or get in balance with it in any case, but it never did any good, not one of the times I tried. Eventually I promised to let you do what you were going to do because you're right, you're a middle aged adult who has the right to what he does to himself, but I wanted to be like WHY DUDE, why are you doing this to yourself again?? But you made your choices, and I wish they'd been different. I always knew I would be typing this post here in the Shrine at some point, I just thought of it as "someday". I guess this is that someday...

Brother, you were a beacon on light in spite of it, you brought nothing but positivity and beautiful vibes to the site, and I imagine, to those who you knew and loved in "real life". You loved quick, easily, and fully, and that is a quality rare in adult humans, and one that we should all aspire to. You're one of my oldest friends from here, and you've been in my life a long time, and I am better for having known you.

Farewell, Bill... <3

I never knew Charlie very well, but by reading his posts I could tell he was a very special person and kind soul. The best of us. I am deeply saddened by this, RIP man.

Last edited:
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride"- Hunter S Thompson

Our brother skidded through.

Much love to all of us who were lucky to know him ❤️

Fuck man... I'm crying right now. I saw it coming
❤️❤️❤️❤️

I asked him to tell us in PD if he was going to use and we'd lovingly yell at him to not. But we all know, that's just not how this game is played. Addiction is a snake that just bites without warning.

I'll always remember the oft mentioned golden years in PD Social and how much of a massive fundamental role Cosmic Charlie played there. I obviously never met him but he was a true friend, as are all the old crew from that era. ❤️

Oh no, this is heartbreaking news. Throughout all of his struggles, he was always an awesome dude. I hope that he's enjoying the ultimate eternal trip.

My deepest condolences,
Dreamflyer

I am not a BL community member I only joined a few years ago one night I couldn’t find him. Can I post photos of him here? Is that allowed??
Billy was such a good man. Literally just a sweet man. I’ve never seen anyone struggle with addiction like he did. I JUST spoke to him yesterday man I cannot believe this

Can I post photos of him here? Is that allowed??
Yes, it is absolutely permitted for someone’s real life friends or loved ones to post photos of them in The Shrine.

We’d love to see some photos of Bill on here, and I am truly sorry for your loss.

I never got to know him personally but I've read many of his posts. Sounded like a good guy. My sincere condolences go out to his family. Heartbreaking!

RIP Cosmic Charlie. It is a loss for everyone that knew you.

Hi all,
The police just went to Cosmic Charlie’s girlfriend’s house and he has died. I am so sorry to deliver the news like this. I was engaged to Billy in 2020 and he made me promise if he dies to share the news with his BL family. Bluelight has his biggest passion and I know he was a legend on here.
I just spoke to him yesterday I am in total shock. I will update you all with everything this is a huge loss.

NO!