• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Round 416: Morning (SUBMISSIONS CLOSED)

Driving on Ursa Minor looking out towards Ursa Major in the a.m.

ksueGtr.jpg

Bombs dropping from some kind of Cargo Planes that flew away too fast to get in pic.

Wyov94y.jpg

8Bxi4YD.jpg
Well, that's just nuts. I would have freaked out too. Were you anywhere near a military base? If so there could be an impact area nearby where they practice bombing runs.

Could you actually hear the explosions?

WELCOME TO PHOTO CONTEST #416!

This round's theme is MORNING as selected by your reigning champion: @mal3volent.

This round is meant to be quite open to interpretation. Morning can mean, literally, a shot of a sunrise, but it could also mean something else... it's for you to decide. Just no dick pics! :no:

Submissions must be original photographs, with or without minimal pre or post editing.

Submissions are now open! Take some photos, or select an existing original photo of yours, and submit it! It doesn't have to be a photo you take now, it can be something from the past, as long as you've taken it yourself, and you haven't submitted it before.

LAVA Photo Contest Rules
  1. This contest is open to everyone, regardless of equipment and skill level.
  2. Submissions will be taken until July 31st (subject to change depending on participation level).
  3. Voting will open from August 1st through August 15th (subject to change depending on participation level).
  4. Photographs or variations of a photograph cannot be recycled from previous rounds.
  5. Photographs must be your original work.
  6. Post your photo in the the form of an image, not a link to click on.
    • To insert an image, host the image on a 3rd party site and post it using the picture button or this code [IMG]...[/IMG].
    • Those who wish to participate in sharing full versions of their entries may do so by providing a link to the full sized version in the same post as their entry.
    • Please be sure the dimensions of your photo are not obtrusive when displayed.
      • Free image resizing and hosting website - Imgur, or Imgbb
      • Images can be easily resized in Bluelight posts by simply dragging them from the corner into the size you want
  7. The winner shall be crowned and known throughout the land (of BL) henceforth as The Rising Sun (or another title of your choosing related to the theme; you could be The Rising Son if you wanted to and ain't scurred of God or nothin')
  8. Don't be boring! Don't vote for your own photo. Make it fun and pick a favorite from your worthy competitors.
  9. Just don't be like these guys
    1. Or them
      1. At least not in here

Previous thread here

Win the contest and earn a new custom profile title in time to flex your profile to everyone as you enter the manic state that is full Springtime!

Submit as many entries as you want and get feedback on them. If you submit multiple photos and do not specify which one you want to go with, the most recent will be chosen for voting. Please be aware of when the contest will close, it will be announced ahead of time. Once the final entries are put into the first post and voting is opened, we cannot change your entry.

Well, that's just nuts. I would have freaked out too. Were you anywhere near a military base? If so there could be an impact area nearby where they practice bombing runs.

Could you actually hear the explosions?
Yes. The bombs were very loud. They scared me. But they were real fast and like a popping sound like a pop. pop pop. pop pop pop.

There is no military base close by but they can fly out in no time from wherever they are located to somewhere remote and drop their bombs real quick training and for training

maneuvers.

But as a matter of fact the community protested. in the paper ect ect all over. Even had bumper stickers. No More Fly Overs !! And they did finally stop. See even the military

is nice sometimes. And they didn't even have to have the last word.

EDIT: birds

CWwy8TQ.jpg

Trying to catch some birds in a bird feeder in the Morning !!!

But they always fly away before I can get them.

There was a cardinal too and all different wild birds but just can't catch them. They get away too fast.

s2ZhW8Q.jpg

FP8kkzg.png

ACUx5gZ.jpg

ESWQeaz.jpg

Last edited:
Is it multiple submissions? This thread brings back memories of the time I was a mod here. My memory is terrible but I believe this forum used to be second opinion and I was on board during the transition to LAVA. I wanted to keep the old name because it was my favorite subforum.

I think hydroazuanicaine (sp) was senior mod. You might still see some of my consolidation on the backend.

I’ll try to submit something but I’ve never done it on my phone so I need to download Imgur.

Good luck

Yes. The bombs were very loud. They scared me. But they were real fast and like a popping sound like a pop. pop pop. pop pop pop.

There is no military base close by but they can fly out in no time from wherever they are located to somewhere remote and drop their bombs real quick training and for training

maneuvers.

But as a matter of fact the community protested. in the paper ect ect all over. Even had bumper stickers. No More Fly Overs !! And they did finally stop. See even the military

is nice sometimes. And they didn't even have to have the last word.
What you're describing sounds like cluster bomb. They can be set to go off at a predetermined altitude.

I'm so glad they stopped the practice of training in the area you live in. The community must have put together a very persuasive campaign against the fly overs. You said they didn't even have to have the last word. That is no small thing, especially when dealing with government!

Your quality of life must have improved 100% when they stopped!

Is it multiple submissions? This thread brings back memories of the time I was a mod here. My memory is terrible but I believe this forum used to be second opinion and I was on board during the transition to LAVA. I wanted to keep the old name because it was my favorite subforum.

I think hydroazuanicaine (sp) was senior mod. You might still see some of my consolidation on the backend.

I’ll try to submit something but I’ve never done it on my phone so I need to download Imgur.

Good luck

you can share as many as you'd like, but only one official entry.