Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Misc £700 gone

axe battler

Moderator: SLR, EADD
Staff member
Hi. So the other day this lass was sidling up to me at a party. I wouldn't touch her with a barge pole, but she kept following me. Anyway the next day £70 0 was missing from my account. They somehow did chip and PIN despite me obviously not giving her my PIN, and the bank don't want to know. CUNTS!!
Any ideas on what happened. I still have the card it happened on so my guess is she cloned it or robbed and returned it
This isn't over and I'm still calling the bank and po po but what the fuck could have happened!?!?

Hi. So the other day this lass was sidling up to me at a party. I wouldn't touch her with a barge pole, but she kept following me. Anyway the next day £70 0 was missing from my account. They somehow did chip and PIN despite me obviously not giving her my PIN, and the bank don't want to know. CUNTS!!
Any ideas on what happened. I still have the card it happened on so my guess is she cloned it or robbed and returned it
This isn't over and I'm still calling the bank and po po but what the fuck could have happened!?!?
The bank have to investigate it and refund the money if it was unauthorised. I’m sure you reported it as soon as you realised. Did they not cancel your card or do anything else? I would definitely look into it, do you have citizens advice over there?

She might have had some kinda small card reader that reacted to your card and charged money from it, possibly this x 20 times

Aye, often it's a small news agent and they have clever ways of scanning your card when buying cigarettes, also petrol stations are notorious for it. They then buy something like cruise liner tickets and then claim a refund which goes to a different account.

I am stunned your bank are not refunding you here, it's definitely worth contacting them again over this.

I'll check out citizens advice @MsDiz thanks. They spent the money at JD Sports and they have a grainy pic of some birch spending it. No-one knows my pin but me tho, and it's not an easy one to guess. The police said they're going to sit on it until they get more evidence (aka they're gonna do fuck all).
The first time round the bank said the card wasn't compromised or something, then the lil bump of ket started kicking in (silly idea, but being on hold is boring as fuck!) and it all got a bit confusing. Then got cut off last time mid conversation. I'll try again tonight. What a fucking life.

I've seen it done. BUT the payment gateway will KNOW which reader took the money. So the police need to be told, the bank then WILL want to know as it's theft and unless you are in the habit of spending £700 in a day, in £100 units over the span of a few minutes, they SHOULD have spotted it.

Someone tried to nick just £50 off me and my bank blocked payment, contacted me and issued a new card. So don't LET the bank say it's your problem, it's their problem.

Ouch!!

Was it definitely Chip and pin transactions, and not contactless?

I've heard of criminals having mobile card readers to randomly take debits from unsuspecting persons contactless cards in crowded places. But I've not heard of any such chip and pin scams.

With all the sodding unwanted "fraud protection" the banks do on their customers, the least they could do is try and help when there has been an actual fraud that needs protecting against.

Last edited:
My card is linked to my phone, don’t even carry a wallet anymore. Haven’t had to use actual cash in a long while.

Had to pay a security deposit on a hire car a couple of months ago, and I used my credit card. A while later someone tried to buy some bits from Scan.

Police didn’t want to know even though it’d be easy as shit to ring the company up and see where the order was placed from and where it would be delivered too. But nope, thankfully credit card has much more protection vs a debit card.

IMG-7232.jpg

Bolton? does that eccentric street preacher guy still carry around that big cross with a little wheel on it?

Yeah, there's some devices that can scan ur card with just being close to u.

Yeah, there's some devices that can scan ur card with just being close to u.

They often rig the readers up to the much larger antennas used by remote garage openers and so on. You still have to het close, but still a foot or so from the card. People often hide them in record bags.

Debz has all of her cards in a little metal box which I presume acts as a Faraday cage.

But I only have a deposit account and they rang me within AS someone was trying to use my card data... in Estonia. BUT the bank SHOULD catch something as odd as a huge payout to a low-confidence (mobile) reader. The police cannot ignore a crime but you might have to physically go to the nearest factory and fill in forms.

Yeah well looks like I'm gettin nowhere with the bank so Citizens advice it is. But they're fucking usually useless too so think I'm fucked. I'm so vexed. Banks gonna call me back apparently about my complaint but can't see that helping. I'm switching banks to get the rewards anyway. Twats.

Oh and I'll be calling the police again as well as they've essentially said that they're not going to do anything more unless something falls into their lap (we will no longer be pursuing the investigation unless new information comes to light or some shite).
I was doing so well in saving as all. So fucking angry.

Yeah well looks like I'm gettin nowhere with the bank so Citizens advice it is. But they're fucking usually useless too so think I'm fucked. I'm so vexed. Banks gonna call me back apparently about my complaint but can't see that helping. I'm switching banks to get the rewards anyway. Twats.
The bank has an obligation to fully investigate it if you have reported unauthorised payments to them. There are rules somewhere... hold on... fca link