• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

a bluelight decade: global meetup, june 2009 (We're SERIOUS!.. but how about a date?)

Where should the Bluelight 10-Year Meetup be held?

• Hamsterdamnation

Votes: 208 52.1%
  • London

Votes: 55 13.8%
  • Ibiza

Votes: 41 10.3%
  • Prague

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Budapest

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • India

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Thailand

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • Mexico

Votes: 38 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think that they're basing their decision solely on that fact, but surely, given the nature of this site and the extremely likely event that at least 1 person will want to be consuming drugs at a meet-up of this calibre, it is something to bear in mind?

And in bearing this in mind and in the interests of group harmony + safety (ie. I don't think anyone wants the experience to be marred by police intervention), surely it is the kind of thing where it is best to keep the interests of the whole group in mind, rather than personal agenda?

I don't mean this as an attack on your own opinion Samadhi, as I think your points were very valid - but that is the thought track I would take - and what I would expect/predict others' would be :)

Bluelighters, afterall, aren't exactly known for their totally rockin' tea parties ;)

I do understand, i was making a lame attempt at being facetious with my "shmarm reduction" comment.

I wouldn't imagine a meet up of this size to not involve any drug taking by anyone...afterall, i'm a realist. ;) But really, the only place then that this should be considered is Amsterdam... so why even bother having a poll?

:\

My point is that SE Asia has the harshest laws on drug consumption. I don't think anyone is asking for them to be legal, but I guess some people might be put off choosing the place that has the harshest laws against it, when (for them - not living in Aust, especially) the others are not any different price wise :)

But on another note - is ibiza a joke entry? Does anyone except shirtless spray-tanned men and she-males go there?

If I was overseas and could work being on the same continent for this I'd go. Otherwise not. Obviously.

I guess i was just using it as an excuse to go back to Thailand again. ;) Having said that, last time we were in Thailand, when i went to the chemist to get cold & flu tablets for a slight case of sinus, i was given a sheet of 50 120mg pseudoephedrine tablets with the suggestion by the chemist that if i feel tired, i should take 2. I also got a bottle of 50 20mg valium for "jet lag". All perfectly legal. Crazy. Cambodia is even more loose with pharmaceuticals.

All this aside, i'm in agreeance with you, MP, unless i'm actually on the same continent as this do, i doubt i'd go (unless it was in Thailand =D)

i voted the dam because it's not too expensive to be at and from there a euro tour is easy peasy.

We got over two years to save. Along with saving for TWO weddings this year, i still reckon i should be able to swing it quite easily.

Keep in mind that there're more bluelighters outside of aus than in. This is a bluelight meetup. To ensure a large turnout, we need to consider what is best for the majority.

nickyj said:
Once again, I am very keen on this idea. ASSuming I have atleast one other Aussie to go with me and I can get the money together. I've got a nice shiny new dutch passport to use! =D

yo negro.

hey mods, when conversation dies down on this topic, please move to EADD.

Why have in a country where the Euro currency is prevalant? Why not Estonia, Latvia, Prague .. somewhere people are willing & able to afford to go *hard*

Mary Poppins said:
But on another note - is ibiza a joke entry? Does anyone except shirtless spray-tanned men and she-males go there?

Can I change my vote to Ibiza? :(

Wait, 2009 now? I thought it was 2008??

Not that I'm complaining as it gives me more time to save as I am notoriously crap with money....but yeah..someone in the know, please pm and advise me.

Alternatively, if you are of some hot non-Australian accented background, leave an erotic message on my phone.

nah, it has always been 2009, the 10 year anniversary of bl.

sorry, i couldn't leave that on your phone :(

mods please move to EADD.
don't worry, this poll shall continue to cycle the three forums to catch any new member who plan to attend.

Whatever the decision, we need a location. . Location location location . . Once in the location are we camping would that be another little question? Or are we just meeting up in the day under random circumstances? hmm excitement twirls the mind. . .I hope to meet one nifty little chick that can surpass my stupidity and embrace the fullness of me.

i said mexico cuz its close-by.. but jeez.. a trip to amsterdam would be awsome as well =D