• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol and Pseudoephedrine?

Kurosh

Greenlighter
I'm currently prescribed to Pseudoephedrine (Pseudovent) for decongestant purposes. I was previously on Levoquin (strong antibiotic) and was told to not consume alcohol on it. Now that I am officially off the antibiotics, I was looking into possibly having a drink sometime again ;) . I looked into the "Precautions" section of Pseudovent and didn't see a single mentioning of alcohol consumption. However, saw a note about drinking plenty of fluids and keeping oneself hyrdrated, which I'm sure alcohol doesn't exactly help. I only take one capsule in the morning which makes me feel slightly more awake (2 capsules is maximum per day according to my doctor). This is going to make sound like an idiot, but I cannot figure out the mg's dosage of each pill. It isn't mentioned on the pill itself or on the label wrapping around the container. All the is read is "PSEUDOVENT 400 CAPSULE #30 (ETHEX CORP)". I assume that '400' is probably the mg dosage, but I wanted to be sure before I stated anything for sure. I was just wondering the precautions I should take if I consume pseudovent in the morning/early afternoon and alcohol in the late evenings and how hard this will be on my body. I did a quick search and found this:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=5420968&highlight=pseudoephedrine+alcohol#post5420968

If anybody has any experiences or advice please feel free to add to the thread. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance :)

400mg is alot of psuedoephedrine, Sudafed only has 60mg and the pack says a max of 4 per day (240mg per day)

"#30" could mean 30mg, but a limit of 60mg per day sounds awfully conservative

Well, I think I found my Pseudovent dosage.

http://gsm.about.com/compact/showpics.asp?monotype=&cpnum=1066&r=6078&match=

"Pseudovent 400 Extended-Release Capsule (Capsule, Extended Release 400;120 mg;mg)
Ethex Corporation"

This looks exactly like my pills (blue and dark pink). So, I guess the same question remains... is 120mg of Pseudoephedrine safe to take with alcohol (if it is taken in the morning/early afternoon and alcohol taken in the late evening)?

Thanks for the reply Ham-milton.

Could you please further clarify what you mean by 'beta-ester'? Thanks in advance :)

i consume an allergy medicine containing pseuphedrine. double dose it usually, so that's 240 mg of pseudo in the morning, followed by 1-6 beers at 9ish hours later after work. I experience no negative effects so far. i drink daily, but only use the pseudophedrine 1-5 times a week.

Hmm... interesting. I already drank a beer a few days ago at night and felt nothing. However, I guess my only concerned is getting hammered while I'm still on this.