• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

"Allah" is the SAME as the Christian "God"

its sounds like "geheynom" in hebrew. Many translate is as hell others purgatory, but bottom line is that its a cleansing period.

u kno what i find funny, say theres two catholic countries and they both go to war for some political reason both countries are going to be praying to the same god before they go to war and if one wins they claim it was gods work and the other loses what are they to think????

god is against war and any religion fighting against another religion u kno that it is a false religion,god is also against politics because they rullers are not apointed by god therefor a fool rulling over fools.

u have to acknowlege that there is as much bad in this world as there is good therefor u must stay away from the bad as much as u strive for good.bad and good both work together but if u stay on the bad side without knowing u wont trully be able to determine what is good anymore and therefore be lost like most of the other ignorants claiming everything gods fault be it good or bad,god has left us to rule ourselves for the time being but he also sent satan down here so u must trully strive to stay away from the wrong in gods eyes.

our selfish prone concience is what we must supress ourselves and do not what we want but what god wants.

im not preaching because i dont necesarily follow most of these guidlines but it is very relevant and from what i kno true as it is writen in the bible(the one that hasnt been tampered with by selfish kings of the past to control a ppl in the so called gods word.

if u havnt noticed this some ppl are more selfish than others and they have no regard of what is really happening to the ppl they played with and only think about the power they themselves have gained and if u say this is wrong then u need to ellevate your awareness of the world around u and what is happening to it.

example of the above, some guy decides hes going to make himself wealthy at the expence of others so he goes out and starts a toy company(as this looks very innocent and the kids playing with his products arent fully aware of where it came from)so he goes down to a very poor contry and opens a sweat shop and the ppl there are glad they can work and put a peice of bread on there table but little do they kno the man selling the toys is making loads more money than they are and that if he wasnt such a greedy basterd he could make the wages way higher and supply a better quality of life for those working,but he likes his money because he is selfish and he goes on his good life when many of his workers are suffering and underfed but they think they have a good job in the country they live in.

i dont kno if u understood but that my view on the selfish ppl of this world of things and dont even try to say you are not selfish because i kno u sin and every sin comes from selfishness

miamistu said:
^^^^^^^Actually Judaism does not believe in eternal damnation. Everyone goes into "hell" when they die before passing in2 heaven and depending on how bad you are/were, the length of stay in hell could be quite a while or as little as a second.

interesting.. sorry i didnt know that. but still even the fact that there is a heaven and hell in all three is pretty significant

I just did some reading and the heaven/hell thing in Judaism is quite interesting - it seems to have evolved quite a bit though never becoming a central part of their faith. In fact it looks like it's still a bit of a muddle to me - I found lots of references to Rabbis giving contradictory oppinions on the current state of affairs...

They originally believed in only one place where everyone went after they died - a place where no pain or pleasure of any kind was to be found - Sheol. Around the Maccabee period this starts to shift to seperate parts: Gan Eden (heaven, but literally also the garden of Eden) and Gahenna. It seems Gahenna was originally a valley not far from Jerusalem where unbelievers did "abonimable things" - one can only wonder what =D

--- G.

^^ (from an old post i did on hell) It was here that Isreal had conducted a heathen rite of burning children.(2 chron 28:3,33:1,6) Jeremiah predicted that because of this the lord would make a valley of slaughter where the corpses of the Israelites would be buried intill there was no more room for their bodies.
Jeremiahs prophecy undoubtly led Israel to view Gehinnom as a place of judgement of the wicked and later rabbinical tradition considered and taught it as a place for burning carcasses.

While there are several different opinions as to what " geheynom" is in Judaism, (and whether or not every soul needs to stop there before entering heaven) the majority accepted opinion is that it is a purgatory like cleansing place which all must stop (if only for a second) to be cleansed befpre passing into heaven. Most traditional Jewish scholars agree that there is no eternal damnation.

I had no idea anyone could be so stupid as to actually not know that Allah and God are one and the same...

^You obviously havent read the thread at all have you? Why post something so stupid if you arent going to read the thread first? Seriously, go back and reread the thread and then repost.

>having not read any replies and just the original post<

Fine by me if others think they are worshipping the same God as another group is. Integration of any kind joys me.

I believe all religions are actually worshipping the same God...they just want to be snobs about it, and feel elite.

God IS God and that is all.