• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Anyone ever had an unlimited opioids script?

I did post just 2 references that between them explain the ENTIRE range of opioids including their selectivity. Are 2 references asking too much of people?

Believe me, I spent 6 months narrowing it down to those 2 papers. I HAVE been guilty of over-posting, but 2? That covers ALL? Is that still too much?

I believe that the formal term is 'index paper' and I could not go lower than 2. Between them, the cover it ALL?

It also has training-sets. I feel that is approachable since people can recognize familiar compounds.

God knows I would have spun the same out over an entire year should it have been a teaching post. I don't, for the reasons the OP mentioned.

Last edited:
I did post just 2 references that between them explain the ENTIRE range of opioids including their selectivity. Are 2 references asking too much of people?

Believe me, I spent 6 months narrowing it down to those 2 papers. I HAVE been guilty of over-posting, but 2? That covers ALL? Is that still too much?

I believe that the formal term is 'index paper' and I could not go lower than 2. Between them, the cover it ALL?
I haven’t seen what you posted tbh. I don’t think posting index papers is the issue but certainly including your thoughts and then linking them would go a long way to laying it out.

I’m all for education and having references to back up your opinion is good practice.

I’m in no way telling you what you’re doing is wrong, just saying it’s good to give your thoughts as well rather than just posting papers. There are lots of members on the forum that appreciate the science.

I used to get 300 80mg OxyContin back in the day. It nearly killed me. I told the doctor I was dependent. I told him I wanted to draw down. I was 19 years old. If I saw that dude now I’d have some very choice words with him.

As per MsDiz's point - FAR too much and only given when the doctor is onto a bonus for scripting. More than 80mg oxy a day doesn't stop pain - it merely screws you up so you don't COMPLAIN too much,

You get kinda bored with same old thing all the time, at least my little kitty does. Has more than she can ever use so hangs around alley trying to trade for UPs but that's dangerous and unpredictable. She hasn't done it in long time. Hoping to find reliable friend close to her own scratching post. Really wants another feline or even gentle hound dog who'd share cola in exchange.
Hey, we don’t do SWIM or my dog or my cat or my friend here. You use the drugs. Superficial hiding isn’t going to save you if the cops come knocking.

NDAs are common. Especially within medical research. It doesn't prevent someone commenting on classes of compound they are not directly involved it, but having gone through it, if you spend 8-12 hours a day reading papers, reading even more WOULD be burdensome.

Let's face it, we know others here with such qualifications who rarely if ever chip in with technical details. And those are people who most certainly have no NDA hanging over them.

There's never enough. I had 3 doctors at one time getting prescribed 90 oxy 40's from all of them and I still found myself running out early. Of course I was Selling them some and feeding friends addictions also though. I had a friend that got 120 80mgs of oxy and he would always runout early.. At one time I had the 3 docs. All my friends had doctors.I was driving to the doctors several times a week driving friends to the doctors. We all knew when each other went because we depended on each other's supplies but you still runout and want more. Before all this I used to order poppy pods at will, cheaply off eBay but there was still times when my supplies wouldn't get there before I was out of the previous supply.

There's never enough. I had 3 doctors at one time getting prescribed 90 oxy 40's from all of them and I still found myself running out early. Of course I was Selling them some and feeding friends addictions also though. I had a friend that got 120 80mgs of oxy and he would always runout early.. At one time I had the 3 docs. All my friends had doctors.I was driving to the doctors several times a week driving friends to the doctors. We all knew when each other went because we depended on each other's supplies but you still runout and want more. Before all this I used to order poppy pods at will, cheaply off eBay but there was still times when my supplies wouldn't get there before I was out of the previous supply.

You know - it's this kind of abuse of the system that has seen prescribing being tightened up. In the US man genuine patients had their scripts cut dead because too many OCs were making their way to the streets.

I've been at pains to stick exactly to my prescribed dose and not wishing to be dependent on any more of a medicine than I absolutely have to. I mean, I'm old and have severe physical injuries, but I still do not lie to my doctor nor to my consultant as I am relying on their trust in me to ensure that they will continue to support me.

Sorry. It was years ago and you just had to have come of age in
You know - it's this kind of abuse of the system that has seen prescribing being tightened up. In the US man genuine patients had their scripts cut dead because too many OCs were making their way to the streets.

I've been at pains to stick exactly to my prescribed dose and not wishing to be dependent on any more of a medicine than I absolutely have to. I mean, I'm old and have severe physical injuries, but I still do not lie to my doctor nor to my consultant as I am relying on their trust in me to ensure that they will continue to support me.

Florida at that time. It was endemic. I was watching the news at the time and the cops pulled over a lady and said she had a freezer bag with pills from 11 different doctors. Everybody in Florida were addicts.With pills mills we had people from all over the country coming to get pills. So you can thank Florida that.

Can I ask why this is? so I don't make the same mistake. Obviously I don't do Nobel level research publications and would NEVER want my real name or background on here but would employers really be able to find you on a site like this?. I have synthesized opiates for radio labeling and metabolic studies but many university around the world are doing this work. I also have signed more NDA's then checks so I am a bit confused on what you mean...like you would be releasing IP that you signed an NDA not to? I too work on drug design and analytical method development but I don't go into specifics obviously.
Ireland's life sciences sector has a global reputation for operational and innovational excellence. Leading industry names including Novartis, AbbVie, Janssen, Pfizer, Sanofi, Lilly, AstraZeneca, MSD, Bristol Myers Squibb and Takeda have significant operations here.
You’d be surprised how employers find you but that’s not really my main concern although it does come into my reasoning. I can get pretty carried away when I get into discussing research or even drugs I’ve come across at work and I know I’d fuck up and say something I shouldn’t so I stay well clear. If my employer or a future employer found my handle and knew this was me at least I know for a fact I’ve not discussed anything in regards to my current research/past research/future research.

Im settling into pharmacogenomics now (2 yrs in) and it’s where im going to focus my future on but I still will be under contract with my lab for 5 more years. My lab has been amazing and there is a future there beyond that and I don’t want to fuck it up.

Also (as) tapered says, it can get pretty boring to get off work and keep talking about it. I stay pretty neutral on BL. I only talk about the drugs I personally have experience with using (prescription and some recreational) or drugs I’ve come across when doing HR work at festivals.

Ah - I did a lot of work for Lifeline Publications for about 20 years. I'm too messed up to be on the front-line but we did have an offer from UMIST to carry out GC-MS & NMR on some samples. I saw some crazy things like someone trying to pass on the p-Cl homologue of ketamine AS ketamine. It's fascinating to see how sophisticated the fakes get. I mean, GC-MS was obviously of no help which is why I like my NMR.

But as others have noted - I feel well out of lab-work. Fire up ChemOffice & Reaxys and let them do the hard work.

I guess every medical doctor can write themselves an unlimited opioid script. :)
You’d guess wrong. The amount of red tape around writing any scheduled drug in Ireland/UK is huge. Not sure about America though, but it appears they are sorting the Dr shopping issue.

You’d guess wrong. The amount of red tape around writing any scheduled drug in Ireland/UK is huge. Not sure about America though, but it appears they are sorting the Dr shopping issue.

It's been done. Didn't Shipman script himself a stack of pethidine (!) and almost drowned in the bath (almost - pity) until he was caught? Then he was simply blocked from prescribing CDs for 6 months and had to go to rehab. But nobody caught up on the huge amounts of morphine and diamorphine he used to kill likely hundreds of people?

Debz worked in palliative care for years and so I know for sure that many doctors have the odd dry-amp about them without a name on the packaging which while I agree is for a good reason, is technically not the right way of doing things.

As for things that aren't CDs, well doctors, nurse-practitioners and pharmacists can self-confirm the destruction of such drugs. I mean, prescriptions of people who die, the odd pill 'dropped onto the floor' and other schemes seem quite common.

Wasn't their a huge scandal in a London hospital when it turned out that the staff had helped themselves to THOUSANDS of DHCs? Their were the right number of boxes, but said boxes turned out to be half full. I'm not certain if this last one is in the public domain, I have a nurse friend who told me of it and since we are 80 miles from London, I'm presuming it was common knowledge within the NHS.

But I freely admit that I am not on the front-line and I know for SURE that DDCs have become a lot more secure and pharmacists have to go 2-up when they are filling a script for a CD. The last DDC I saw was nothing more or less than a safe.

1) There's no such thing as unlimited, just a high ceiling. It will never last forever. Not for the most famous, succesfull, connected junkie of all time (Burroughs), or even El Chapo himself, as we've seen. Eventually the world will knock them off.

2) with unlimited supply comes unlimited withdrawals, maybe not in frequency, but trust me, it'll make up for it in severity, when it does finally come. Doing 3-4 grams of oxy or heroin a day, or a gram of methadone per day will come with serious, life-threatening withdrawals, despite what doctors claim. More importantly they are the kind of withdrawals you will wish were instantly fatal, but will literally torture you to death slowly instead

IMO for 99% of junkies who dream about unlimited supply should be instead be dreaming of The Man Within (to reference Burroughs, again) External connections are temporary, internal ones aren't.

Last edited:
In all the weed/hash you can smoke chapter of my life I was a less productive and less valuable societies asset than in all the morphine you can snort chapter.

That’s really exciting field.. It’s not only concerned with developing meds for individuals but also with figuring out what should be tweaked for whole populations who share genetic similarity. From there meds for each individuals can be additionally tailored by adjusting for sex, weight, specific lifestyle and other factors.

I recall some patents from the 90s in which drugs that could be metabolized by multiple liver enzymes were designed. By a simple blood test, the ratio of metabolites would reveal the activity of the patients liver enzymes so that choice and dosage of medication could be adjusted.

There is nothing new under the sun. We refine, refine, refine...