• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Bigger than usual dose once, now MDMA just makes me tired now and maybe even sad

tirednwired

Greenlighter
Over the last two years, I have tried to roll a few times, with many months in between, and cannot seem to get a roll going. It mostly makes me tired or even somber. On a few occasions, I've felt a slight euphoria, but it quickly fades. I am wondering what could be happening in my brain that is causing this.

Some back story:
First started playing with MDMA roughly 10 years ago. Always had a great time and no comedown. In fact, I usually felt great the week afterwards. Probably took it like 4-5 times tops. Two years later, I started Prozac so I didn't take any. Took prozac for maybe 2 years and weened off it as I started weekly oral ketamine treatment. I was able to roll again and things felt like they used to. My dose for a pleasant roll was around 120mg. I dont think I ever took more than that, and definitely took less. During that time I also started taking adderall 10mg as needed, so not everyday. Still no issues.
Then about 2 years ago, I hadn't done any for a while (at least 6 months if not more) and got my numbers mixed up and took 210mg by accident. It was not fun. I felt the come up and then overwhelmed and hot, I stepped out and threw up. I had taken it probably an hr prior, possibly less. My teeth were rattling so much it was hard to speak and my vision was jumping up and down. At the time, I didn't realize I had doubled my usual dose. I had however started taking Vyvanse daily in the last 1-4 months, including that morning. Got back home and took a half dose of a benzo to sleep/calm down. Woke up fine the next morning. I don't even recall felling a harsh comedown. Just a little rattled and embarrassed. Ever since then, I haven't been able to roll. Naturally, I did not touch the stuff for a while. About 5 months later, I tried a little bit, and it was okay, but hardly noticeable or had to focus to feel it. Maybe 8 or more months later, tried again and it simply made me tired and not very social. I pretty much wrote it off for a while. I gave it another 6 months, tried 100mg, this time with 5mg adderall at some point thinking maybe I would get tired. Didn't do much, but wasn't as tired. Tried some licks this past weekend after another 5 month break and it felt gentle but nice about 20 mins, but then I felt tired again, and even sad. I've even tried taking some after being off of vyvanse for a month. Although I've been too nervous to take more than 50-80mgs.

Having read around on some of the other posts here, I guess I have to just chalk it up to "lost magic", but I am curious to know more about a few things:
  • Is there a scientific/chemical explanation for what is happening in my brain that I just feel quiet and sleepy?
  • Could the medication history have anything to do with it? For example, I know that the stimulants elevate my dopamine levels.
  • Can it be simply the case that that one double dose has ruined me for mdma for good?
  • BONUS: if I am having this reaction to MDMA, should I be cautious around other substances including such as psilocybin, 2cb, or anything else?
Thanks for taking the time to read this. And apologies if I missed another thread that touches on this. I tried to dig around, but didn't see much that related closely.

Side note: whenever I've felt comfortable to try again it has only been with purportedly clean and really good from friends and also tested. Others love the same batches.

Check out the 'what is wrong with the MDMA available today?' thread:

Your experience is far from unique, but as yet, there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer.

The general consensus of opinion amongst experienced users is quality, because every now and then, even jaded fuckers like myself chance upon something that blows our tits off like it did back in the day.

If it was simply 'loss of magic' due to abuse, then this shouldn't happen.

Over the last two years, I have tried to roll a few times, with many months in between, and cannot seem to get a roll going. It mostly makes me tired or even somber. On a few occasions, I've felt a slight euphoria, but it quickly fades. I am wondering what could be happening in my brain that is causing this.

Some back story:
First started playing with MDMA roughly 10 years ago. Always had a great time and no comedown. In fact, I usually felt great the week afterwards. Probably took it like 4-5 times tops. Two years later, I started Prozac so I didn't take any. Took prozac for maybe 2 years and weened off it as I started weekly oral ketamine treatment. I was able to roll again and things felt like they used to. My dose for a pleasant roll was around 120mg. I dont think I ever took more than that, and definitely took less. During that time I also started taking adderall 10mg as needed, so not everyday. Still no issues.
Then about 2 years ago, I hadn't done any for a while (at least 6 months if not more) and got my numbers mixed up and took 210mg by accident. It was not fun. I felt the come up and then overwhelmed and hot, I stepped out and threw up. I had taken it probably an hr prior, possibly less. My teeth were rattling so much it was hard to speak and my vision was jumping up and down. At the time, I didn't realize I had doubled my usual dose. I had however started taking Vyvanse daily in the last 1-4 months, including that morning. Got back home and took a half dose of a benzo to sleep/calm down. Woke up fine the next morning. I don't even recall felling a harsh comedown. Just a little rattled and embarrassed. Ever since then, I haven't been able to roll. Naturally, I did not touch the stuff for a while. About 5 months later, I tried a little bit, and it was okay, but hardly noticeable or had to focus to feel it. Maybe 8 or more months later, tried again and it simply made me tired and not very social. I pretty much wrote it off for a while. I gave it another 6 months, tried 100mg, this time with 5mg adderall at some point thinking maybe I would get tired. Didn't do much, but wasn't as tired. Tried some licks this past weekend after another 5 month break and it felt gentle but nice about 20 mins, but then I felt tired again, and even sad. I've even tried taking some after being off of vyvanse for a month. Although I've been too nervous to take more than 50-80mgs.

Having read around on some of the other posts here, I guess I have to just chalk it up to "lost magic", but I am curious to know more about a few things:
  • Is there a scientific/chemical explanation for what is happening in my brain that I just feel quiet and sleepy?
  • Could the medication history have anything to do with it? For example, I know that the stimulants elevate my dopamine levels.
  • Can it be simply the case that that one double dose has ruined me for mdma for good?
  • BONUS: if I am having this reaction to MDMA, should I be cautious around other substances including such as psilocybin, 2cb, or anything else?
Thanks for taking the time to read this. And apologies if I missed another thread that touches on this. I tried to dig around, but didn't see much that related closely.

Side note: whenever I've felt comfortable to try again it has only been with purportedly clean and really good from friends and also tested. Others love the same batches.

Were subsequent experiences after the overdose from the same batch or a new batch?

-GC

Taking 210mg of MDMA (again with hope it really was MDMA as that’s still well within pleasant, intense but pleasant range for big majority of people so..) didn’t ruin your future MDMA experiences but other meds might have.

Some back story:

its the same for me now. I just go quiet, introverted and justwant to sink into a couch or bed. talking is an effort.

I put in down to adhd meds .

Happened to me. Had to take a long time away for m MDMA. When tried thirteen years later ,with a girlfriend, it worked . Dosed too high and had Serotonin syndrome over seven days.

When I was young I would party on MDMA. Never haven taken it after besides a lost baggie containing the typical MehDMA, 200/ 220 mg total and didn't resemble MDMA at all. But especially Methylone, which I did take, is a way gentler version of MDMA. Also makes me tired but misses the famous tuesday blues of MDMA. Serotenergic's are flooring, and sadness is not an uncommon aftereffect.

And I am, most of the time on ADHD meds. Never felt it had an influence on the experience.

With the back then MDMA I went way beyond dosages you took. And honoustly the damage my brain suffered was is no way connected to drug use. Society itself is way more capable of that. And in perspective I was a regular user that overdid it but still a lightweight, compared to a lot of people i know that do just fine now.

Cautious?

At 20 a 1/2 blotter of LSD would totally overwelm me and gave serious mindfucking trip's. Setting's were alway's among friend's or a with a nice girl.

Now 30 year's later a whole blotter or more of 1p-LSD or AL-LAD and I feel just as sedated as on MDMA or Methylone or 6-APB. But with much more warmth no stress. Just pure pleasure, while still alienating. So much more handleable then something like X or even Tryptamine's or Phenethylamine's. Which my body just don't tolerate anymore. Why? Personal chemistry I guess, you feel when its needed. MDMA and Methylone are more like candy, i feel. And that has a price, but good Methylone :badumtiss:.