• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

bongs/pipes vs joints?

cherry_raver

Bluelighter
i'm wondering the actual -reason- why you get so much more wasted off a bong than off a joint. you're still effectively smoking exactly the same amount, and you're still setting light to the material and inhaling the smoke... its not like the difference between snorting and swallowing for example, its all absorbed teh same way. you might inhale more smoke at the one time in a bong, but you'd think if you smoked the same amount in a joint over a short peroid of time you'd have the same reaction, but you don't. anyoen know the actual physical reasons why this is?

^^^^^^^ If I smoke a joint to the face by myself, or if I'm with a couple friends (no more than three heads) and we smoke a good dank joint, I can still get pretty damn blowed.
But overall yeah I agree, bongs and pipes usually get you more fuhhed up in general.......... Hehehe I have a gravity bong just sitting in my room waiting on stand by ;)

If you punch a cone you are just getting so much smoke into your lungs in one hit. It will put you on your ass every time.

plus I think that bong smoke is cooler and you can just take more without it hurting your throat, in my experience anyway...

first off you can inhale more with a bong, and with a joint smoke is being released at all times which means wasted smoke, whereas a bong doesnt necesarilly cherry like a joint does which means you get more for your money.

we always smoke less with a bong or pipe than with a joint. thus, if we smoke a joints worth, then we are more fugged up than in a joint

i think you get more fucked up with joints, even if the joint is a small one. i think a lot of the THC tends to stick to the walls and stay in the water when you use a bong or pipe.

^^
Wrong. It may stick a little to the walls but not enough to lose anything significant. And THC well definately not get loss in the water because it isnt water soluable, it only gets lost if you are using milk instead of water (why the hell would anyone use milk?)

i know you still inhale more smoke in the one go with a bong, however, say one bongs worth is the same as taking 5 puffs on a joint. you might not get it all in one go from a joint but if you still inhale the same amount over a short period of time why dont you get teh same reaction?

^^^I would like to know too...
I can smoke joint after joint & never quite get to where I want...whereas 3 or 4 bongs & Bob's my uncle 99% of the time!
[ 07 February 2003: Message edited by: Scatteredasfuck ]

i actually saw an experiment on this onece. the smoke from an unfilterd joint , a water pipe and a vapouriser were teseted for THC:tar ratio. the vapuoriser was bettert han both .. but interestingly smoke from the joint had a higher THC ratio than the bong. the bong smoke had less tar per unit volume yet even less THC.
so joint smoke should b more potent, and better for u , but a bong gives u bigger hits quicker.. so ... i donno .

so no THC gets into the bong water? then tell me why the bong water turns brown then black and it gets all thick? whats in all that shit?

^^^IMO the THC will not mix to become the 'one solution' BUT some THC will definetly end up being left in the water although it remains as '2 separate' substances as THC(as stated above) is not water soluble ;)

All that brown/black shit in the bong water is collected tar, and other chemicals from the pot.

w/ a bong i get real hi but also really stoned.
w/ a pipe, equally hi and stoned.
w/ a joint, its all high very little stoned.
this gos for all grades of green.      

with the exception of one time, every time I've smoked a joint I never get as high as I would using a pipe or a bong. That one time I did get really high was when my boy rolled a doubie with damn near an 8th in it(normally, I can make an 8th last me a week or two, so me smoking that much at once was of course gonna fuck me up) and we smoked that. Never been so high. Well til we got some purps and smoke a couple bowls, good shit.
Also I've noticed when I do smoke joints the highs don't hit me as quick as they do when I'm using other things.

All that brown/black shit in the bong water is collected tar, and other chemicals from the pot.
THC is a chemical ;) Some small amount is left in the water BUT it doesn't mix as it's not water soluble.
I think that's right...where's a mod when ya need 'em :)

When you hit a bong, there's usually much less smoke and smell in the room than if you're blazing a joint, right (as long as you don't overload the bowl and try to blow the smoke into the AC)?
So doesn't it make sense that all the smoke blowing all over the place when you're not hitting your joint is going to waste? I for one see that my stash finishes much more quickly when I use joints than bongs, there is less waste.
Still, can't beat a nice cone :D
--- G.

All I know is... The funk..Is the FUNK!!!!!!If you smoke the DANK you WILL get BIZZZZAKED!!!!!IF you have the FUNK, and you pull bong ripps You will be rockkkked. Granted this is up for debate, but, The bottom line is.... A BONG WILL ALLOW A PERSON TO INHALE MORE SMOKE Than say, a joint or a pipe,simply because the water cools the smoke and eliminates 75% of the HARSH chemicles the Marijuana/Cannabis produces, and I KNOW that some of the THC is ILLIMANATED(spelling)??While using a water Pipe but, that still does not account for the fact that someone is inhaling way more smoke WITH A BONG than a pipe/joint, (yeah imagine rippin' a six-foot joint) I DOOOOON'TTT THINK SOOOO!!!!! YEAH YEEAH I have smoked HUUUUUUUGE joints before but!!!!!!! The fact is that while I LOOOOOOOVE joints and NICE Hand BLOWN GLASS PIPES which really crank,and..... you get the best taste!!!! They still, for some magical reason do NOT get you as STONED as a bong!!!!!!!!! If I were to go to The Cannabis Cup and taste strain for the first time, I would want it to be from a CLEAN 2FT. hand blown glass CHONGER!!!!!!!, wouldn't you????? MIKE