BOO 8 ~ OCTOBER 12th ~ NYC

Dazzle

Bluelighter
Stuck On Earth Presents THE FINAL BOO
Sunday October 12, 2003 6pm-6am
Over 60Performers 12hrs 6rooms

Throughout the years we have produced several different events of a massive caliber, most of which have been very well received by our loyal following. Nevertheless, by far our most popular event has always been our annual Columbus day/Halloween season festival, Boo. Despite the tremendous amounts of love we have received in response to Boo, we have decided to make this our last installment in this series, and are calculating whether or not to make this our last massive altogether. We want you all to know that we have the utmost respect for and love each and every one of you for making these events happen every year. Boo has snowballed into something unimaginable and has been a joy for us to produce time and time again. So here's to starting on a fresh page, or possibly closing the book once and for all.

Main Room

(Record Release Party For "Mixed Live: Ruby Skye)
DJ Dan-Moonshine,Funky Tekno Tribe-San Francisco
DJ DAN is one of America's most highly sought after DJ/producers who continually breaks new musical ground. Beginning as Los Angeles' top techno DJ in the early 90's, he went on to inspire the breakbeat trend a few short years later with the classic anthem "Loose Caboose." Later DJ DAN reinvented the sound with "Needle Damage"--a fusion of all that is hard and funky.

Donald Glaude -Moonshine-Seattle
The last few years have been very busy for veteran DJ Donald Glaude. Donald's in-demand, crowd-rocking style has given him the opportunity to travel abroad to such places as Russia, Colombia, Hong Kong, Peru, Mexico City, Venezuela, Acapulco, The U.K.., and The Pimp N Ho Ball, just to name a few! He is one of those rare DJs who perceives their role to be that of an all-around entertainer and performer. Each night, his arsenal of track after funky track, seems to be endless.

("Best DJ" award at the Dancestar USA 2002 Awards)
Christopher Lawrence -System Recordings/Giant-LA
A Grammy nominee, the recipient of the "Best DJ" award at the Dancestar USA 2002 Awards and one of the top ranking American artists in DJ Magazine's prestigious "TOP 100" DJs of 2002,One of the most in-demand DJs in the world, Christopher has been described as "America's Top Trance DJ" by MUZIK and "One of the most popular DJs on the global circuit" by DJ Magazine. In 1996, Christopher became the first US artist to be signed to Scotland's cutting edge Hook Recordings.

(Special Closing Set)
Scott Henry -Ultra Rec/Buzz-D.C
By no means your average DJ, Scott Henry goes well beyond the time-honored tradition of rocking dancefloors. Granted, the man's long been an East Coast legend, having started the coast's most esteemed club nights-Fever in Baltimore and Buzz in Washington D.C, respectively, but Scott's role in American club culture outside of DJ'ing has now proven to be as important, if not more so, than his prowess behind the one and two's.

Record Release Party-Live Performance
SpaceGirl -Topaz Rec/HardBeat-Moscow/NYC
She's back again! The talented Russian Queen will be playing an extra special set at "The Final Boo". Her hard trance, Live Performance; accompanied by her unique techniques, is definitely not something you want to miss. So watch out because this Queen is here to show us what Hard Acid Trance is all about…

Live Performance
DJ Funk w/ Stuck On Earth Dancers -Funk Records-Chicago
What words can describe this fixture of the Midwest scene? Pioneer? Crowd-Favorite? Ghetto House Royalty? DJ Funk has produced anthem after anthem that we all know the words to. Funk is the figurehead of the entire musical genre we call Ghetto House. He even has his own label Funk Recordings! Recently remixing acts like Basement Jaxx and Angel Alanis, in turn causing Funk's style to invade all genres of house music. Funk's mix tapes are world-renowned and he has played everywhere from Paris to Hamburg to Tokyo. Anyone who has been going to parties KNOWS what Funk is all about! So back that thing up and prepare to scrub the ground to the Ghetto House sounds of DJ Funk

DJ Bam Bam -Topaz Records-Chicago
When it comes to this guy, his name says it all. His bone crushing base lines will pound you into submission. Part of the extremely prolific underground construction label, Bam Bam has a slew of CD releases, including his new CD hard beats Volume II, that has been selling out of record stores all over the country. And he will definitely get you movin' .

Liquid Todd -Solid State,K-Rock-NYC
Solid State, New York's own Saturday night electronic show (Midnight-4am on 92.3 K-Rock). During the other 164 hours of the week Todd records original songs and produces remixes in his Pro-Tools studio and performs at clubs, festivals and parties all over the world.

(Record Release Party For Trance Theory 3-D)
DJ X-Dream -Topaz Records,Stuck On Earth-Long Island,NY
Part of the nationally acclaimed Caffeine Crew DJ X-Dream is one of the premiere talents to hail from New York. He is responsible for Caffeine's trance sub-label "Stimuli" and the creator of caffeineculture.com.

Pleasurehead - Topaz Records,Stuck On Earth-Long Island,NY

DJ Orion -Stuck On Earth-NYC

Drum-n-Bass Room

Storm -Metalheadz-U.K
HAVING FIRST BEEN TURNED ONTO 'JUNGLE' AT THE LEGENDARY CLUB NIGHT 'RAGE' AT HEAVEN, LISTENING TO Her INSPIRATION FABIO AND GROOVERIDER,She BECAME SO OBSESSED WITH THE MUSIC AND CLUB ENVIRONMENT, THAT SHE KNEW SHE WAS ALSO THE REASON WHY GOLDIE DISCOVERED 'JUNGLE' AND THE REST AS THEY SAY ' IS HISTORY '.DURING THE FORMATIVE YEARS OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE 'METALHEADZ' CAMP, STORM WAS HEAVILY INVOLVED WITH THE EVOLUTION OF THE LABEL, RECRUITING ARTISTS AND WORKING ON VARIOUS PRESS ASSIGNMENTS.

(Full DnB Set w/ 20min DMC Showcase)
Danny The WildChild -Surge Recordings-Chicago
Danny's roots were as a Hip-Hop DJ, he was eventually introduced into the Chicago scene and to the world of drum-n-bass. He enjoyed this new form of music, but also loved hip-hop and began to creatively blend the two genres creating a unique sound of his own. As Danny's turntable talents grew, he began to incorporate scratching and DMC style battle tricks into his Drum-n-Bass sets. His precise mixing skills and unique style and sound gave him the opportunity to bring Drum-n-Bass into the DMC and Hip-Hop scenes.

Capital J - MCA/Universal records,Wikkid,N2o Records-Toronto
CAPITAL J has become one of the fastest rising jungle DJ's in the history of the legendary Canadian D&B scene. His relationship with the decks began at a very young age. At thirteen, trained strictly as a battle DJ he started dominating London, Ontario's foremost scratch competitions, where he remained undefeated for five years straight. J's other forays into music making included being the main element in the hardcore hip hop/rock group, Genocide, which released one album with MCA/Universal records and toured across Canada. He was one half of The Incredible Melting Man; a live action breaks group with release's on Dust2Dust Records in the UK & 2Wars Records. Their first single, Funky Plaid Coat busted in at #13 in the DJ Magazine top 70 chart in the U.K.

DB -Breakbeak Science-NYC
Arriving in New York from London in '89, it could be said that no one has done more for Drum & Bass in America than DB. First with his hardcore Breakbeat club NASA, then by launching Sm e communications and releasing the first Jungle singles & compilations in the U.S, then signing dj Dara, and the launch of his artist career, It was a sign of the great things to come. He & Dara then opened Breakbeat Science, dedicated to Drum & Bass. It has since become a respected record store & label.

(Speacial Set On 3 Turntable's/ Record Release Party)
ODI- Koncrete Jungle-NYC
For the past 10 years dj Odi has been pushing the boundries of drum & bass culture forward! From his beginbnings at the now legnedary NASA parties to rocking across the country and internationally, Odi has been a man on the edge of the music rocking it hard for the dancefloor without loosing his connection to the party kids! This year he is dropping a new mix cd for
Taciturn records titled "Forward Motion USA" as well as setting up the Digital Konfusion Mixshow friday nights on www.nycjungle.com.A regular face at every boo event since day 1 we are proud to have him out for this special night!

Empress- Topaz Rec, Ground Score-NYC
Through perseverance and dedication Empress has garnered respect from her peers and from top-notch producers in the UK for her talent. She is noted for her style and control on the turntables, and her refined selections of progressive tunes. NYC nightlife proved to be irresistible for empress and as she puts it, "the first time I ever stepped in a club I knew the nightlife was going to be part of my life forever." In '96, Empress was so moved by her first experience listening to what was known as techstep at Flux in NYC she knew it was where she needed to be. The darker style lured her deep into the world of Drum & Bass and only one year and only one year later she began tearing up dance floors.

(Special Tag-Team On 4 Turntables)
Kazpa & Atray-u- Stuck On Earth-NYC

Garon -Stuck On Earth-NYC

Tuffist&Human- Survival Crew-NYC

9x -Old Skool Stuck On Earth-NYC

KrazyGlue -Drum-n-Break-Long Island, NY

Mc's For The Night
Mc Tc Izlam -Zulu Nation-NYC
Mc Posi-D -Direct Drive-NYC
Mc Bassnacho

Haunted House Room

Paul Johnson -Dust Traxx-Chicago
Born on Chicago's south side January 11th, 1971, Paul's career started back in '83 when he was dancing with his breaking crew, E.I.O.U. Freeze, and knew nothing about DJing. Developing his DJ skills in the next two years, he came back in '85, when he started to have parties where he would battle other DJs by playing their records and getting the beats ON. Paul's cousin, DJ Pharris Thomas, Lil' Louis, Ron Hardy, Frankie Knuckles, Steve 'Silk' Hurley and Farley Keith (Jackmaster Funk) were his biggest influences. He sees his music as not going in any specific direction "like an octagon - I'm wild" he states.

Charles Feelgood -System Recordings, Buzz- Los Angeles
Charles Feelgood put the Baltimore and Washington DC scene on the map. Back in 1990, with his then partner Scott Henry. Feelgood's ability to drop kick-ass House music conveniently allows him to crossover between events and clubs with ease and it is this talent that has enabled him to consistently rake in the praise and admiration from fans and fellow DJs alike. In addition to his busy touring schedule, Feelgood has expanded into production and remixing including six new tracks for his own label, Charm City Records. Another one of his singles, "I Want You To Fly", was recently released through F-111. His first release on Moonshine, "Can You Feel It?", showcases his unique style of blending funky, bumpin', party-time House that aptly resembles one of his famous club sets.

Onionz &Joeski- 6400 Crew, Elecrik Soul-NYC
Joeski & Onionz both crafted their DJ skills on the network of New York's underground clubs such as Limelight, Tunnel, Wunder Bar and The Roxy. Onionz, a talented drummer & percussionist, could lay claim to being one of the youngest DJs out of NY, starting off at the tender age of 16, whilst Joeski started out spinning freestyle hip hop & disco in Queens, N.Y. The duo crossed paths in the mid 80's and by the dawn of house music, could be heard spinning alongside other NY future stars such as Keoki and Angel Morales.

Heather Heart -Sonic Groove-NYC
One of the better know djs,Heather has been traveling the country promoting her diverse styles for over a decade. A key player, she has been bringing the sound and culture of electronic underground to the forefront since the early years. Featured in such publications as paper,billboard,New York , XLR8r, Front Page, Village Voice, and Jane, Her work has been recognized for her captivating style and contributions to the advancement of electronica. The fanzine "under one sky" which heather piblished from 91-96 created a forum for the us and global undergroundto meet and flourish.

Gant Garrard -Dust Traxx Re., Tree House Recordings-Chicago
Gant Garrard (aka Gant-Man to the Ghetto House world and Brother 2 Brother alongside Paul Johnson) was introduced to mixing by his older brother and learned how to count beats and blend records at the young age of 5 with Disco and (what is now called) Chicago House Music. At 10 he was ready to share his talent with the world and began mixing on a college radio station in Chicago [WKKC 89.3 FM] where he mixed from 1989 through 1997. A now legendary meeting between Gant and Mr. Paul Johnson took place at a high school party on Chicago's South Side in 1992.

Love Sound Project Featuring
Chris Love&Billy Belmont-Tree House Recordings,Stuck On Earth-NYC

Sleepy Face &Boo - Leisure Society-NYC

Brain Sabbeth -Stuck On Earth,Aqua Lounge-NYC

Hip-Hop Room

Black Moon -NYC
Brooklyn's Black Moon (Buckshot, 5FT and DJ Evil Dee) dropped their groundbreaking debut, Enta da Stage, in 1993. The CD, produced by Evil Dee and his brother Mr. Walt (aka Da Beat Minerz) earned the respect of hip-hop fans and critics alike. The Source magazine called it "a welcome return to the days when rap consistently reflected true musical and lyrical integrity." Three hit singles, "Who Got da Props, "How Many Mc's (must get dissed)" and "I Got Cha Opin" helped propel album sales past the triple-platinum mark.After six years of legal and internal strife, the trio returned with War Zone, released on Duck Down Records in the spring of 1999.

Roc Raida - X-ecutioners-NYC
"As One" 1991 1st Place
"Supermen Battle" 1991 2nd Place
DMC US Finals 1992 2nd Place
Roc Raida's quest culminated in the 1994 / 1995 DMC World Championship in London where he was crowned as 1995 DMC World Champion. After becoming the world champ, Raida found himself traveling to places like Turkey, Singapore, the UK, Japan, Switzerland, Australia, Germany, and even Lebanon to exhibit his skills. This past year while attending a DJ panel atCleveland's Rock-N-Roll hall of fame, Roc Raida was christened a Grand Master by some of Hip Hop's founding fathers.

Evil Dee & Butta L -Black Moon,Beatminerz-NYC

E.O.W(end of the weak) -
E.O.W. is a driving force in the New York City underground hip-hop scene as hosts of the city's premier open mic event, concert organizers and creators of the MC Challenge.

Kech -Stuck On Earth-NYC

Ian Dollar$ -Stuck On Earth-Long Island,NY

HardCore & Techno Room

FRANKIE BONES - BROOKLYN NY
(SONIC GROOVE, EAST MUSIC)

ROB GEE - NYC - NJ
(ADAM RECORDINGS, NATAS PRODUCTIONS, LA CORESA NOSTRA)

DIGITAL BOY - ITALY
(D-BOY BLACK LABEL, ADAM MANAGEMENT)

LENNY DEE - BROOKLYN NY
(INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH, LA CORESA NOSTRA)

ADAM X - BROOKLYN NY
(SONIC GROOVE, EAST MUSIC)

DELIRIUM - NJ
(LA CORESA NOSTRA)

JEN MAS - BRONX NY
(VITUS PRODUCTIONS, ADAM MANAGEMENT, LA CORESA NOSTRA)

MEGRIM - MASSACHUSETTS
(TRUE PRODUCTIONS, ADAM MANAGEMENT, LA CORESA NOSTRA)

BIZZO - NJ
(ADAM MANAGEMENT, LA CORESA NOSTRA)

TRACATACK - CONNETICUTT
(VITUS PRODUCTIONS, ADAM MANAGEMENT, LA CORESA NOSTRA)

The Dungeon

Circuit Breaker-611 Records-Philly

Gil-T- True Productions-Mass

Mike Myers-611 rec-NYC

Knowledge-Columns Of Knowledge-Conn.

JJ Blades- Spiritual Emporium-Conn.

Drea 192-Break Junkies-NYC

Pauly -Sympty-NYC/NJ

Action Jackson- Hipstep 3000 records, Junglist League..Washington D.C.

KOSMIC HUSTLA & XONEL SMART-611 Rec., Stuck On Earth-Philly

Howhard-Topaz Records-Long Island, NY

DANK-Funky Elements-Long Island, NY

Prime vs. Dj Definition- Bass Connection-Long Island/NYC

Goodfella- Liquid Fire Productions, Groove Network, Mars Graf-x

Security Restrictions
No weapons,drugs, FLYERS

AGE 19+ with valid ID

Visuals-funk taxi 1533 -Get ready for the most amazing visuals you will ever witness. There unique style and oringallity witch no other company's can match

HOTELS: FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE COMING FROM OUT OF STATE WE SUGGEST MAKING RESERVATIONS AT THE FOLLOWING HOTELS.
New Yorker-212-301-2285 hilton-212-355-3000 crown plaza-212-986-8800 sheraton-212-581-1000

BUS TRIPS: ALL PROMOTERS WHO ARE INTERESTED IN DOING A BUS TRIP PLEASE CALL (212) 780-4614 Or E-mail [email protected]

VENDING: PLEASE CALL 212-780-4614 Or E-mail [email protected]

TICKETPRICE: $40 IN ADVANCE ONLY
WE ARE ONLY SELLING 3,000 TICKETS FOR THIS SPECAIL EVENT
PLEASE PURCHASE TICKETS IN ADAVANCE. THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT. BE SURE TO ONLY PURCHACE TICKETS FROM THE OUTLETS LISTED BELOW.

**PLEASE PURCHASE TICKETS IN ADAVANCE. BE SURE TO ONLY PURCHACE TICKETS FROM THE OUTLETS LISTED BELOW.

Tickets on sale now @ www.ticketweb.com

TICKET LOCATIONS:

NYC
SATELLITE- 212.995.1744
SONIC GROOVE-212-765-5284
BREAKBEAT SCIENCE-212-995-2592

LONG ISLAND
EAST-WEST631-451-0034

NJ
CAFÉ SOUNDS-973-509-2233
VIP RECORDS-732-866-9984

PENNSYLVANIA
611 RECORDS215-413-3150

MASSACHUSETTS
SATELLITE-617-536-5482
GROWROOM-617-549-9296

CONNECTICUT
SPIRITUAL EMPORIUM-860-524-9719

ON THE WEB-WWW.TICKETWEB.COM
CHARGE BY PHONE-1-800-965-4827
www.Spinfoil.com
www.clubplanet.com

TICKETMASTER
212-307-7171, 845-454-3388, 201-507-8900, 631-888-9000, 609-520-8383, 203-624-0033
WWW.TICKETMASTER.COM
The Wiz,Tower Records, Scotti's record shops, HMV Records Stores, Filene's,Compact Disc World,
J&R Music World, Ritmo Latino

Webster Hall
125 E. 11th Street
New York City, NY
Travel by Car
From outside Manhattan take any bridge or tunnel into NYC.
From the East side, take the FDR to 14th Street or to Houston Street, Exit, go west to 3rd Avenue(from the north) and turn left (heading South), or Bowery heading north from Houston, go east to 11th Street at the Sony Theater.)
From the West Side Take the West Side Highway to 14th St. or West Houston St.-Go East to Third Ave. (Heading South) or Bowery (heading North) To East 11th St·.(at Sony Theater.)
Travel by Subway
Take the N R 4 5 6 or L to Union Square/14th St. Walk to the corner of 14th St. and 4th Ave-Walk downtown 3 blocks to 11th St and make a left. You can't miss it. There is no thru traffic on 11th St.
Parking
Street parking is Advailable
Three local garages are:
KEY PARKING CORP.
115 E. 9th Street (Between 3rd and 4th Ave.)

STEWART HOUSE
Corner of 4th Ave. and 9th Street

KINNEY SYSTEM
220 E. 9th Street
(Between 2nd and 3rd Ave)

Contest
Cash Prizes For Best costume & breakdance/lock and pop contest

Free Giveaways From Topaz Records, Moonshine Records, Tree House Recordings,

Last edited:
Fuck... I don't have time to finish editing it to make it purrrty.

I can't go...cause I got to work the next day... but the lineup looks fabulous.

I did a search for Boo 8 and didn't turn up anything, so I assume no one has gotten around to posting it yet. I am editing most of the bio's to make them not so long and the post easier to read through.

Last edited:
Hmmm. The final Boo is indoors and at night. I don't quite know how I feel about that.

We'll see though, I very well could end up there.

i can honestly say that there is nothing at this lineup that impresses me. i can see any of these dj's headline an event that isn't in the city and is around $20 cheaper.... and so much for SOE not having hip hop anymore....

but it's not outside in the cold driving rain

oh wow!

i've yet to be to one...hopefully i'll be around.

so much about this line-up that reminds me of last year. cant SOE do anything different for once.

8o WOW 8o

great finalie for BOO and at Webster Hall too!! NICE
ummmm I'm 100% there. Theres nothing that is going to keep me from attending this party!!

and to all you people that have issues with SOE, stop hating, because while you feel that you have a bad time at their events, people like myself always have fun & make the best of being at their events especially with the friends I came there with to party with

uh... what line up last year?

That was one of the reasons I was happy to see this party back indoors! And Webster Hall brings back such fond memories of happier days.... i really wish I could go. Stuck on Earth or not... Webster Hall was at least $20 to get into and I *think* that was on the guest list.

Call me a hater all you want... but you couldn't pay me to go to another SOE event, not after Boo7. We all made the best of it and still had fun, but COME ON.

boo 7 it rained. thats why it was awful for you guys. this party is indoors. i know i got up the day of boo7 and saw the rain and said fuck that. im glad i did :)

im just curious as to what six rooms they are using in webster hal? I can think of three that i saw, and only one of em is of decent size..

I might be going to this but I'm not sure yet. All my energy and anticipation is focused totally on STARSCAPE =D

Line-up doesn't impress me much (but as my love for electronic music is fading, not much impresses me anymore :( )

But I do intend to spend lots of time up north in the months to come, since I'm heading up north to live soon =D

We'll see

i don't know....these dj's don't impress me much because i can see them at any event around the northeast. no offense to the crews up here but this is the caliber of dj's that they bring in. past SOE events have brought huge names and great talent, the dj's here i've seen 8 or 9 times. i remember looking at SOE parties and creaming my pants cuz the lineup was amazing. this kinda does nothing for me. don't get me wrong feelgood and glaude are off the hook but they aren't amazing enough to see them a tenth time

and i'm all about techno, and they stick hardcore with it? that ruins it for me

im with kdub with the techno... WHERE IS IT?! i dont see any top notch techno, moreless any top notch djs, this line up doesnt impress me one bit. But aside from my bitching ill be there, boo's are my excuse to get the f out of ohio for a weekend and go kick it in a fun city, ud think since its the last BOO that they wouldnt have a max of only 3000ppl, thats lame in its own. None the less, i better see a bar somewhere in there lol.

We can always go to NYC for the weekend, skip Boo, and just hit up all the cool Boo pre and after parties with sweet djs for less $$. =D

(I really will use any good excuse to go to NYC and just kick it, methinks. Being kidnapped peaked my curiousity.)

So it looks like I'm alone getting all starry eyed for this party. I've had some good times in Webster Hall. I can't even wipe the smile off my face thinking about it. =D I've looked forward to this lineup, as I have with most SOE events. I see a line up filled with my old favorites, DJs who've made we "whooooot" throughout the years, performing at Stuck On Earth's final Boo... it just seems fitting. This year it's in a venue I've never had a bad time in. Even if a couple DJs drop or don't show, it's solid enough that I'll have something good to dance to for the majority, if not all of the party.

I'm kinda hoping they go out Ramones style and throw at least a couple "farewell" parties.... because if this is their last, that's gonna suck. I can't help but get sentimental about losing a part of the scene that's been there since the beginning.... regardless of their track record.

This is BOO, I can't not go... especially if it will be the very last one forever... Boo 5 was awesome.. and yes, they kinda fucked up on both 6 and 7, but something tells me this is gonna be different. At least I know it wont rain inside the place.. heh..

So whoever is going, I'll see you there :)

The only thing thats kind of fucked up is that its on a Sunday night into Monday morning..

Why the fuck would they waste money to get Liquid Todd, this lineup should be 25 bucks, fuck 40.

Not quite sure about this one. I am most liely gonna go because it is the last Boo party...but...webster hall?? No huge DJs? I mean... DJ Dan is a damn good DJ, but he is the biggest name on the list? Where is Richie Hawtin, BT, and Green Velvet? Nothing huge to impress me, but most likely will be going...

i was talking to people last night, and these are rumors mind you. SOE isn't going away, they are just going into the club circuit/club oriented events

now that's what i heard last night from a promoter, and no i will not name any names

and katie i'm with you on the pre/afterparty idea...that would rock, RAWK STYLE