R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Boys: have you had same-sex thoughts? POLL CLOSED - results pg. 8

Guys: have you had same-sex thoughts?

• No, never. Or very rarely.

Votes: 120 23.2%
  • Yes, once or twice; but I don't think I'd ever act on it.

Votes: 127 24.6%
  • Yes I have... and I might experiment if the situation felt right.

Votes: 122 23.6%
  • Yes, definitely. And I've kissed/had a physical experience with another guy.

Votes: 71 13.7%
  • Yes, and I have had sex with another guy.

Votes: 77 14.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaos Butterfly said:
I am not someone who believes that everyone is bisexual - it would be useful however as there are some straight boys that I would definitely like to 'experiment' with ;)
A house mate that I once had was gay and tended to be attracted only to straight men. The poor guy was constantly agonizing over his selection of sex partners who were always out of his reach. I sometimes wondered if it was solely their being straight males which raised the spark of arousal in him (a kind of self sabotage), or if there were queues which straight males tend to put out which he picked up on and aroused him.

Chaos Butterfly said:
I can understand how you would be offended by the blanket statement, and as I stated before it was naive, I'm not sure exactly what Sir Jac was basing it on, although it is a concept that has been around for a while - valid or not.
This is why I made that somewhat ridiculous statement about bisexuals not being able to comprehend monosexuals IF they use themselves as an orientation model. If one is polysexual and perceives their sexual versatility, then it would make sense to think that everyone else is also that way, but that they are not "free."

This doesn't have anything to do with someone who is polysexual not being able to understanding that monosexual people are one sex'ed. It is more so how I think many people come to the conclusion that "all people are bisexual, and the ones that say they are not are [not quite right]." It is a common assumption, and when questioned as to how they have arrived at this conclusion, it always turns out to be "I'm this way, therefore everyone else is this way." :)

It is always a case of being more attracted to what you can't have. That is why I am attracted to some straight males, but then I will rarely do anything about it unless I know the person well, and then I will give them my standard speech: Hey I would like to sleep with you, however I know that you probably don't want to have a sexual relationship with a guy, but if you do change your mind and want to experiment, I'll be here :)

This works surprisingly regularly, well in 3 cases anyway ;)

As far as the "I'm this way, therefore everyone else is this way" statement, I agree that it is a self-deluding statement that unfortunately makes people feel better about themselves or their experimentation, as if everyone is doing it, that means that I am normal right, right? You are correct when you say it is a common assumption, and in this case it does make an ass out of U and mption as it does have its inherent flaws :)

CB :)

Great Discussion!!!!!!! I personally grew up in a very restricted, closed minded environment where absolute adherence to Christian morality and views about sexuality was strictly enforced. Once I removed myself from this environment, I sought out a "normal" relationship with someone I learned later was incapable of even maintaining a normal sexual relationship. The guilt and baggage this person carried around was incredible, for me this relationship became like a prison, so when things went badly, I eventually sought to end it.

I began to seek solace in a friend I had made, she was open enough to introduce me to people who had much more experience and open views of sexuality than I. We had a sort of support group for freaky people we called "Family Talk". The group was very ecclectic, straight ( but freaky) , lesbian couples, gay couples, bi-sexuals, even a transsexual. We'd meet once or twice a month, sit around and discuss our sexuality and explore the psychology and sociology of it as well. SOMETIMES, actually sex acts occurred in the course of the discussion, but it never regressed to an open orgy. For instance, a gay couple participated in mutual oral sex in front of about 10 other people to illustrate the fact that homosexual sex was just as sensual, passionate and loving as sex between straight couples. Some of the straight people in the room expressed that they held the opinion that homosexual sex was violent. It was an open forum, sometimes with demonstrative interaction, but mostly verbal interaction. It was a unique time in my life.

Near the end of this period, in the course of one particular meeting the issue of labels came up and I expressed the view that my own view of my sexuality had changed in the course of our discussions. Some one asked me how I now viewed myself versus how I viewed myself when I entered the group. I said I was in denial when I entered the group, and had then called myself straight, but that I now viewed myself as "Omni-sexual". I viewed this term as one that shed the conventional view ( and label ) of sexuality, and although I had no experience with same-sex relationships ( except those I had seen in the group setting ) I was now considering exploring a more open lifestyle.

Since then, I have had relationships with both men and women, I have found I enjoy sex with men equally well as with women, and that emotionally both sexes are equally gratifying. I still maintain my own terms of who I am sexually, I maintain that no one can pigeon-hole my sexuality unless I accept it. I agree with the idea that sexuality is a social construct, and that people LEARN sexual acceptable behavior from their environment (I believe this was expressed by Morrison's Lament near the beginning of this thread). We have become so used to the idea of a hetero-sexual based society in the past 15 to 20 centuries, that most people cannot conceive anything but the status quo.

There have been societies that have embraced same-sex social behavior through out history, but none of them survive because of the current religious mores dictate such contact is taboo. Many powerful and successful societies in our history have embraced same-sex social behavior. MOST Roman soldiers maintained a male lover, usually a fellow soldier. MOST also maintained a hetero-sexual family at home as well. They believed maintaining BOTH strengthened the unit cohesion within the Roman Legions and promoted loyalty to fight for those at home.

You can put whatever label on me you wish, I am unconcerned with labels. I currently am in the best most loving and wonderful relationship of my life, with a woman who, like me, is "omni-sexual". We have a wonderful sex-life, we practice safe-sex when we have sex with others outside our relationship, and it's all between consenting, safe, sane adults. I don't have a single regret. I don't condemn others for their choices, and don't judge them for their behavior. I feel unless you're hurting or violating someone elses rights then what you do in your bedroom is and should remain your own business.

so... ya. i'm a guy..
i love girls, always will
but i find the IDEA of messing around to one extent or another with a guy to be accpetable....
i do enjoy sexual stimulation that many people would lable as gay(thank goodness my gf(who is bi) is happy to provide)
but..
i havent yet found a guy who i feel attracted to....

so while i have experimented with sexual stimulation normally thought to be "gay" with my gf, i would be open to doing those things with a guy, if i found him attractive...
but that hasnt happened yet...
chew on that

^^^ thats natural, I mean, lots of straight guys enjoy perceived typically 'gay' acts such as anal but not from a guy. Your body is made to like many of these things regardless of who/what you are having sex with.

It also depends on what you find attractive in a guy lol.

Many gay people that I know initially held the belief that they had to 'act' gay, with the poncy accent and everything, in order to get a guy. But stereotypes like that are so inappropriate now, its great.

Personally, I could never like a guy that effeminate regardless of what he looked like, I mean, it'd be like having sex with a girl lol

^^^ i can agree with that... i very much dislike effeminate guys, and i also dislike overly macho guys...
i guess if i found a guy attractive, hed prolly be just... "normal"
but i am mos def intreasted in experimenting....

well, you could always find someone who is equally interested? someone who is attractive to you that is ;)

thats the kicker... like i said, i havent really met a guy i was attracted to...

^and if you ever do, you will know it, just like with a woman . . . I never really even gave much thought to being bi until I saw the first guy that I was really, seriously attracted to . . . took a while to sink in and be accepted, but if it ever happens it happens . . . and if it don't it don't, but I really just suggest to anyone that if it ever does happen (if it hasn't already) just not to suppress those feelings and give it a shot. If you feel it so deep that you know it suppressing it will just cause you problems with yourself. :)

A few days ago, at an open mic here in Boston, the hostess said, "Straight is the new gay", which kind of tripped me out.

I do agree that heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual... all these things are labels. Perhaps through these labels people limit themselves one way or another. Many guys when they first come out, come out as bisexual. The very fact that we need to come out, and society naturally assumes heterosexuality is kind of ludicrous!

When I first came out, I said I was bi, and I certainly knew that I wasn't. I have at times found some females to be attractive, but never really felt anything beyond that- usually I find my friends attractive. It can be sort of confusing sometimes... am I gay or bi (but still just labels), but I know that the idea of sex with a girl is a turn off...

Maybe in the end, who we love passionately and compassionately, does not amount to gender at all, but sexual desire may be differently inclined. Its weird to dissect one's own sexuality, because at the core, it feels instinctual. Some drugs have allowed me to see the very core of physical attraction, where big things that stick out and are phallic shapes have turned me on, and things which are not, haven't. But that's sex, which is a part of love, but maybe only in our minds. Love may exist without sex, and because of the social filters in our brains, we come to conclusions which may not be correct.

Oh well.

anfalicious said:
I did an entire essay for english in yr 12 on how bisexuality is the only true sexuality, and that labelling yourself homosexual or heterosexual was only necessary if you have problems with who you are.

Quite a few of my close guy friends in the past have also expressed interest...i think its just natural for us to want to explore and seek love from others...just girls are in a more supportive environment in which they can recognise this

yes, yes i have had same-sex thoughts. and still do.
yes, yes i have had same-sex kissing. and i still will.
yes, yes i have had same-sex sex. and yeah, ill still do that too.

but then again, i am gay, so go figure :D

I don't want to say that I will never do anthing, It's just that guys don't atract me. That could change though.

Reading about all these boys who are open to a little bi-phallic intimacy gets me all riled up...im just a sicko perv, I guess ;)

I know the question goes the other way, but I actually relate to the guys who are pretty much straight but have found themselves sexually attracted to one or more guys.

I am definitely gay. The more time that passes since I got divorced and came out, the more I am in tune with my inate desires as opposed to the ones that were engrained in me by my upbringing, the more I realize my prinicpal and overwhelming attraction is to men (physically, emotionally, etc).

That being said, there are select female friends of mine who get more and more attractive to me the more I know them to the point where if I just really think they are cool (and of course booty-licious) I find myself really wanting to enjoy some no strings attached (yet connected on a friend level) intense sexual fun with them.

Unfortunately I don't get to act out on this because Scott is just so repulsed by the idea of sex with women that he remains deadset against the idea of me fulfilling those desires. I can fuck any boy I want, but the thought of me revisiting the days of mind-altering sex with women is just too much for him right now.

But Im working on him. Not too intently mind you. I mean I'd like to have a rock-star fuck session with a few of my female friends, but Im not so aggro about it that I would constantly be pushing at Scott to give the okay.

Anyway, prolly more info than anyone wants to hear. but reading the responses just got me thinking about this stuff.

Dan1584 said:
Obviously it's more acceptable in our society for 2 girls to make out in a club than it is for 2 guys to make out in a club.

Not if you're in San Francisco

Sort of addresses a few points that have been raised...

Parte the firste...

In the ninteen-forties an American zoologist, named Alfred Kinsey, did some of the most extensive early research into human sexuality in the west. It never occured to him not to tackle the research the same way he would if he were studying any other animal. One of his most quoted findings is that roughly 10% of the population were purely homosexual, 10% purely heterosexual and the remaining 80% lay somewhere in between these extremes. His findings have been (and continue to be) controversial.

Lots of studies have been done trying to disprove this old 10% - 10% - 80% breakdown. Few credible ones have had much success. To the best of my knowledge, they have all found that a large chunk of the population is potentially bisexual.

'Potentially bisexual' means that a person need not act on both same- and opposite-sex attractions. Only that there be situations where they could/would be sexually attracted to and/or active with people of either sex.

If those figures are even roughly true then it shouldn't really be surprising that such a high percentage of people are prepared to admit to some same-sex attraction/curiousity/experience.

Parte the seconde...

I don't think that the figures I gave above have anything to do with whether people are gay, straight or otherwise. I think that gay and straight are labels that refer to lifestyles - to social identity. They're words about our friends and our hobbies, our politics and our way of seeing our Self. In a way I think of them as the names of two prevailing social scripts that people in western cultures have readily available to them. They're about our own expectations about how our life story will unfold.

Homosexual. Heterosexual. Bisexual. These are not lifestyles. They are labels that describe whether or not a person has the physiological and emotional capacity to respond sexually to a member of the same sex, the opposite sex or some combination of the two. It says absolutely nothing about whther they ever will, or not. It doesn't even say a lot about how aware some people are of their underlying sexuality.

If the right circumstances have never come up then it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of folks wander around assuming they're heterosexual until something or some one makes them take a serious look at it.

The Ende

Sorry about the length of that one. It got away on me. I hope it was as relevant as it seemed when my wired little mind peered out through the pinholes that were my pupils yesterday and I started typing.

When I was 15 (I'm now 20) I stayed at a friend house for the night. He had a tent setup in the Backyard. We both slept in the tent and decided to have a wank together. He told me he was wanking over a bird he saw in a tree.

This was quite a wierd experience. Not one I'd do again :D

100% Straight here.

Shal

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.