• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Addiction Bumped into an old Connect Today...

endlessnameless

Bluelighter
EDIT: Mods please feel free to move this to a more suitable section if necessary - I couldnt decide where to put it.

So after trying just about everything to stay away from using opiates, I managed to stay away for about a week without using anything at all before I reached the point where I had been awake for 6 days and could barely function/communicate. I ended up calling up connects to try to get some sleeping tablets but to no avail so I reluctantly used purely to get some sleep. I've come to the conclusion that Lyrica, benzos, weaning nor cold turkey (especially) isnt going to work for me so after bumping into a old contact of mine today, I'm going to try what worked for me before: low dose amphetamines, just enough to get my ass up out of bed and out of the house as opposed to lying in bed for up to a fortnight and more than likely relapsing.

I'll only be using it for no longer than 7-10 days, and I'm also going to either pick up some hash or some benzos to bring myself down if/when the need be.
I've used this method a couple of times before and every time I've been able to get off opioids. I managed to get off a two year Methadone script and off heroin three times in the passed using this particular method and at this point I really dont think I have anything to lose because nothing else is working and I'm certainly not going back on methadone again.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this method themselves before?

Managed to get a little bit of hash - enough for about three decent sized joints along with 6 10mg Tranax (Alprazolam). I'll use the Tranax over the course of the next few days in order to sleep and keep the hash for if and when I do decide to go the low dose amphetamine route in order to 'come down' as I woudn't feel safe using them on top of uppers to be honest. Still unsure if I'm going to go that route although I probably will. Christ alive I cannot stop sweating; so incredibly irritating.

In any case - I'll keep regular updates via this thread in regards to how things go over the next 7-10 or so days. I just cant wait to have *me* back - I miss my self so much. The last two years have been truly a nightmare for me what with my father passing away suddenly from cancer which we didnt even know he had until he was diagnosed with Stage 4 approximately six weeks before he passed away, then trying to process and deal with it which I definitely havent properly done yet, which is something thats going to hit me like a train as soon as my emotions begin returning but I'm ready to face it and move forward.

Last edited: