Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Canada - 'Disgraced' police officer's role dooms charges in $30M drug bust

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
'Disgraced' police officer's role dooms charges in $30M drug bust
Jason Proctor
CBC
February 14th, 2024

After seizing more than $30 million worth of drugs, cash and weapons three years ago, Victoria police congratulated themselves on the arrests of three men they called members of an organized fentanyl trafficking ring — one of them a paroled murderer.

Today the case lies in tatters. Charges against all three were quietly stayed following the revelation that the initial probe included an officer who was himself under criminal investigation.

The fate of Project Juliet is detailed in court documents claiming investigators tried to hide the fact "disgraced former Victoria police officer" Rob Ferris was involved in the investigation by claiming it began in June 2020 when it actually started more than a month earlier.

"Not only did police not mention the first investigation, they obscured it," Justice Catherine Murray wrote.

"Through their actions investigators misled the Crown, defence and the justices that issued authorizations and warrants into believing that the investigation commenced in June 2020."

Read the full story here.

Always nice to see the cops have their misbehaviour blow up in their faces. Props to the defence lawyer(s).

Hey, without lies, falsified evidence, lying witnesses who are given immunity, planted evidence and search warrants under falsified pretenses where would the war on drugs be? Lol

Hey, without lies, falsified evidence, lying witnesses who are given immunity, planted evidence and search warrants under falsified pretenses where would the war on drugs be? Lol
Getting valid convictions on real evidence with witnesses telling the truth about 80% of the time at least.

There's so many stupid people doing stupid things trying to sell drugs and import drugs. They don't have to falsify anything.

Half these idiots basically have a sign that says I'm selling illegal drugs, arrest me.

Getting valid convictions on real evidence with witnesses telling the truth about 80% of the time at least.

There's so many stupid people doing stupid things trying to sell drugs and import drugs. They don't have to falsify anything.

Half these idiots basically have a sign that says I'm selling illegal drugs, arrest me.
Okay, maybe you almost have a point, I am an insomniac and I may have confused it with so many other criminal cases where the cops do illegal shit. I live in an area known for this. However I have read and seen too many bullshit cases to ever trust LEO'S. I have lived too long and read too much, and seen so many cases of bullshit. The worst thing I ever got nailed for was a DUI( which was due to my fucked up liver. Long story, but the cop made multiple lies to cover up his incompetence and many run ins with the law when I drank and all they do is lie and make shit up. I have them lie like mother fuckers and try nailing me on shit that has nothing to do with me. But having them lie to me many times and having read all the bullshit cases, makes me trust them about as far as my dead dog could throw them. You do have a point about many drug users doing stupid shit. However, I've seen these idiots try to fuck with me, and I have caught them in their lies. They can lie on warrants, make up false probable cause and do whatever, somehow they break the law and get away with it. Not only that, here in the USA we have constitutional rights, that the cops,feds, da's and the courts trample with impunity.

Okay, maybe you almost have a point, I am an insomniac and I may have confused it with so many other criminal cases where the cops do illegal shit. I live in an area known for this. However I have read and seen too many bullshit cases to ever trust LEO'S. I have lived too long and read too much, and seen so many cases of bullshit. The worst thing I ever got nailed for was a DUI( which was due to my fucked up liver. Long story, but the cop made multiple lies to cover up his incompetence and many run ins with the law when I drank and all they do is lie and make shit up. I have them lie like mother fuckers and try nailing me on shit that has nothing to do with me. But having them lie to me many times and having read all the bullshit cases, makes me trust them about as far as my dead dog could throw them. You do have a point about many drug users doing stupid shit. However, I've seen these idiots try to fuck with me, and I have caught them in their lies. They can lie on warrants, make up false probable cause and do whatever, somehow they break the law and get away with it. Not only that, here in the USA we have constitutional rights, that the cops,feds, da's and the courts trample with impunity.
I'm not commenting on this specific case. I'm commenting on the broad brush strokes that you used to say that basically all drug convictions are based on fabricated evidence which is not true at all.

Mine was a knee jersey reaction to many cases that are bullshit, with illegal searches; ever had that happen to you?
I have dealt with bullshit and I was always a drunk, not into drugs other than my perscriptions after I had to stop drinking. I have had them lie, violate my rights and the law and on couple of occasions where I was dead sober minding my own business. Long hair ain't probable cause and I have had the cops lie on their reports to cover up their incompetence and try to get me in more trouble. Luckily my record has a bunch of minor shit, a DUI being the worst. I had gold necklace stolen by the staff when I was in the county jail once. My reaction is based on mistreatment, lies and all the bullshit I have read about and seen and heard. Cops always lie about their searches and many times make up probable cause. If the cops can't follow the law, then the system is screwed.