• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Creating new substances from Indoles. (MedicinalUser SAR thread)

This one's a hallucinogen. It's chemical structure is 5,6-Dimethoxy-N-Dimethyl-2-benzofuranpropan-2-amine.

This one's a hallucinogen and stimulant. It's chemical structure is 1,2-Cyclohexyl-8-purine-5-oxazole-2-amine.

Here's another one. It's chemical structure is 5,6-Dimethoxy-7-hydroxy-N-methyl-2-indole-1-aminopentane.

Here's another one like that one. It's chemical structure is N-Cyclopyrrolone-4-methylimidazopyridine.

I've come up with another sleep aid. It's chemical structure is 2-(Diphenylmethoxy)-N,N-imidazopyridine.

If you post pictures of the compounds you draw, it would help with discussing them, as there is often some ambiguity in naming.

You have done it before, and I recall it stimulated some good discussion when you did.

I don't have much to add about your Z-drug analogs from recent posts. I'm unfamiliar with the nuances of that scaffold, though there are a lot of analogs that never went to market.

Well I tried posting picture's and it wouldn't work. Anyway, I had another design that just popped inside my head this morning. It isn't an Indole, but it's related to P.C.P. It's chemical structure is 2-(Diphenylmethoxy)-N,N-cyclohexylamine.

https://imageshack.com/i/pmzapGuXp I'm just wondering. Is it possible to make TetrahydroTryptamine ? Such as a cross between T.H.C and DMT ? Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. Click on the above link. Tell me what you think.

Sorry, I don’t know anything about complex chemistry, but I suspect trying to hydrogenate the trip to main molecule destroy the structure unless done very carefully and selectively.
Anyway, if possible, I’m sure it would make a very interesting molecule.

Do you think you could create a caffeine molecule lacking the two oxygen atoms. for example, replacing the two oxygens with hydrogen.
I don’t know why, but I kind of find it interesting when the oxygen or halogens are removed from a drug molecule leaving going to carbon hydrogen and nitrogen.
Hope that makes sense

Caffeine is a very interesting molecule. You can actually make analogues from it. For example 1,3,7-Trimethyl-3,7-dihydro-1H-purine-2,6-dione-8-methylpropan-2-amine. That's caffeine with an amphetamine like link to it.

This caffeine analogue has XTC like effects. It's chemical structure is 1,2-Furazan-3,7-dimethyl-3,7-dihydro-1H-purine-6-one.

Last edited:
Here's another caffeine analog. Its chemical structure is 1,2-Dimethyl-8-(diphenylmethoxy)-N,N-purine.

Here's another one. It's chemical structure is N-Methyl-8-purinenonane-2-amine.

Last edited:
Ok, this one isn't an indole, but it was on my mind. Its chemical structure is 3,4-Furazan-N-methyl-1-phenylnonane-2-amine.

Here's another caffeine analogue. It's chemical structure is 1,2-Dimethyl-8-purinepropan-2-amine.

Sorry, as I don’t know anything about chemical structure could you give the general chemical formula for this compound and the others?
Specifically, are there any caffeine analogues that have no oxygen in their molecule?
That’s what I’m particularly interested in.
Thanks in advance