• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Damn Coke Fiends - BE CAREFUL - PLUR

Yeah, I was not trying to be discrete at all - I thought about that and thought to myself "who cares" - but getting second hand advice made me think twice so thank you. roffel - good moderator :/
[ 25 December 2002: Message edited by: tyc0 ]

yes, let the aura of PLUR radiate your reality as long as you keep in TOUCH with your reality.
Anyone who believes in that plur shit is not in touch with reality. It's just not a realistic way to live, unless you guys are living on a different planet than the rest of us. Maybe I'm jaded, but I'm also a realist.

Originally posted by Crimson Cloud:

Anyone who believes in that plur shit is not in touch with reality. It's just not a realistic way to live, unless you guys are living on a different planet than the rest of us. Maybe I'm jaded, but I'm also a realist.

word

Originally posted by Crimson Cloud:

god i hate this shit.. but ill give a stab at it anyhow...
peace, love, unity, and respect. its a fucking GOOD concept. i follow it 100%. i dont ever say the words "plur" seriously because its pretty lame, and the ideals have been killed out.
but seriously, whats wrong with it? is it wrong to be peaceful, be able to love, and respect eachother? generally, im a really nice person, i dont let people walk all over me, but im not an asshole. i feel that ive lived the ideals of "plur" faar before i even knew what plur was.
it doesnt mean i live in a dream land, it has nothing at all to do with ecstacy or raves.. it just means im not an asshole. im realistic, if people dont show me the same respect i give them, chances are shits not gonna go well.
its just too bad the whole "plur" thing has turned into a fluffly ball of etarded candykid bullshit.

but seriously, whats wrong with it?
It doesn't work in the real world.
It's a good concept, yeah...but then again, so was communism.
[ 25 December 2002: Message edited by: Crimson Cloud ]

Coke is one of the lamest drugs I have ever used for the following reasons:
it is always cut with things I would rather not be snorting, it's expensive, it doesn't last for very long, the high is put to shame by perfectly clean adderal, it makes people inconsiderate assholes, despite the shitty high one wants more when they come down, the rest of the comedown sucks, and I have heard too many stories about people dying because of a coke deal.
Fuck coke, and fuck those punks. It sucks learning these lessons the hard way.
peace

If you think adderall puts coke to shame, then you've never really been high on coke. Shoot 100 mg. of pure coke and get back to me. But pretty much everything else about it does suck, besides the feeling it gives you(just like most bitches ;) ). But that feeling.... it's worth dealing with all the bullshit, in my opinion. So don't be talkin shit 'bout mah baaaby.

Peace, love, unity, and respect not working in this world? It works in my world. If you treat others as you would like to be treated, it all works. If that means you occasionally get screwed by the haters in the world, then so be it. I just choose to build my world around those that hold those values as close to their hearts as I do. All others are not welcome in my world. If the people in your world are not treating you with peace, love, unity, and respect, then change your world. Make new friends, find another job, whatever it takes. Life is too short to be living in a world full of haters.
BTW-I hate cocaine because I have seen too many people ruin their lives over it. Many, many people. It is really sad. The problem is that no one knows whose soul cocaine will kill and who will be able to overcome. I don't believe in taking that chance.

Peace, love, unity, and respect not working in this world? It works in my world. If you treat others as you would like to be treated, it all works. If that means you occasionally get screwed by the haters in the world, then so be it. I just choose to build my world around those that hold those values as close to their hearts as I do. All others are not welcome in my world. If the people in your world are not treating you with peace, love, unity, and respect, then change your world. Make new friends, find another job, whatever it takes. Life is too short to be living in a world full of haters.
Thank you for proving my point. I originally said:
Im talking about the REAL WORLD. In your words, you seem to be living in your own little world. The word reality pertains to life in the real world, not "your world". Keep going around thinking that if you treat people with "plur" and they will treat you the same, and see how far it gets you. Nowhere. Oh wait, I forgot...you don't live in our world, you live in "your world".
Im not saying you shouldn't be nice to people, but I want to gouge peoples eyes out with a rusty screwdriver when they come around talking that "PLUR" shit.
[ 25 December 2002: Message edited by: Crimson Cloud ]

^^^
I mean what insearchofpeace meant when he said "your world" or "my world" was his perception of reality. In his reality he has decided to treat people with compassion, and use the term "PLUR" to give his actions an identity and it works for him. Maybe to him "PLUR" is just a way of describing how he approaches the world, and not the godawful phrase e-tards seem to spout whenever they're so fucked they can't see a metre in front of them. I myself treat the world with what is called "compassion" in buddist texts, but could easily be mistaken for "PLUR". Just because he has decided to use a certain phrase, does this make his lifestyle any less valid?
In your reality (which you've arrogantly reffered to as "our" world) you think otherwise, that treating people in a compassionate way is useless and cannot get you anywhere.
You'll notice that you both live in the same world, but have different perceptions on how it should be dealt with. Every person in the world has a different perception of reality, that's what creates "identity", don't be stupid in thinking that your perception of reality is how everyone else perceives it.
Hassling someone just because they perceive reality in a different (and harmless) way does nothing but highlight your own flaws.

Lots of insight here - but it is my fault for the friction because I have not clearified what PLUR means to me or how I implied its concept.
I included PLUR in my topic title to merely prove the point that the only way for a party to be TRUE and to function and be successful is for the concept and ideals of PLUR to be a factor and a driving force.
I am not a kandy kid. I do not abuse the term PLUR by trivializing it through means of sociality - I use PLUR and believe in PLUR to be a very meaningful and effective concept, which can be used properly.
It is a very true statement to say PLUR is not realistic, especially on the streets of life, but it is also plausible to say that the concept can be applied to real life.
I see myself to be as true to the music scene as possible. Sometimes I think I am an elitist, but thats besides the point. I do not think PLUR is the solution to every problem, drug related especially, but I think PLUR needs to have an active role.
Also, those coke fiends who kicked our ass are simply a bunch of criminals. They had nothing to do with our little rave, or electronic music in general. They were just selfish party goers. So plur and concepts related to electronic music culture should not be correlated with them or their mindsets. One of the agressors is in jail for 6 years now for violating his probation and I was told these people would not have "hesitated to shoot someone" - so you see what kind of people they are.
[ 26 December 2002: Message edited by: tyc0 ]

The thought of coke is very disturbing. The essence of coke is disturbing. The reality of coke is disturbing.
But I think realizing how lucky me and my friends were - that is even more disturbing.

That's some fucked up shit. I dont know if I'd fight back if I was in a situation like that... it would depend on de persons I had to fight agains: how 'crazy' and criminal they were and what kind of connections they have. It's not even about the confrontation itself but what happens after that. If you had beat their asses with your whole group and they'd come back with 30 maniacs you'd still be trashed :S Sometimes it's just better to let go, especially when you're rolling.
Just be safe and have a selective group @ your party and be sure no other kids know that you're having a party so that they can come by and fuck it up, that's the best thing to do if you want to be sure of not having massive brawls
have fun next time !!

In your reality (which you've arrogantly reffered to as "our" world) you think otherwise, that treating people in a compassionate way is useless and cannot get you anywhere.
You'll notice that you both live in the same world, but have different perceptions on how it should be dealt with. Every person in the world has a different perception of reality, that's what creates "identity", don't be stupid in thinking that your perception of reality is how everyone else perceives it.
Hassling someone just because they perceive reality in a different (and harmless) way does nothing but highlight your own flaws.
There is only one reality and that is R-E-A-L-I-T-Y. Things are what they are, no matter how each individual perceives it. Someone who is color blind might "perceive" the something red as brown or green, but the object is still red. Excuse me for seeing things the way they really are. And the last time I checked, me all do live on the same planet, so saying "our world" is not an arrogant statement in any way. I never said you shouldn't be compassionate towards those who deserve it, but making a lifestyle out of "plur" and expecting it in return is not realistic because we do not live in a peaceful, loving, united, and respectful world. But I'll shut up now. Go ahead and live your life the way you want, and I will continue to live by the concepts of realism.
[ 26 December 2002: Message edited by: Crimson Cloud ]

There is only one reality and that is R-E-A-L-I-T-Y. Things are what they are, no matter how each individual perceives it.
Eastern mysticism, western philosophy and even quantum physics has never proven this, so I'm interested in how you reached this conclusion. And no, I'm not taking the piss, I'm genuinely interested.

Crimson Cloud,
You remind me of a very jaded person I once knew called "my dad". A prick. Very close-minded. A true "man" in every sense of the word.
Done.

Fetish Jester, you're completely ridiculous if thats a serious question. I'm not even looking at this thread anymore after this.
Crimson Cloud,
You remind me of a very jaded person I once knew called "my dad". A prick. Very close-minded. A true "man" in every sense of the word.
That made me laugh, and I needed a good laugh so thanks. Yes I'm jaded, and yes I'm a prick, but that's besides the point. I'm not close-minded at all though. I'm actually pretty open-minded, but not so much as to question reality. Some of you are living in a fantasy world, and all of you completely missed my point.
Don't bother responding, I really don't care what you have to say at this point and I'm not coming back to this topic. (...how close-minded of me :) )

....well I'm glad we scared him off by (shock horror) ASKING QUESTIONS or DISAGREEING with him.
He got what was coming to him. He attacked a poster, and then was unable to back up his claim.
Anyway, back to the topic at hand.
I've not had that much experience with coke myself, thankfully here it's expensive and cut to all shit so it's not a big thing, but the suburb I live in is rife with violent party crashers, almost to the point that the smart host keeps a few weapons on hand, just in case...

I am somewhat of a "realist" myself but I think Crimson Cloud is being a little too realistic...
I think Crimson's mindset is dictated by his rough environment (NYC).
But with fortitude, it does not matter where you live - because you can shape your personality and your mindset to adapt to any environment. Lots of bias - do you think a Hawaiian would believe that if you gave someone PLUR, you will NOT get it back ? Do you think a Norwegian in a small town would say its a dog eat dog world ? Everything depends on environment.
You cannot judge what is "reality" because that would be generalizing and biased.