Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Dead mans pills u.k. - i.d. help

JuncoPartner

Bluelighter
Hello,

Firstly sorry i cant get a picture posted until tomorrow so please don't shoot me down straight away.
A friend has stumbled across some medication off a dead relative. The ones he knows what the are are:
2mg valiums and some mogadons.

In a bottle from 1977 labeled "sleeping tablets" and "one a night" there are some blue and pink/purple small capsules with no writing on.
What can these be?

I know nothing can be 100% from description given, i just want to see if its worth me buying some ( i will anyway as a friends had some earlier and is smashed).
The persons with them is at work so cant get any untill tomorrow now. So was just hoping for any kind of guess at a I.D. please.

Many thanks and all the best

Temazepam maybe? Bit before my time 1977 though so I’m not even remotely sure.

Hello,

Firstly sorry i cant get a picture posted until tomorrow so please don't shoot me down straight away.
A friend has stumbled across some medication off a dead relative. The ones he knows what the are are:
2mg valiums and some mogadons.

In a bottle from 1977 labeled "sleeping tablets" and "one a night" there are some blue and pink/purple small capsules with no writing on.
What can these be?

I know nothing can be 100% from description given, i just want to see if its worth me buying some ( i will anyway as a friends had some earlier and is smashed).
The persons with them is at work so cant get any untill tomorrow now. So was just hoping for any kind of guess at a I.D. please.

Many thanks and all the best

This will get shut down as soon as its noticed by a moderator or gets reported by a keeno, however that won't be me tonight as I hope you get to read and if possible still interact before its locked off to new posts as your enquiry seems in genuine good faith and at first makes sense for you to reach out here - please do not think you have been penalised or criticised when this thread is nuked - it just happens to ask something of Bluelight that, as educated as it guesses may be, it is not nor ever will be capable of - identifying the contents of a capsule, tablet or other potential drug materials based on a physical description or potentially unrelated environmental factors that may contribute to confirmation bias, such as the drugs packaging or other labels.

If this is a clear out of a historic treatment supply belonging to the decedent (may condolences to your friend for his troubles) and contained both diazepam and nitrazepam, the capsules, if cashes off a 1977 script, (two years before I was born) and labelled sleeping tablets despite also having Mogadon, which other than temazepam (Restoril?) is one of the only 2 benzos licenced in the UK purely as hypnotics, could well be barbiturates of some description and if Rx'd for sleep, could easily be seconal which is particular dangerous at doses just above therapeutic.

But that's still a wild guess. Only a GCMS and a lab to go with it can exhaustively ID the contents of and drug matter, capsules as much as anything. luckily, Llandough University Hospital, home to te Cardiff Tox. Lab has one, with a charity run team of bio chemists who will periodically test drugs the general public sends them to analyse. they are called WEDINOS <<<<-click on the name for the link to the site.

Fair play pal cheers mate. Just found out there blue pink and purple small caps in like a 3 stripe capsule colour. And there definitely some sort of barb according to the label.

The guy telling me about them isn't too bright. He's only got access to a few at a time so he's safe though. Im gonna try get a few tomorrow long as he doesn't want the world for them.

Hi.
Just though i'd finish what i started and now ive got them its easy to identify.

Wow! They are the original old school lily F66 Tuinals.
Fuckin buzzin! A 50/50 mix of Secobarbital and Amobarbital. So happy, could only get a few due to being a little light on funds but for what they are i think i got a good deal.

Theres a picture as my profile pic and im gonna do image host now 1 sec.

Unsure whether they are the 50mg 100mg or 200mg ones , and im on 80mg/methadone per day so only took one for now but can defo feel it.

=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)

Wow them tuinals are mint
Are 3 all together, with a 300mg pregablin on top of my 80mg methadone.

The barbs are lovely, like a benzo feeling but diffrent, would felt reccomend. Still typing with one,she and wobbly now. They gave me loooads.of energy like Benson do (ADHD), And I ate loads of scran aswell.

Defo taking these again =)

Wedinos is a website that you can send any drugs off to to get the them tested.

They identify the main substance(s), and as a bonus tell you of any adulterants.

Antique barbiturates, very rare and valuable these days.

Possibly worth a fortune.

I'd love to try them, but it's probably for the best that I'll probably never be able to acquire any.

Antique barbiturates, very rare and valuable these days.

Possibly worth a fortune.

I'd love to try them, but it's probably for the best that I'll probably never be able to acquire any.
Mate I couldn't believe it when I for the news....once in a lifetime shit like, I'm loving them so much

Tuinal

We used to call them 'traffic lights'

Be ever so careful mixing them with any other CNS depressant.

I lost three friends who inadvisably mixed them with juice.

What makes them so dangerous is that they disrupt memory so people would take a couple and an hour later forget that they had already dosed and end up doubling up. Two choked on their own vomit (barbs DO cause nausea), one apparently just suffered respiratory failure due to the mix.

Oh, and like alcohol it can result in emotional lability along with a loss of judgement so people do dumb stuff after using them.

In my experience, a league above benzodiazepines. Only Heminevrin (duck eggs) and methaqualone (Mandrax) produce that utterly messed up state.

Please play safe - don't use alone and if someone goes over, ring the emergency services. Unlike opioids, it's a really difficult OD to manage.

I don't know if you have 50s, 100s or 200s. But without tolerance, even 150mg can knock you down and drag you out.

'70s were the years

seconal nembutal and tuinals around by the boatload

Along with etchlorvynol (jelly bellies) they were the class of drug found in the majority of accidental overdoses at the time.

Interesting to try, but really should be up their with heroin in term of acute and chronic damage.

In my experience, a league above benzodiazepines. Only Heminevrin (duck eggs) and methaqualone (Mandrax) produce that utterly messed up state.
Yes benzos were heralded as the new safer solution to the problems that their barbiturate predecessors sought to address, as the barbs had a very dangerous side effect and risk profile.

Benzos were meant to be so much safer, and not addictive. (We all know how that turned out.)

By many accounts the barbiturates were very desirable among people who liked to 'abuse' such things. All those accounts from the aged and some deceased rockstars mostly of the 60s in their memoirs, lyrics, and interviews; Keith Richards, John Cooper Clarke, Leonard Cohen, etc, etc...

Last edited:
The problem with barbs is that while a person will eventually become tolerant to their sedative/hypnotic effects BUT the fatal dose wasn't altered.

I believe ten 200mg Tuinal was famously a fatal dose. More than that and vomiting would often prevent the drug being absorbed.

Joe Orton's partner smashed Orton's head in with a hammer before calmly taking ten Tuinal with a can of grapefruit juice.

BTW It WAS clear that Kenneth Halliwell (Orton's killer) was seriously mentally ill. Joe had been told by all his friends to ensure Kenneth got help - but too little, too late.

Look out for each other.