• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Deadly new drug... Exposed!

dragoniahmist

Bluelighter
Deadly new drug... Exposed! (by Ricki Lake)

There's a new drug on the street with the potential of becoming one of the deadliest illegal substances around. It's known as "Wet," "Illy" or "Fry" and is formed when marijuana is dipped in embalming fluid laced with the hallucinogenic drug PCP. Users say "Wet" makes them feel superhuman and euphoric, but the harsh reality is it can make users depressed, paranoid and violent, and ultimately suffer brain damage, seizures and schizophrenia. "Ricki" hears from several users who refuse to stop even though their friends and relatives worry they're killing themselves. "Ricki" also sends cameras to tag along and document several of today's guests buying and using "Wet." And, Ricki talks to MTV & CNN's Serena Altschul about her shocking documentary "Fried" which vividly details the disturbing behavior of users of "Wet." Finally, a mother shares a cautionary tale about her son who's serving 25 years in prison for a murder he committed after taking a hit off of a marijuana cigarette that unbeknownst to him –was laced with "Wet." To this day, he does not remember the events of that fateful night.

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/ricki/index.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was channel surfing and caught the tail end of this show. It was terribly sensationalized, although I don't know what else to expect.

Just when you thought daytime white trash TV in the US couldn't get any worse ... now it's rednecks on PCP!

I shudder to think what the rest of the world actually thinks about americans, since they get much of their information from our own wonderful media.

for the record, I am better than any of those people .. just have to get that out there ;)

It's known as "Wet," "Illy" or "Fry" and is formed when marijuana is dipped in embalming fluid laced with the hallucinogenic drug PCP.

Just who the FUCK laces embalming fluid with PCP? Isnt PCP bad enough without formaldehyde?

Wow! Talk about a triple-threat!

Who in the world think up this stuff? I mean, who sits around and thinks "You know, normal put just sucks anymore. I have an idea!! Lets dip it in embalming fluid! No wait, let's add some PCP to the mix to make things interesting! Yeah, that'll do it!!!"

btw dragoniahmist, nice signature! :)

LOL deadly NEW drug that has been around since the early 1970's for recreational usage. Hilarious. Dont these news people know that PCP in embalming fluid is just an urban myth? Or are people REALLY lacing marijuana with embalming fluid? Either way, this article sounds like Kyle's Mom from South Park bitching about how the world doesnt fit the American 1950's ideal lifestyle.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On a side note, this isnt really a news article, there is no author, no article title or newsmedia source listed, and the link doesnt lead to the article, but Ill leave it open for a bit.

this is just ree fucking diculous. they are exposing something that DOESN'T FUCKING HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE GODDAMNIT. I can understand MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE one day they got chinsed with some bad PCP, but if these kids are smoking it all day every day i guarentee you all of their stuff doesn't have embalming fluid in it. I can't believe that whore talks like shes an authority on the subject.

pinesol said:
this is just ree fucking diculous. they are exposing something that DOESN'T FUCKING HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE GODDAMNIT. I can understand MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE one day they got chinsed with some bad PCP, but if these kids are smoking it all day every day i guarentee you all of their stuff doesn't have embalming fluid in it. I can't believe that whore talks like shes an authority on the subject.

I've learned not to get angry, it will never stop it. Instead, appreciating the absurdity of the world and relax while civilization crumbles.

Sadly enough, it DOES happen, I know two guys in NY who have actually seen dealers making it.

It WAS an urban legend, because PCP had the nickname "embalming fluid" for a time. Then a few years ago this craze hit the East coast, where stupid idiot dealers stole embalming fluid, mixed it with pcp, and dipped joints in it. They actually believe the high is different thabn just plain PCP.

Sad shit...

I also saw the documentary in question, and they showed them their "stash", which was two or three bottles of embalming fluid they stole from a local funeral home.

Sometimes real life imitates fiction ;)

--- G.

Morrison's Lament said:

I also saw the documentary in question, and they showed them their "stash", which was two or three bottles of embalming fluid they stole from a local funeral home.

Stole from a funeral home ... lol ... lmfao ... *dies*

HOLY GOD PEOPLE. I honestly could not think of a more pathetic example, real or imaginary, in the history of humankind to demonstrate the length some braindead people will go just to try and get high for a bit.

Maybe from time to time the Government, for the benefit of society and mankind as a whole, should leak information about some new high easily availible and highly lethal (and known as such to anyone with half a brain) to free the world of some missing links in society.

But as long as the government and media continue to make up incredible shit just to slander drugs, there will always be such stupidity around

Anybody ever here the old urban myth about the kids who broke into a funeral home and tried to smoke a dead guy's finger?

The problem with stupid sensational TV shows is that maybe few people were doing it until now, but since it had nation wide audience exposure ie: mass advertising to stupid people, now there will be A L O T more people doing that, how much you wanna bet ? :X

MaliceNwunderland said:
Anybody ever here the old urban myth about the kids who broke into a funeral home and tried to smoke a dead guy's finger?

Ehm, wasn't that in some ODB movie?

Oh, and it's a good point about how the media is contributing. However, the CNN documentary I saw had interviews with doctors and scientists that said the embalming fluid was totally irrelevant to the effects, and it was just the PCP that was getting people high.

Still, the dumb ass kids wouldn't believe it, they had at least a dozen or so self-confessed "illie" smokers telling their stories, pretty funny actually. Like the part where they were talking about the best places to score, hospitals, mortuaries and funeral homes, lol

I particularly enjoyed the exaggerated mental image I got of some kid breaking into a hospital dispensary and digging his way through a stack of OxyContin and Fentanyl to get his hands on the sweet sweet embalmuing fluid within ;)

--- G.

wait wait wait, isn't embalming fluid just formaldehyde? And isn't formaldehyde just converted methanol? wouldn't all of the formaldehyde evaporate before you smoked it anyway? meh, kids...

Yeah, those are the main ingredients, but there's probably traces of other weird chemical shit in the modern version of the product.

In any case, it's about the stupidest thing drug-related thing I've ever heard of ;)

Well, it's almost a toss-up between that and "Butter Acid", a popular new drug in Iceland that everyone believes is "horse tranquilizers that get you fucked up". In reality, it's plain old GHB ;)

--- G.

Formaldahyde tends to make dead people dehydrated, so they add various other chemicals to the soultions to prevent this. Regardless, they mix the embalming fluid with water... I think I read 8oz to 12 gallons... somthing like that... So I doubt that all the formaldhyde would totally evaporate out.

Jeezus... people are nuts man.

Yeah this aint new at all....i heard about it a while ago.