• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Social Do You Believe You’ve Met Your Perfect Partner Yet?

Ive been with a woman of my life but opium have cut our relationship. She was the perfect woman but im not the perfect Man so shes gone.
I dont think that there is a perfect woman or Man, there's lots of woman or Man that can be your perfect partner.
I chose always drugs instead of partners. Its like the french song of manu solo that say that H is the partner for those who dont have it.

Last edited:
I’ve definitely met the person that is perfect for me, yes. I met him on this site, in fact, so there’s hope for all you degenerates on here :laughing:

Note that I said “perfect FOR ME” because there are no perfect people out there. But a person can perfectly suit one’s wants and needs, as well as coming along at the exact right time in your life.

I don’t believe in the soulmates thing per se, but I do think that you can find someone who meets your needs, and with whom you share the same values. And all you need besides that, and good timing, is practice. All relationships take practice. (I used to say that relationships are hard work, but I stopped framing it that way, because I don’t want to equate my relationship with work. It should be something you WANT to do! And also, with the right person, it won’t BE such hard work. But it will still take practice to get better at.)
Perfect people? My response to that is that if you're perfect, they nail you to a fuck off sized cross, at age 33!
As good as perfect ie perfevt for someond else, I find totally plausable. In 7 years with my wife, we only had one arguement (yes it was that sickening! 😆), and it was because she was well pissed on Jack Daniels. I made a comment about "do you think you've had enough", without realizing her ex partner was a narcississtic control freak, who constantly gave her a hard time, over her drinking. We went to bed and I tried to give her a cuddle, which resulted in her saying, "fuck off and die". So, I made an excuse about my back and slept downstairs on the sofs.
Next morning, I went up, all sympathetic voice - "do we have a hangover?", a nod of her head; "would we like a cup of coffee?", another nod. Finslly from me, "well get up and put the kettle on and I'll make you a coffe and a bacon sandwich!".
We laughed about the night before and she agreed that her getting pissed with dark spirits wasn't a good idea. So an agreement that she'd only get merry with vodka etc.

Like I said, perfect for each other (same moral values, same sense of humour, same love of animals and both had lives of organized chaos - both ex teachers, who had a love of drugs)

Perfect people? My response to that is that if you're perfect, they nail you to a fuck off sized cross, at age 33!
As good as perfect ie perfevt for someond else, I find totally plausable. In 7 years with my wife, we only had one arguement (yes it was that sickening! 😆), and it was because she was well pissed on Jack Daniels. I made a comment about "do you think you've had enough", without realizing her ex partner was a narcississtic control freak, who constantly gave her a hard time, over her drinking. We went to bed and I tried to give her a cuddle, which resulted in her saying, "fuck off and die". So, I made an excuse about my back and slept downstairs on the sofs.
Next morning, I went up, all sympathetic voice - "do we have a hangover?", a nod of her head; "would we like a cup of coffee?", another nod. Finslly from me, "well get up and put the kettle on and I'll make you a coffe and a bacon sandwich!".
We laughed about the night before and she agreed that her getting pissed with dark spirits wasn't a good idea. So an agreement that she'd only get merry with vodka etc.

Like I said, perfect for each other (same moral values, same sense of humour, same love of animals and both had lives of organized chaos - both ex teachers, who had a love of drugs)
I love this story, this is beautiful. And, yes, it’s perfectly possible to never have an argument; in 7 years with my partner, I don’t think we’ve had a single fight. But keep in mind, we haven’t lived together yet. That shit is always difficult; but for some reason, I think he and I will still mostly not fight. Or if we do, its possible to fight like an adult, not in a toxic and poisonous way. Time will tell, but I have faith in us :)

I love this story, this is beautiful. And, yes, it’s perfectly possible to never have an argument; in 7 years with my partner, I don’t think we’ve had a single fight. But keep in mind, we haven’t lived together yet. That shit is always difficult; but for some reason, I think he and I will still mostly not fight. Or if we do, its possible to fight like an adult, not in a toxic and poisonous way. Time will tell, but I have faith in us :)
If I was a gambling man (I'm not!), I'd put money on you two being ok. Things to get into serious arguements over would have surfaced in 7 years. Disagreements, everyone has, it's basic human nature, but real tooth and claw arguements...

I think we all have multiple perfect partners. Just gotta meet them.

I have been with three partners in particular who were the perfect partner, but youth, immaturity, lack of knowledge about how to be a loving partner and good housemate killed two of those relationships (oh and on turned out to be psychologically fucking with me, so maybe not that perfect).

My current partner is perfect for me now. Who knows what things will be like in a year, 5 years or 20, but with me in my mid30s and her in her early 40s, I can’t see us changing drastically. We are bffs, live and laugh and love together, fuck like teenagers, have no plans of having children (a major couple killer), we rarely argue, and are good at resolving problems together.

XTCgrrrrl, we wanted to avoid living together to avoid shared living problems but life put us under the same roof in the end, and we’re doing ok for now!

There is literally 8 billion people in the world so I don’t believe in soulmates. To think that you could meet someone who is your perfect partner is ridiculous to me.

I also don’t really believe in monogamy, as a species it’s a relatively new thing.

I have met many amazing people at all different times and they’ve been perfect during that period of my life I guess. As we grow we change though and what was once a good match becomes not such a good one, ya know?

I’m currently dating someone who is pretty amazing and we fit really well. We are both very similar in a lot of ways. He is a musician though and travels a good bit whereas I’ve a job and studies that keep me to Ireland. It fits well because sometimes I think I really do need that space as I enjoy my own time etc. plus I have a son and my ex who are a big part of my life and it gives us time to be a family (I’m no longer seeing my ex obviously but we are still great friends and parent our child well together).

You know, it’s an insane amount of people we’ve gone up to at 8 billion @MsDiz

Should I just fuck them all as many as possible. My soul mate is increasingly imaginary as the years go by, just friends, I’m heartbroken, and I think I need to get buried in a swath of men and hard partying again. Just like I used to with him in the non-monogamy thing we had, but lonely and frustrated and past the age of 30.

What do you think? If I die, 8 billion is too many anyway by many a young nihilists standard. It might make someone vaguely stirred to know my sacrifice.

What if a soul mate is just someone you care for the most, regardless of intimate relationship? Is the answer in a hard meth bender?

There is literally 8 billion people in the world so I don’t believe in soulmates. To think that you could meet someone who is your perfect partner is ridiculous to me.

I also don’t really believe in monogamy, as a species it’s a relatively new thing.

I have met many amazing people at all different times and they’ve been perfect during that period of my life I guess. As we grow we change though and what was once a good match becomes not such a good one, ya know?

I’m currently dating someone who is pretty amazing and we fit really well. We are both very similar in a lot of ways. He is a musician though and travels a good bit whereas I’ve a job and studies that keep me to Ireland. It fits well because sometimes I think I really do need that space as I enjoy my own time etc. plus I have a son and my ex who are a big part of my life and it gives us time to be a family (I’m no longer seeing my ex obviously but we are still great friends and parent our child well together).
Fucking brilliant. It's actually something so positive, knowing so many people have people they fit with. Makes me think it's not impossible to meet someone (although I doubt I'd ever have a relationship like the one with my wife)

You know, it’s an insane amount of people we’ve gone up to at 8 billion @MsDiz

Should I just fuck them all as many as possible. My soul mate is increasingly imaginary as the years go by, just friends, I’m heartbroken, and I think I need to get buried in a swath of men and hard partying again. Just like I used to with him in the non-monogamy thing we had, but lonely and frustrated and past the age of 30.

What do you think? If I die, 8 billion is too many anyway by many a young nihilists standard. It might make someone vaguely stirred to know my sacrifice.

What if a soul mate is just someone you care for the most, regardless of intimate relationship? Is the answer in a hard meth bender?
We will all find someone that fits us eventually. If it lasts is a completely different question.

I guess I go by the old saying “don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened”. So cliche but it fits.

If you find someone and you click then do your best to nurture the relationship. Some relationships are short and some are long but enjoy them all the same.

We will all find someone that fits us eventually. If it lasts is a completely different question.

I guess I go by the old saying “don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened”. So cliche but it fits.

If you find someone and you click then do your best to nurture the relationship. Some relationships are short and some are long but enjoy them all the same.
I go through phases with this one. Right now I am in the calling more often (daily while in hospital) and feel sad about it phase. He is being very tolerant. He usually is.

I go through phases with this one. Right now I am in the calling more often (daily while in hospital) and feel sad about it phase. He is being very tolerant. He usually is.
Generally, I think when you’re going through inner turmoil sometimes it’s best to just focus on yourself. Taking a break from relationships is usually a good idea as it lets you focus on getting yourself back to a good place mentally.

Whilst relationships can help, when it’s been a long-standing one for example, short term ones will only hinder you more.

Focus on yourself and getting yourself well. Have friendships of course, we all need them, but relationships are a complication you probably don’t need right now.

Generally, I think when you’re going through inner turmoil sometimes it’s best to just focus on yourself. Taking a break from relationships is usually a good idea as it lets you focus on getting yourself back to a good place mentally.

Whilst relationships can help, when it’s been a long-standing one for example, short term ones will only hinder you more.

Focus on yourself and getting yourself well. Have friendships of course, we all need them, but relationships are a complication you probably don’t need right now.
I’m trying to aim that way.

Yes, from the point of view who is older (but probably not that much wiser!), that still holds true. At this point, we need good friends' council, but a relationship is just getting too close to someone while being in a state of turmoil. It leaks out and has an effect on anyone too close. You wouldn't go making food for someone you care about, while having a case of the squirts (loose bowel movements - I have never been able to spell the d word!). Getting too close is the psychic version...

I believe i have met my perfect partner. But im not sure if i lost him already or will he come back to and for me. Time will show. But i know he is the one. And i'm happy he lives with me and shares life with me. I truly believe he is the greatest blessing in my life.

Maybe the only reason I had ever believed in love was Hollywood movies I’m not kidding. How can two people not have a high chance of growing apart in the future. Sorry but I really have become the eternal pessimist.

Yes and lost her..after about a half year..
And than got lucky again and lost her..in less than half a year..
Third time the charm? Kinda think I met her already but fuck up badly that too, with days/weeks..

Lost a more than a decade on relationships with wrong people plus some 5 years on fun without relationships.

I feel really bad today because of my love life, long relationships with wrong people, fast fuck-up with those I should have married with and/or had children or I would have fucked up even more than, idk :(

Yes and lost her..after about a half year..
And than got lucky again and lost her..in less than half a year..
Third time the charm? Kinda think I met her already but fuck up badly that too, with days/weeks..

Lost a more than a decade on relationships with wrong people plus some 5 years on fun without relationships.

I feel really bad today because of my love life, long relationships with wrong people, fast fuck-up with those I should have married with and/or had children or I would have fucked up even more than, idk :(
Don’t give up hope! There’s no ONE perfect person for anyone, but multiple potential perfect partners. (Say that 5x fast, lol) You’ll find your “The One” eventually. I think everyone has at least a chance at fairytale happiness. But I’m an optimist at heart ☺️

At least be happy with your own company! That’s the best of all. ❤️

I do. Going on 10 years despite the fact it's a REALLY long-distance relationship.
LDRs genuinely CAN work, even super long distance. I was in this subreddit called r/LongDistance and a lot of those people were half a planet away from each other! But love finds a way ☺️