• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Ever been busted? What's your story?

don't jinx yourself blue diamond
smile.gif

I know that this is a pretty darn stupid way of getting caught, but I thought I'd share anyway.
Back in October 2000, me, my sister and our friend decided to get some alcohol. My friend knew a guy that would buy it, so we went to his work to pick up the case of Mike's Hard Lemonade, which was already shady. Then, we went to another friend's house while drinking. I know this is stupid, and I would never do it again. So we go to this house, where we pick up 2 more friends who also have another case of Mike's Hard Lemonade. We decide to leave and go to a gas station where we were stupidly drinking and waiting for a guy to sell us some weed. We were just sitting there and 2 cops pull up blocking our car in because they got an anonymous call. We were still drinking and we were definately caught. Thank God the weed didn't get there in time. Our one friend had some ritalin, and when the cops weren't looking, she threw it over a bank. But, then we went to the cop station which was practically right across the street. Yes, we were very stupid. The good thing is, I only got Alcohol Classes 4 times, 2 hours each. Not that bad considering our stupid decisions. Not a very interesting story, but thought I'd share with you guys.

You were drinking while waiting for a deal, which was gonna happen across the road from a cop shop? That's a pretty poor choice of location don't yah think?
wink.gif

i recently was picked up on a 2nd degree posession of marijuana charge. the fucked up thing is they found the pipe two months ago! i was chillin at my friends apartment while they were at work. the cops show up looking for this guy with warrants for bad checks. i didn't know the guy but other people there did and they said he had gone to turn himself in. well they searched the apartment for him and ended up finding meth. after searching my car they found a pipe with residue in it. they let us go that night, but we had to report to the station the next day. i was interviewed and when i told them i wouldn't tell on my friends they threatened me with the pot charge. i still said no and they told me they would sign a warrant the next day and to go turn myself in on Monday. i go to the station and there aren't any warrants for me so i go home and forget about it. two months later i'm sitting at home watching COPS when i hear a knock at the door. i opened it and got arrested. now i have a court date on July 3. I will try to fight it if anyone has advise.
------------------
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."

You guys do it tough over there and I managed a taste of it during a recent trip to New York.
Myself, a reasonably well-balanced Australian fellow and three female co travellers were spending a couple of fun filled weeks in New York. We were spending our time doing what you do on holidays seeing the sights, catching a few shows and spending the late hours at as many clubs as possible.
One Saturday night we had been out at an underground club/bar which had some pretty out there electronic alternative music. A great time was had by all and we departed around midnight all comfortable tanked. We hailed a cab and were all ready to head back to the hotel, fate however intervened.
All the girls are keen mull (weed) smokers and for out of towners who are new to a city what do you do, you ask the friendly know everything cab driver. Friendly he was and off to Washington Square Park we go, being the male it was obviously my duty to depart the warmth of the cab and head off into the snow towards the shady looking characters loitering in the shadows. After much haggling over price and quantity the deal was done and I gladly re-entered the warmth of the cab.
Being four of us I was in the front seat with the girls in the back, as the cab headed off I passed the sweet smelling half-ounce into the back seat and it was promptly passed around with much giggling of anticipation for the upcoming smoke back at the hotel. During this process the cabbie had turned onto Sixth Avenue and was making reasonable headway up town. We had travelled about three blocks when I caught a glint of a blue flash in the rear view mirror, not overly concerned but being cautious I reached behind me and recovered the package.
Well were we about to enter the world of the NYPD, out of nowhere six vehicles, three from NYPD and three unmarked black vans forced the cab into a slivering stop. I very quickly sobered up as I frantically try and find the unfamiliar door handle so I can crack the door open and ditch the package before we stop moving. I finally manage to get the door open slightly and throw the package out but unfortunately the cab has stopped and there sat the package on the ground next to the door for all to see.
The next 30 minutes was spent with four Australians spreadeagled around the cab with a mix of 10 to 15 uniformed and plainclothes cops searching the cab, us and whatever else they could, getting more and more heated the longer it went with out them finding anything. THEY SPENT SO MUCH TIME WALKING ALL OVER IT, THAT IT ENDED UP LOOKING LIKE A BIT OF TRASH ON THE ROAD!! By this time Sixth Avenue had ground to a halt and I was starting to feel like an actor on location.
It was obvious that they had the park under surveillance because they kept on saying "where is it, we saw you do the deal" Eventually some of the cops warmed to these stupid Australians and told us that it would be a good holiday story to take back but if we catch you here again beware!!
From an Australian perspective we were extremely surprised by the amount of resources that were being wasted on someone trying to smoke a small amount of weed, back home they wouldn't care.
We still had an absolute ball and will be back, but a little wiser

A friend of mine got busted a few years back due to somebody else's stupidity. He'd just bought 50 pills, and was in a car with three other people going to a party. They were pulled because a rear light wasn't working. They all had their pills hidden in their underwear - except the driver, who had a bumbag with 3 or 4 pills in. Once the cops found that they took the car apart, and found 40 pills under the driver's seat. So all their houses were searched. My friend faced an 18 month sentence for possession with intent to supply.
He got an expert witness from a drugs agency to testify in court that many people take 5 or 6 pills each time they go out, and as my friend was supposedly going out two or three times a week, then 50 pills really represented his personal supply. The judge bought it. Unfortunately my friend still got a 6 month sentence (ie 3 months inside) as the judge decided that although the supply was personal, it was still rather a lot of Class A stuff to own. While in prison he met a lot of people like him who'd been caught with 50 pills and were doing 18 month to 2 year sentences.
Two morals, then:
You can never never never never never be too careful when cars are involved.
and
Get a good expert witness on your side!
------------------
If you get a tin that says "does what it says on the tin", what does it do?
[This message has been edited by MysteryGuest (edited 22 June 2001).]

~otay so i got a question now....if your in a car that gets pulled over and you have pilz on you they can search your house?

This is the case in the UK, yes.
But in this case they did find an awful lot of stuff in the car. I don't know about the situation if they find just a few beans...
------------------
If you get a tin that says "does what it says on the tin", what does it do?
[This message has been edited by MysteryGuest (edited 25 June 2001).]

originally posted by: ~*MEOW*~
He doesn't sell to anyone but us. He's not a dealer. Well one time he bought pills from a guy, and the guy ripped him off so he stopped dealing with him.
he buys drugs. he sells drugs. he deals with drugs. i hate to be the one to clue you in...but your friend is a drug dealer.
my advice for all of you who have been busted, caught, or are currnetly serving time for a charge:
stop being so stupid and cut back on the bullsh!t
if youd realize that for the most part drugs are just stupid and get you into a lot of trouble, then youd be a lot better off.
another word of advice, go to the American Civil Liberties Union website and take a look at your rights. know what you can and cannot do when youre stopped, questioned, searched, or arrested. its education thats the key-- if youre educated, then hopefully you wont make stupid choices.
thats all i have to say.
------------------
dean*
AIM: deanstar24
entice.productions
SAFEBaSS.harm reduction
lexington.kentucky

Yep.
This kid, my friends well known friend had 10 beans, he trusted him but he got caught and the cops said find me your seller and we will make a deal. Well..he set us up, we had 10 beans...got pulled over by 3 cops on a 2 lane road in the dark on 4-20 and they found the sh*t..but i was 17, they dropped the charges and the sh*t he sold us was fake. So we got ripped off and arrested.
Now what we do, Go out, buy a fuel pump and tear out the insides, mount it in your engine bay, connect hoses to it but fake hoses, run the hoses out of sight, then put a piece of sentless or that hunting cloth so animals cant smell the drugs inside of it and close it up. Its a perfect idea, cops would never take apart a car part to look for drugs.

~ive always thought of putting a stash under the hood of a car. theres so many places you can hide stuff in there. but....make sure its not gonna be somewhere where its gonna get hot and start a flame.
peace
bluE

soles of your shoes.
A cop CAN NOT ask you to search your shoes when doing a pat down or anything...you first have to be arrested....then they can...so just don't get a arrested and its all good...but be shure to hid it well in your shoes cause ya don't want that shit hangin out...
also don't keep drugs in tyour pockets even if ya know there is no way a cop is nearby or would come...that was my mistake...
~ollie
------------------
~spinnE~
hehehe...be nice

I don't know what planet phiseclover is from, but in the US, if a cop has probable cause to search you, you better believe they can ask you to remove your shoes.

um well its kinda long i wrote it in BUsts if ya wanna read it
ya i guess ya are right bout tha shoes but i've know two kyds who have told the cops no about takin off shoes and they have agreed
~ollie
------------------
~spinnE~
hehehe...be nice

Go for it phishEcLOVEr, long stories are fun.
I've never been busted, but my best friend was THE hook-up at his school (CalTech) and just got kicked out because the word eventually got back to the dean. I never took to dealing (anything more than pot) at my school because I was always afraid something like that would happen.

Felony possession courtesy of one bean and one mean case of mistaken identity.
I was sitting with friends on the roof of Simon's in Gainsville, FL.
An undercover grabbed me by the wrists and marched me downstairs saying he'd witnessed me dealing earlier in the night.
A quick search through my pockets came up with one pill.
Enough in Florida for a felony but thanks to no priors and getting caught in a college town, I qualified for pretrial intervention. Basically probation but if you don't screw up they don't press charges.
One year, 6 pee pee tests, and $3500 in "monitoring fees" later my record shows only an arrest and release.
I'm sure someones thinking "Dood! Illegal search and seizure!"
No such thing when all you can afford is a public defender. He wasn't even there when the judge called my name.
We got as far as "How do you plead?" when a chic from the PD's office came rushing in.
The moral?
Spend money on a lawyer.
Better yet, don't hold anything inside a club.

Learn the Search and Seizure laws. I've posted it in this forum before (search engine), or go to Yahoo and do a search on Search and Seizure laws. Almost all of the busts I hear about come when people stupidly allow the cops to search their cars or their person! They DO NOT have the right to do this unless they have probable cause (which judges are real sticklers about)--and having a taillight out isn't probable cause. So unless you are openly using in the car, or they see drugs/paraphenalia, they CAN NOT search. Note that if they ask you, then they probably don't have the right. And all that shit about them going easier on you is bullshit. It just makes things easier for them. Get educated to your rights and you've won half the battle.
Peace
------------------
"the pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple" Oscar Wilde

please people, learn the search and seizure laws. there are so many myths about what the cops can and cannot do once they stop you.
bottom line... do not consent to anything!! do not say anything!! if the cops say it'll go easier on you if you talk or let them search, they are full of shit.
i'm not going to go through all the law b/c someone wrote a very informative post on the 4th amendment. read it and follow it.