Positive Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health and Addiction vs. Pure & Free

You gotta start squatting, comrade

High bar back squats, super deep hack squats, deep leg press

There's no better way to have legs like a horse and an ass of the Gods

Squats kll me fucking knees. Dont have acess to leg presses because i only have a shitty weight bench and i hate the gym

You might need to fix your technique if squats are hurting your knees, or try low bar squatting to shift the load. But deadlifts are good too for the posterior chain and don't hit the knees as much, RDLs and good mornings are great too. Personally I love leg day, I want to be able to clean 600 pounds

Today i did 3 sets 25lbs lateral raises, 3 sets of 40lbs dumbell curls, 3 sets of 40lbs dumbell rows, 3 sets of 40lbs tricep extensions, 3 sets of 40lbs hammer curls and 3 sets of 30lbs incline dummbel curls

Did 50 minutes of Muay Thai. I'm happy that my resistance is improving and is possible to handle the exercises with less pauses.

alright my program is starting back up.. pretty easy start until I get up and rolling again. I’m going to start sat but am going in today to soak, steam, pick up my program for edits and clean my locker.

You might need to fix your technique if squats are hurting your knees, or try low bar squatting to shift the load. But deadlifts are good too for the posterior chain and don't hit the knees as much, RDLs and good mornings are great too. Personally I love leg day, I want to be able to clean 600 pounds

I love leg day too. Before i took this little break I was pushing 720 ( about 300 S) 3x10 on the 45 degree inverted leg press and i was being really chill.. this time i’m coming back swinging and will probably add another 180 onto that in three months. I don’t squat though.. i probably should.

Last edited:
Got back doing some cardio for the first time in ages. 30mins spinning bike followed by 3 x 10 reps with the dumbells clean and press. Will do the same eod and gradually increase volume.

I love leg day too. Before i took this little break I was pushing 720 ( about 300 S) 3x10 on the 45 degree inverted leg press and i was being really chill.. this time i’m coming back swinging and will probably add another 180 onto that in three months. I don’t squat though.. i probably should.
Squatting is definitely beneficial even though you can push the hypertrophic stimulus with minimal fatigue on the leg press. If you have access to a hack squat those are awesome for quad stimulus. I personally like doing myorep match sets for leg press and hack squat

Squatting is definitely beneficial even though you can push the hypertrophic stimulus with minimal fatigue on the leg press. If you have access to a hack squat those are awesome for quad stimulus. I personally like doing myorep match sets for leg press and hack squat

my clubs dope already and they are taking out some raquette ball courts a putting in a big beautiful new weight expansion.😁 If they don’t have one in their i’ll just request they get one. I walk ten plus miles 5 days a week for work so i try not to burn myself that hard.

For a person lifting at my level and not looking for massive growth, in fact trying to avoid it.. I got pretty big once and didn’t like a bunch of things.. like how 3x clothes look on weight lifters body etc. i’m not entirely sold on till failure every time for me, i like to do reps or a pyrmid up and the finish with 3x3s n or 4x2s at the end. i usually have three stations going at once and go right from one to the other.

Trying to motivate myself to go to the gym. I just don't like lifting. Running is fun and I'm addicted to it.

Why does lifting feel like such a chore to me.

Yeah, I'm also a germophobe and hate dirty ass gym equipment.

I just find lifting to be an objectively boring activity. It's like I can't wait for it to be over.

I do pushups and lift some dumbbells, but the only way to get myself to do it is to "trick" myself and do a few sets right before going on a run, and then another few sets when I get back. Otherwise I hate doing it.

I'd just like to get some definition on my upper body. I don't really have the discipline for a proper diet.

Stop reading stuff about fitness online. It will only make you neurotic about all this stuff.
People don't realize that steroid use is ubiquitous, and thanks to films and doped up sports stars everyone has a really distorted view of what is achievable. I never went hardcore, but x3 times a week of the big exercises for no more than an hour and trying to eat more (hardest part for me). It took me about 5 years to go from borderline anorexic at 58kg to 78kg. I'm very slowly chipping away at some fluff, but generally happy with how I look now. By modern standards I'm not remarkable at all, but I'm not prepared to bust up my body and life just to look like some shiny constipated turd for a few years then pay the price in later life.
People fuss over their diet way too much nowadays. Three proper meals a day and maybe a protein drink post workout is quite enough for most. Try to moderate stuff like sugary treats, but don't obsess over it too much. I honestly believe that the stress of trying to micro-manage your diet down to every last gram of protein does more harm than the occasional treat.
I eat meat in every meal, but never bothered with shakes - my gut suffers enough as it is without milk added too. The whole thing about protein is overblown I think, and whilst I don't doubt you see success with more you are also putting tremendous pressure on your body internally. But it's like womens magazines that play on your esteem to sell makeup, the protein shake industry and supplements is business.

Life is too short to obsess to such a high degree over something that will age and fail anyway. Just eat a bit more, more healthy and a nice variety. I put the fact that I haven't been ill since prior to covid down to my diet - meats, vegetables, herbs (love me some black garlic).

My knees are starting to complain at mid-30's now though. I never got past 120kg on squats, and I'm dialling that back. I think I want to transition towards body weight exercises.. we weren't designed to lift heavy in a limited range of motion. I always feel fantastic after doing 3 sets of 10 pullups, but loathe squats and deadlifts.

Stop reading stuff about fitness online. It will only make you neurotic about all this stuff.
I don't. A lot of that stuff is ridiculous, cringey, and/or a money making scheme. I don't subscribe to any of that stuff, I'm a very cynical person.

My main goal is simply to increases my own strength for practical reasons. I've been thinking about going into manual labor/construction. Impressing a lady would simply be a bonus but not my intention. I've noticed that most of the women that are attracted to very muscley guys are also the type of women with personalities I detest and would never date.

according to polls the most attractive physical area to women is the chest.

I really enjoy lifting, but also don’t spend allot of time doing it. I have found that if you are able to roll three stations at once a lifter is able to run a pretty strong program putting in six hours a week.

Like others have pointed out genetics plays a part. There are two types of a skeletal muscles. Red and white skeletal muscle. They mix to form pink muscle. Those of us that have been provided genetically allot of white muscle are going to be stronger and have more ability to add muscle, but this type of muscle becomes fatigued quickly. Those of us that have a great deal of red muscle will not be as powerful in the short picture, will have a harder time adding muscle, but enjoy significantly stronger endurance. Pink is a combination of both types and obviously it enjoys benefits from both types.

we like to do exercise that’s enjoyable and that we are good at so people rich in white like short power exercises like lifting and those who are bountiful in red enjoy and excel at endurance cardio exercise.

I agree that most of that exercise nutrition is scam.. i mean maybe if you’re a competing athlete it’s going to give you an edge, but for normal people it’s just a money maker.

i just eat healthy when i’m hungry and use a normal strong daily multivitamin supplement weather i’m lifting or not.

When i was younger i used to worry about what other people were lifting, but i’m so over that they can fly a kite and pay them no attention unless they jump on my station w o asking.

I wish i had a mixture with more red as i’d like a rock climbers body.. but i have a pretty good mixture and it leans towards white. We work with what we get right. But yeah the idea of running a marathon brings up images of dante’s inferno.

walking in for leg day.. my hand is a little injured so i’m skipping biceps today. Stretch, Lift, Steam soak repeat.