European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

festivals 2010

bogman

Bluelighter
i started the 2009 thread so mite as well start this one.

the wife is due our first child on june 23rd so festival season will be short for me.
all going to plan the life festival wil be on the june bhol wend again and i can make it with a few of my BL mates.
a lot depends on my good wife.

Electric Picnic..if im still in the country..what a weekend that was..mayhem! lost count of how many iron crosses were consumed haha

Would love to head down to Electric Picnic this year hear good reports about it.

I'm in Bogman's camp for festivals, although I have an extra month. Was thinking of Big Chill this year but prob not now....

Glade
Boomtown
Those are definite but will try to fit in more also plan on going to some 'free festivals'
204.gif

Going to T in the park under slight duress but the Mrs has already booked tickets so not going to fight the inevitable ;)

Glade looks really good though! Very much like the sound of it in terms of size and music, people, food. Going to consider that one methinks!

Rockness, Amsterdam Dance Event and I Love Techno..... If I can afford them.

Really want a trip to Holland for my birthday at end of Feb or beginning of March though so ADE is probably not going to happen.

Would like to do a few trips around the uk aswell, so maybe some other festivals with a bit of luck.

Full Moon, Germany. I'm under strict orders from my best mate who recently moved back to Sweden, that I have to go meet up with her there this summer.

Want to try and attend waveform this year too :)

Hellfest in France and possibly Electric Picnic for me, a trip to Amsterdam is in the works though so festivals depend on wether it goes ahead!

i have my mind set on this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4NF8JPXtnU

i went in 2008 and it was amazing. a life changing week of survival in one of the harshest landscapes in the world.

2008 was definitely (by a long shot) the most awesome (best choice of words) week of my life. much more than just a 'festival'.

Plan to hit Glastonbury, Glade, Boom festival in portugal, priddy folk fest and freeparty stuff mixed in between fucking off to Serbia at a random point in time in the summer.

That does look amazing! Would be pretty mad having a festival in the middle of the desert too %) Bet you met some really cool and interesting people RA :)

Would be quite an expensive trip though?

Was there any police there at all no?

Timewarp Mannheim in April
Life festival July
Electric Picnic September
Hopefully make it to the Awakenings festival in July, maybe Sonar and Exit Festival aswell if I have the funds!

holy fuck. that looks epic

video doesnt do it as justice whatsoever, epic is a understatement (and im not joking)

That does look amazing! Would be pretty mad having a festival in the middle of the desert too %) Bet you met some really cool and interesting people RA :)

Would be quite an expensive trip though?

Was there any police there at all no?

yeah met loads of mad people from all walks of life. its like a mini city that appears for a week in aug/september and then disappears once the man burns..

its not cheap to go there (presuming you make your way to the usa) you have to rent out a camper van for a week which is 500 euro-ish each person and then ticket is 200 euro-ish, you cant spend money there.. you bring everything you need for the week and trade, give away shit for free, receive shit for free..

i gave some guy called turkey neck enough for a spliff and then he crossed my palm with a handful of mushrooms, thats how it works out there :)

as for the cost, i would do anything in my power to go there again - even if it meant being totally skint for the whole year... i cannot recommend it highly enough. the whole experience can completely change your outlook on the world... (not a guarantee)

and yeah there are police there. not many, maybe theres some undercovers tool. i kept spliff smoking and drug consumption to inside the camper van and then ventured out.. to be honest, you could go there and not take any drugs and it would feel like you are completely tripping off your nut for the whole time.

Last edited:
I'll be going to Exit in Serbia, of course, because it's only an hour up the road and I can't be arsed going anywhere else

Boom in Portugal and Knockengorroch in the highlands of Scotland.. former is an overblown psy trance acid-fest, latter is a wee celtic roots music thing with punk and ska in the day and electro/techno/breaks etc in the evenings.. not sure about others, but those two are almost certain :)

^ oh right =D not been but from a mates descriptions sounded like the highlands, not actually checked! defo going its only £60 and is supposed to be a lot of fun

Providing I am fully well by then, I'm hopefully going to Bloodstock metal festival, pretty awesome line up so far.