• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

films: Favorite Movie about EDM and party culture

airon later

Bluelighter
So, there are all these great movies coming out or already released that deal with either Electronic Music, Raves, or Club culture.......let's compile a list of all of our favorite movies that deal with this......maybe one day there will be a 'definitive' box-set collection that we could buy with all the films in it......

here are mine ( in no particular order )

Human Traffic ( sequel to be release summer 2004...)
24hr Party People
Modulations
Groove
Better Living Through Circuitry
Scratch ( ...the Hip-Hop connection... )
------these two i haven't seen, but they should be great
Party Monster and Stark Raving Mad

One Love,
Airon Later

oh man groove is the grooviest groovy film of all time. it makes me wanna get my groove on, its so groovy

"Hey, what was that track you played?"

"It's the new single by Bedrock, Heaven Scent."

WORST.PLUG.EVER.

24 Hour Party People
Human Traffic
Go
Better Living Through Circuitry
Last Days of Disco
Party Monster (the documentary, haven't seen the film yet . . .)

. . . I'm sure there are others that I can't think of right now.

Human Traffic, hands down.
Groove was ok, more of an optimistic look at things.
24 Hour Party people was VEEEEERY interesting and i enjoyed it, but it was really slow and kinda long.
iunno about 54, it was ok. more hollywood than what really went on i imagine.

"It's the new single by Bedrock, Heaven Scent."

Hey hey hey. It's not that bad of a plug. He never says "Heaven Scent"

The line is: "That's the new Bedrock single. It's the last track I played tonight."

Just so you know, Bedrock isn't a DJ or a producer, it's the name of a semi-regular club event that Digweed puts on, as well as the Album that he mixed with tracks that he plays at that club event. I doubt Digweed got paid much or at all to appear in this low-ass budget indie film so I'd say a little plug is ok.

Last edited:
Have seen most of the ones listed above but thought they were all pretty terrible. I liked Groove when I first saw it but that was before I had actually done any drugs or been to a rave.

^^^ my thoughts exactly.

groove is a BAD ASS movie... until you become actively involved in the rave scene... then you realize how cheesy and lame that movie is. :) iunno... maybe the san fran scene is different... but i find it hard to believe that it sucks THAT bad.

groove is my favourite...yeah i know it's cheesy and corny and idealistic, but i just love it.

apart from the occasional *very* cringe-worthy moment i think it's a pretty good first effort for a director. it looks beautiful, the soundtrack is fantastic, and it really captures the vibe of what a rave is *supposed* to be about - good music and good friends. of course, the story is practically non-existent (so, uh, there's this rave...and, like, everyone goes to it), but i don't think the characterisation is quite as lame as everyone else seems to think, and i do like some of them :)

good film...

Human Traffic was the best for me...just reminds me WAY too much of me and my friends partyin... I still like Groove, even though it does have some corny aspects to it, but I still like it mainly for nostalgic reasons. I think a lot of other people would like it too if they didn't get so jaded and elitist about stupid shit.

human traffics was probably my favorite

go was a favorite for a while

better living through circuitry, though more of a documentary, was really interesting

groove sucked... it was full of stereotypes about the scene

party monster- can't wait to see this one... i'm really anticipating watching it after watching the documentary

atlas said:
scratch is the only good movie mentioned so far

Please!!! 24 Hour Party People fucking pwns Scratch, as does Human Traffic and Go. Scratch is a great film, but just a documentary, and about turntablism at that. How interesting is it to hear the same twenty djs talk about scratch notation and bitch that people don't respect the turntable as an instrument??? (no disrespect, I loved Scratch, just don't think that it's even the best hip hop movie, that goes to Beat Street or Wild Style . . .)

...or krush groove!

please man, go wasnt a good movie.

besides, my scratch dvd cam with a part of Qberts "Wave Twisters" on it... In fact, Wave twisters ought to be on here.

POSSIBLE spoilers below:

*'Go' was a great flick. I thought it captured the ecstacy buzz quite well (that scene when hes starting to peak in the grocery store was classic). That fucking cat always bugs me out ('You're going to die')
*I like 'Groove' alot but was completely F'd on E when I initially watched it so I believe that future viewing just kinda me back to that state. It is kinda cheesy but the music is great and I like the characters. The dude caught cheating on his fiance with another dude kinda bugs me out though.
* I DOnt remember much about 'human traffic' due to ridiculous amounts of nitrous being abused during viewing but do remember enjoying it quite a bit. Will have to watch it again.

Ya gotta remember that the above are just works of fiction. That rave scene in BAD BOYS 2 was pretty hot but not very realistic. All these are great flicks to watch while high- simply put.

i dont like groove. tacky. blech

Fear and Loathing on the other hand.........

i like Go, but i wasnt into the scene when i first saw it. but i like the format.

First, how is Fear and Loathing a movie about electronic dance music, maybe you thought that you were posting in Drug Culture . . .

Secondly, yeah, I forgot all about Wave Twisters, cause that film rules. Much better than all of the other hip hop movies listed so far . . . except maybe Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo . . . j/k ;)