• S&T Moderators: VerbalTruist | Skorpio | alasdairm

Internet Firefox hacks - best browser for mobile and desktop. Ad free YouTube! Ad free browsing! YouTube in the background on phone for free.

Oh, didn't know that firefox has no sandboxing but I am using an extension for Brave/chromium which suspends background tabs after a while and only reloads them upon a click, this saves a shitload of memory.

the great suspender? might be worth checking if that functionality has been integrated, i haven't used chromium lately but on edge browser tab sleep/suspend is in the settings menu

i just figured out how to turn off those Crypto advertisements....

cmon with that shit

i used to love Chromium on linux but it started getting a little buggy

Brave works nice - i just don't appreciate the ads wtf man

you can block the cookie from your favorite news outlet that only lets you view 3 articles and then wants you to subscribe - go to firefox settings, then privacy and security, scroll down cookies and site data, click manage exceptions, add the link for that website, click Block, and save changes - now you can read without limits

you can also hit the toggle reader view to get around pay sites too - sometimes that works but not too often

Does that work on mobile?

I used Firefox in the 2000s because the fox was cute and it worked well. I've tried it a couple of times since (on mobile) and didn't like it. I just use Safari because no other browser seemed to make much difference.

Does that work on mobile?

blocking a specific website's cookies from within your settings, no - can't do that on mobile - but you can just clear all of your cookies on mobile to get around it for the 3 views again and then the cookies would need to be cleared again

the toggle view works sometimes on mobile FF just like the desktop

with all these browser versions nowadays, "best" isn't a word to be used as something that shells "confidence" i.e as. I use firefox for me i find it that with all these chromium glitchy updates firefox tends to be same as glitch as others but on a note not exactly since it has it's own engine "Quantum", I'll never stop using firefox but if I like a browser that is Vivaldi. Is made by the ex founder of currently Opera and since 5.0 now is Chromium if previously was or wasn't.. i'll tell you what, that browser is unstable as a 10yr old kid screaming bc boredom. I feel like if Opera ever decide to returns to what made them the most stable and reliable desktop browser man crafted which is version 12.10, all browsers in that day gonna drop the market percentage shares. Interestingly enough is that people think mozila is the oldest browser, well no that is Lynx, is a text based browser which is made for privacy, no is just made as a text based browser and btw is currently available to download if you want.

I used firefox since like version 3 or 4 very early on, untill 2016 I alternated it with chrome.

In the same year I discovered Vivaldi browser, truly impressive browser for both desktop and mobile.

Still have firefox installed (desktop) but it's just a secondary browser. I'm sorry and a little bit nostalgic for firefox but it is highly unlikely it will regain a substantial number of users, it's probably on the way of disappearing or losing even more users.