European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Glade 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please people be careful this year. West Berks police have said the police presence is going to be much higher than in previous years - so expect undercover officers on site.

I keep hearing about Antiworld, but a part of me is still in utter disbelief. That sort of thing only happens in movies.

Grobert said:
Please people be careful this year. West Berks police have said the police presence is going to be much higher than in previous years - so expect undercover officers on site.

In fairness though police *always* say that. I seriously doubt there will b ore police than at, say, Global or Creamfields. Unless you're obviously dealing they're unlikely to take things too seriously...

I'm not sure though - are the local police as anti global or creamfields as they have been against glade? West Berks police actually petitioned AGAINST the festi being given a licence! Might be a grudge thing going on.

Anyway, i think being careful is always good advice.

Grobert said:
I'm not sure though - are the local police as anti global or creamfields as they have been against glade? West Berks police actually petitioned AGAINST the festi being given a licence! Might be a grudge thing going on.

Anyway, i think being careful is always good advice.

Yeah definitely worth being careful and they will come down hard on people caught dealing...

Waxwing Slain said:
"Unfortunately however the pipe the sewage was pumped into exploded and the sewage surfaced in the backstage area, specifically the artist and crew kitchen and catering area, which was immediately shut by the council."

8o

Yes - and that meant no more free meals for me:X

Still have my vouchers as mementos though;)

Anyone leaving London for glade at 5ish tomorrow??? will share petrol costs.PM

ack, sorry jude, I was originally, then got the day off so I'm setting off earlier now...

s'no worries.

Have posted an ad on the gumtree so will get some joy there I imagine. The green buses from hammersmith are sold out and I am going to work from 6am until about 1pm tomorrow to get some pocket money so can't go earlier.

See ye there anyhow:)

disambiguation said:
I'm in the process of registering a pay as you go chip in a old crappy phone I can afford to lose.... will PM over the number tonight :)

PM it this way too please.

Cannot wait till tomorrow, it is going to be mega!

Can anybody who's going to be there tomorrow and has any interest in meeting me please PM their mobile?
I will reply with mine.

bollocks bollocks bollocks, my glade ticket is floating around in royal mail no mans land, having been sent from my house back home monday, to my house in Leeds, where it didn't arrive today, to my utter disappointment. How long does it take to post something 25 miles away?!

no idea what time post arrives in the morning at my Leeds address, as i'm never up before 11. What time does it tend to arrive at you lots houses? Would still like to make the 1010 train tommorow, but i gotta make a detour to the uni computers to activate the ticket, if the bastard arrives!

if the ticket doesnt arrive, it's not a disaster. A few people i know have not had their tickets arrive (sending a credit card feeling ticket non special delivery? well done glade...) so they are saying if you take the card it was booked on, and proof of who you are, you will get let in even WITHOUT a ticket - it's just the queue may take longer.

Ticket came today!

I lol'ed at this section:

The Glade License application and subsequent hearing were severely hampered by the fact that the police felt that the Glade promotes the use of drugs. This is because last year a small number of police officers attended the event and saw people blatantly using drugs.

I mean HELLO, it's a trance festival!!!! HAHA!!!

acidvoodoo, if you want, I will be around in the morning and will activate your ticket for you, or I'm sure there will be somebody to do it for you.
Could save you a trip.

acidvoodoo said:
bollocks bollocks bollocks, my glade ticket is floating around in royal mail no mans land, having been sent from my house back home monday, to my house in Leeds, where it didn't arrive today, to my utter disappointment. How long does it take to post something 25 miles away?!

no idea what time post arrives in the morning at my Leeds address, as i'm never up before 11. What time does it tend to arrive at you lots houses? Would still like to make the 1010 train tommorow, but i gotta make a detour to the uni computers to activate the ticket, if the bastard arrives!

Thats really quite shit. It's taken 3 days already for something to arrive? give me a text tomorrow or somethin when you know if your meeting us. Good luck!

Edit: Carsicks idea is a very good one.

thanks for the suggestions. To complicate things further, my new credit card which is basicly making glade possible while i wait for checks to clear, is also lost in royal mail land. So even if i could get away with having no ticket, i gotta wait for that card : / Its not a disaster if i miss the 1010 as i can get a later train, would just prefer not to go solo plus i've no idea where i'm actually going after reading, seeing as glade decided to include their 'how to find us' information with the tickets haha

Also no CC means i couldn't get a new cheap handset, so i'll be taking my phone with out a working screen, meaning i cant read or write texts, but can make calls. So if i think i'm gonna make the 1010 i'll give you a ring

will have a think about this activation malarky

re: the Antiworld disaster - trust me, Glade is in a totally different league. It's a superbly well-organised festival.

For all you virgin Gladers: you're in for one of the best weekends of your life, I promise. It's gonna be absolutely wicked!!! =D %) =D %)

I'll just add to the words of caution about drugs though. Take care of yourselves. And each other. ;)

acidvoodoo said:
i've no idea where i'm actually going after reading, seeing as glade decided to include their 'how to find us' information with the tickets haha

The station you want is called Thatcham. It's on the Reading line, & when you get there there are buses running to the festival site.

Status
Not open for further replies.