Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Glade- The Aftermath

theghostofbillhicks

Bluelighter
Just got in.

What did people think?

Last year was a paradise. This time around the biblical floods turned it into a swamp.

None of the toilets were cleaned and only on the final day was some straw put down to keep the bog at bay.

I had a terrible time, it seemed such a shame. They could have had a flood policy/better sewage system.

After this and Glasto, I no longer have faith in UK festivals. They just take the money and run.

too bad. how was the music? did you catch atmos or cosmosis' set?

alasdair

The toilets at the campsite were fine i thought. Once i got past the damp i had a great time. More to post later after sleep.

You should have taken some drugs (and wellies doh!)= who gives a fuck attitude ;)

Wellies make you invincible as far as I'm concerned. Fuckin brillaint things.

theghostofbillhicks said:
After this and Glasto, I no longer have faith in UK festivals. They just take the money and run.

The rain/mud made me miserable at Glasto but I think they did a good job in trying to help us during the weekend. I was always spotting diggers removing mud and putting straw down. Not much more they can do, they can't turn the rain off.

i had the best time of my life im heading into a downward spiral of depression thinking about normal life :(

theghostofbillhicks said:
Just got in.

What did people think?

Last year was a paradise. This time around the biblical floods turned it into a swamp.

None of the toilets were cleaned and only on the final day was some straw put down to keep the bog at bay.

I had a terrible time, it seemed such a shame. They could have had a flood policy/better sewage system.

I have to pull you up on this:

1) None of the toilets at the TOP of the site were cleaned, as the truck couldn't get there because of the mud. The sets of toilets on the paths were cleaned 4 or 5 times daily

2) Take the money and run? what exactly were Glade supposed to do about unprecidented flooding that his flooded the whole of the south of England? In my opinion in the most extreme weather conditions possible they still managed to put on a great festival.

was brilliant apart from the volume, the weather wasn't nice but it did look like chocolate sauce. =D

Ha!

Vindication for my decision to go Sarajevo instead! Managed to end up staying 5 minutes walk away from the site where Archduke Franz Ferdinand was assasinated which was pretty cool. A little strange standing on the spot where the first shot of WWI was fired though. Sarajevo was actually a really cool city, a shame I was only there for a couple of days.

The vibe and organizers were very friendly and chilled, except swecurity was nasty though. since they were doing checks inside Glade instead of coppers they could just kept too obvious drug use to a minimum making a few token arrests of extreme people, thus pleasing the local authorities. Instead security was a load of hell's angels brutes who pretty much went around stealing people's drug stashes.

A lot could have been solved by putting straw down at least at the bottom where the stages were, but I think the flooding was so bad it was impossible to get any there. Dratt having feet size 13.5, no wellies available so I trekked around barefoot most of the time.

Despite all that we had a great time regardless, we weren't gonna let that bring us down! I had a fab time and am treasuring the memories of it, it was a bit of heaven being with ya all. Love and hugs to the fellow blers there. Got 20 seconds left at this internet cafe, will post pics and more later!

Instead security was a load of hell's angels brutes who pretty much went around stealing people's drug stashes.

Gotta say IME such 'organised gangs' of ill repute always behaved like I would hope my friends etc to behave. As in exactly the opposite to your perception. Or are you stereotyping ?

I didn't have a terrible time, but I didn't enjoy it even 1/10th what I should have done, nevermind how high my hopes were.
The lack of anything to deal with the mud that would so obviously swamp the site seemed like a huge fuck up. Even at Hawkfest where there were only 1000 people there was straw out the moment it started to get muddy.

Was cool getting out of the carpark on my bike this morning, though. I got applause. Anybody who was there today would have seen how much of an achievement that was.

Right, I've just had some GBL and I'm off to bed. With any luck I'll wake up at 4am ish and that will give me time to get sorted for work, be in early and finish very early tomorrow.

Night all.

Oh, and did anybody see the water tanker that almost rolled over half the campsite?
I think that was still stuck there at 8 this morning.

It's just that they could have sorted some straw. The forecast was grim and they saw Glasto sink.

Sigh, I guess I'm just massively disappointed 'cos last year was the best weekend of my life. For those of us that danced through it all, I salute you, beasts of the dance ;)

xs

They could have had a flood policy/better sewage system.

Perhaps they could have asked God to make it stop raining. :D Shitty circumstances yes, but speaking from past experience you make your own fun and get past the fact that you're getting soaked. As long as your tent and your changes of clothes stay dry then it's all good... assuming you have a car to sit in when it gets too much.

I just feel sorry for the guy who's pet rat drowned in the rain. :(

My changes of clothes stayed dry, but they didn't stay non muddy.

I'd say worst glade yet but that didn't stop me having an amazing time. Everyone i met was uniformly sound, when the sun came out the atmosphere was great. Forcing my feeti into size 10 wellies was maybe a bad idea as im blistered to bits but i don't really mind.

alasdairm said:
did you catch atmos or cosmosis' set?

Spent a while dancing barefoot to Cosmosis, twas an enjoyable time.

Wandering round london in just socks while my shoes dried out enough/untill i found some plastic bags was an amusing experiance too.