• S&T Moderators: VerbalTruist | Skorpio | alasdairm

Science Hangover pill

AlsoTapered

Bluelighter

Doesn't work, does it?

However you break it down, alcohol itself is still toxic so IF you could indeed stop all hangover symptoms (I presume by inducing certain liver enzymes), it's going to cause 'issues', especially if someone is also taking a medication - many interactions would surely occur.

But the problem has been solved. 30mg of Pyeyzolam feels like one has drunk 2 bottles of wine... in about 30 minutes. No hangover, no toxic metabolites and (keep this to yourself), pyeyzolam is excreted unchanged and 96% of it is removed by the kidneys. I hope I don't have to spell it out but 'on the piss' would be a truthful and accurate term.

No, I didn't drink my own urine, but our GC-MS results showed that over the following 24 hours, almost all of the pyeyzolam was excreted in the urine of the user.

BTW Pyeyzolam is only the generation 1 alcohol mimic. It can emulate 'drunk' but not '2 glasses of beer' but that problem has been overcome.

What I found almost completely removes alcohol hangover is enough of water, vitamin B12 and high quality booze.

If it works so pyeyzolam would be useful for very specific things. Like maybe a date for those who have hard time relaxing in such situation.
What about combos with pyeyzolam? Are there same dangers like with all benzos?

Concerning drugs similar to alcohol what I really hope to see one day is something closer to effects of GHB but that can be consumed in a manner alcohol can.

Well (R) HOCPCA (3-hydroxycyclopent-1-enecarboxylic acid) would be the safest GHB-like agent, but I don't think it's selective enough.

In all honesty, I think the BEST use of pyeyzolam would to be in the treatment of alcohol-dependant patients in an in-patient setting. From there it MIGHT be prescribable by doctors is a decade or so... THEN it might end up being sold from licenced premeses as a legal, safer alcohol alternative. I feel confident in saying that it would lighten the load for the emergency services since the frequency of violence and accidental poisoning would go down. In fact, I think suicide rates would also come down.

Pity my nation won't even make cannabis legal. The middle of a recession and we can raise 4.6 billion/annum in tax & duty (according to Home Office estimates).

Doesn't work, does it?

However you break it down, alcohol itself is still toxic so IF you could indeed stop all hangover symptoms (I presume by inducing certain liver enzymes), it's going to cause 'issues', especially if someone is also taking a medication - many interactions would surely occur.

But the problem has been solved. 30mg of Pyeyzolam feels like one has drunk 2 bottles of wine... in about 30 minutes. No hangover, no toxic metabolites and (keep this to yourself), pyeyzolam is excreted unchanged and 96% of it is removed by the kidneys. I hope I don't have to spell it out but 'on the piss' would be a truthful and accurate term.

No, I didn't drink my own urine, but our GC-MS results showed that over the following 24 hours, almost all of the pyeyzolam was excreted in the urine of the user.

BTW Pyeyzolam is only the generation 1 alcohol mimic. It can emulate 'drunk' but not '2 glasses of beer' but that problem has been overcome.
True, if you binge drink or drink enough alcohol, no supplement, vitamin, tablet, sport drink with electrolytes, multiple liters of water, food, or pill is going to completely get rid of a horrible hangover.

What I found almost completely removes alcohol hangover is enough of water, vitamin B12 and high quality booze.

If it works so pyeyzolam would be useful for very specific things. Like maybe a date for those who have hard time relaxing in such situation.
What about combos with pyeyzolam? Are there same dangers like with all benzos?

Concerning drugs similar to alcohol what I really hope to see one day is something closer to effects of GHB but that can be consumed in a manner alcohol can.
Water and the B-vitamins are helpful up to a point, but it is way too easy to go past that.

I never noticed any difference in hangover quality or worsening of effects with the brand, type, or quality of alcohol but it has more to do with how much you drink, if you keep drinking after you are sick, etc. I never have gotten completely drunk on nothing but wine. That is cultural as we would drink 1-2 or at rare times 3 small glasses with a meal, and drink them very slowly. My mother would have just one glass about once or three times a year for special meals such as Christmas eve, Christmas day, or Easter and almost fall asleep from it.

I never ordered wine in bars as I could buy a lot more pints of beer or mixed drinks for the price of a glass or bottle.

Last edited:
Speaking as an alcoholic 90% of hangovers are mitigated simply by drinking more water than you think you need and eating enough food.

They announced this pill a year ago, it's a scam. Does nothing to prevent hangovers... simply reduces the amount of alcohol absorbed... which is only going to make those vulnerable to hangovers drink even more....

Speaking as an alcoholic 90% of hangovers are mitigated simply by drinking more water than you think you need and eating enough food.

They announced this pill a year ago, it's a scam. Does nothing to prevent hangovers... simply reduces the amount of alcohol absorbed... which is only going to make those vulnerable to hangovers drink even more....
I never took those chaser brand capsuels or the other hangover pills. A friend did and he noticed little to no difference.

The flavonoid dihydromyricetin works shockingly well in reducing the symptoms of hangover. I was quite surprised. You have to consume a few grams of it but the effect is like night and day. Taken before drinking will also reduce the effect of alcohol itself. Weird stuff.

You can buy it readily online.

The flavonoid dihydromyricetin works shockingly well in reducing the symptoms of hangover. I was quite surprised. You have to consume a few grams of it but the effect is like night and day. Taken before drinking will also reduce the effect of alcohol itself. Weird stuff.

Why aren't there more studies on this stuff?

Could it also work for benzo withdrawal?

Why aren't there more studies on this stuff?

Could it also work for benzo withdrawal?

It does not seem to offer any relief during benzo withdrawal (I tried using it for this purpose, no benefit, at least none in an acute sense). It also has no real anxiolytic effects, as far as I can tell.

But the reduction of the next day effects of alcohol is quite strong. Theres a thread about it:

Borcht that has fermented overnight in the refrigerator.
Is that Kvass? Normally they use dark bread but some people use beet juice, doesn't it contain low amounts of alcohol like Kefir and all fermented foods and beverages do?

I have never made kvass, kefir, or kombucha, or Jun. I just have bought the pre-made drinks in stores the milk kefir has no alcohol. I have made actual sauerkraut and apfelkraut, but those are eaten only once or twice a year.

Last edited:
It does not seem to offer any relief during benzo withdrawal (I tried using it for this purpose, no benefit, at least none in an acute sense). It also has no real anxiolytic effects, as far as I can tell.

But the reduction of the next day effects of alcohol is quite strong. Theres a thread about it:

I am glad I did not know about this 11 years ago. I would have probably never stopped drinking, smoking marijuana/hashish, tripping, etc.

Is that Kvass?

I should have said marinated. Do not forment your borcht please.

But seriously borcht is a good hangover cure. Make a batch of borcht with extra garlic before you go out drinking. In the morning you will have delicious sugary borcht to help cure the hangover!

Normally they use dark bread but some people use beet juice, doesn't it contain low amounts of alcohol like Kefir and all fermented foods and beverages do?

Yes, however I recommend borcht as a hangover cure. Actually I have not tried Kefir as a hangover cure.

I have made actual sauerkraut and apfelkraut, but those are eaten only once or twice a year.

That's impressive!

I've tried dihydromyricetin, but didn't get more, because i worry it increases the liver harm of drinking by increasing flux through alcohol/aldehyde dehydrogenases, which can speed the development of fatty liver.

An iv bag full of saline + fructose will speed alcohol and acetaldehyde clearance but increase harm to the liver.

I've tried dihydromyricetin, but didn't get more, because i worry it increases the liver harm of drinking by increasing flux through alcohol/aldehyde dehydrogenases, which can speed the development of fatty liver.

An iv bag full of saline + fructose will speed alcohol and acetaldehyde clearance but increase harm to the liver.

How did you perceive its effects/efficacy? And at what dose?

How did you perceive its effects/efficacy? And at what dose?
I was eyeballing after using a scale to measure 2-3 grams, so probably 1-4 grams taken at the end of the night. It was a water insoluble powder with a slight fishy note (but not amine-y).

It is pretty rare for me to get the "in bed all day vomiting" hangovers, but i would often take it with a friend after a night of drinking lots of beer and whiskey.

I felt it was subtle, but the next mornings I would feel less hungover than I thought I deserved. One of the main symptoms of a hangover for me is disrupted sleep, and I felt I would sleep better after taking the dhm. I wouldn't wake up in the middle of the night sweaty and overheated as I am wont to do when i drink too much.

It certainly wasn't a complete elimination of hangover effects, and that combined with my worry about it increasing the harm of alcohol kind of turned me off of it.

Doesn't work, does it?

Do you think we will see artificial, recreationally suited ethanol alternatives on the market for consumer use soon? I've always firmly believed a non toxic or less toxic alcohol substitute would help a LOT of people in a big way as many folks simply are reluctant or unable or unwilling to quit drinking as it is so firmly entrenched in human culture. A less toxic alternative marketed and consumed in a similar if not the exact same way as traditional ethanol containing beverages would help fix the issues caused by alcohol as far as hurting, killing, and disabling people due to the toxic side effects over time. I'm also sure a lot less days of work would be missed by people who are sick and hungover after having a night out drinking. Also alcoholics would benefit from a non prescription alcohol alternative that is less toxic.

Do you think we will see artificial, recreationally suited ethanol alternatives on the market for consumer use soon? I've always firmly believed a non toxic or less toxic alcohol substitute would help a LOT of people in a big way as many folks simply are reluctant or unable or unwilling to quit drinking as it is so firmly entrenched in human culture. A less toxic alternative marketed and consumed in a similar if not the exact same way as traditional ethanol containing beverages would help fix the issues caused by alcohol as far as hurting, killing, and disabling people due to the toxic side effects over time. I'm also sure a lot less days of work would be missed by people who are sick and hungover after having a night out drinking. Also alcoholics would benefit from a non prescription alcohol alternative that is less toxic.

Short answer - no. Long answer - The government takes an absolute fuck tonne of tax from drinkers. Cultural factors aside, there is just too much money changing hands for the government to give the slightest shit about a "hangoverless" or "less toxic" alternative.

People need to understand it from where I am seeing it. My dad is an ex-cop. He was a potential senior-level detective with a good business IQ when it comes to cop work. He obviously knew stuff like this even decades ago. I inherited a lot of his cop-like intelligence, and it's quite easy to put two and two together, because of his knowledge of what is involved behind these government policies. Lots of corruption through to the highest levels.

TL;DR:- Government does NOT want YOU to get ahead. You just CAN'T fucking win.

Short answer - no. Long answer - The government takes an absolute fuck tonne of tax from drinkers. Cultural factors aside, there is just too much money changing hands for the government to give the slightest shit about a "hangoverless" or "less toxic" alternative.

People need to understand it from where I am seeing it. My dad is an ex-cop. He was a potential senior-level detective with a good business IQ when it comes to cop work. He obviously knew stuff like this even decades ago. I inherited a lot of his cop-like intelligence, and it's quite easy to put two and two together, because of his knowledge of what is involved behind these government policies. Lots of corruption through to the highest levels.

TL;DR:- Government does NOT want YOU to get ahead. You just CAN'T fucking win.
Can we just replace this shitty government with one that functions with the interests of the people in mind? I thought that was like the original idea of The United States of America. America, you done dropped the ball homie.